Curse of Health

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tour, May 25, 2016.

1. Tour Augur

Anyone having issues with Curse of Health proc'ing as soon as it is cast?

[Mon May 09 20:41:07 2016] Anashti Sul, Lady of Life begins to cast a spell. <Curse of Health>
    [Mon May 09 20:41:07 2016] Anashti Sul, Lady of Life begins to cast a spell. <Curse of Health>
    [Mon May 09 20:41:07 2016] Anashti Sul, Lady of Life says 'I grant to (names) the gift of Health. However, it is unlikely that their mortal bodies can contain that gift.'
    [Mon May 09 20:41:07 2016] You explode with health. You have taken 78690 points of damage.

I assumed that one of the targets had something on that negated, blocked, or otherwise modified the damage portion of the spell, keeping them at 100% and thus triggering the Explosion of Health AoE the instant it landed. Or maybe it is just bad timing that one of the targets already had a heal incoming and it just landed at the same time. But the more I look through the logs it keeps coming up, sometimes multiple times an event. Anyone else see this happen on their runs?
  2. Cicelee Augur

Would Shield of Consequence mess this up? As in, absorb the entire DD and never put the player below 100?
  3. Sindaiann Augur

No lucem, no glyph spray, no reactive rune, have everyone remove self dd runes including geomantra.

Hell the easiest thing to do is stop all splashing, heals over time and group healing when a golem spawns and the people called just insta gate out. People can return after the mature timer.

Curse will mature from healing to full after the initial dd
    Curse will mature if you mitigate the dd and are full health afterwards
    You HAVE to take damage from the dd from curse and not return or be full health afterwards, or it matures.

Shield of consequence in theory could screw this up since it absorbs 60% of all magical damage up to 169493 total damage absorbed.

Give people insta gate clickies, make a hot key telling people to remove dd runes and such, and have the people called insta gate. Works as well as there reaction time lol

Hell you can go as far as not mgbing lucem or glyph spray on vim and vigor as a precaution. Just incase anyone still has it.
    Warpeace likes this.
  4. Tour Augur

Done all that; guess we just have a few stranglers not following.
  5. Daislet Augur

They have to have blocked the 75k DD completely for it to fire immediately like that. A mitigation (like 60% spell rune) etc wont cause it to fire.
    Pretty sure you'd be able to tell what is by what classes were emoted. My guess would be necro or enchanter.