Current XP Rates

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Balorf, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Vrael Lorekeeper

So what does the bolded statement have to do with faster xp? Are you saying that leveling much more slowly keeps your friends on their rat wheel longer, which is what makes them enjoy this game? You say they quit when there arent things to do....So your saying that EQ doesnt have much to do once people hit level cap?

I have a great idea! Lets make an AA that doubles XP for everyone who wants it, and keeps it current for everyone who doesnt! That way people like you and your friends can level slowly so that you feel as though you earned or achieved something (lol). The reality of it is, the only reason people like you guys like slow leveling is because it creates a giant ladder that people have to invest lots of time into to climb, where people who have lots of time on their hands are. Thats not skill, its not engaging, and its not fun.

Leveling is content, nobody disputed that. You say its good game design....whats good game design? Are you suggesting that SLOW leveling is good game design? Because massive numbers from other very successful MMOs would dispute that claim. The reality is, barriers to end game, such as slow leveling, is just to cover the fact that there is no end game content worth leveling to.

Leveling is on the highlight reels of peoples MMO experience? Lol okay. WoWs leveling experience is good game design. Its engaging, its accessible, and it gets you to end game content. EQs leveling experience is the reason EQ is dead.

Good game design is making leveling easy and accessible to everyone, and having content for people as they level that is fun an engaging. Go figure.

Since you probably didnt actually read any of the above posts, ill repost a response from earlier. Since people seem to want to correlate leveling more quickly to having nothing to do in the game.

2. Vrael Lorekeeper

Aside from all the AoS posting, has anyone formed a logical argument as to why faster XP is MORE deterimental to the server than slower xp is going to be?

3. Kunon Augur

The death spirals of TLP populations start immediately after they launch since their draw and appeal is that they are a fresh start. Once they get underway that is no longer the case and by the third or fourth expansion they are no different than a Live Server with extremely top heavy populations. At that point you can "catch up" on a Live Server just as quickly (if not more so with Heroic Toons) than on the TLPs. Experience rates can't and won't fix that, but the bonus experience days have always been a draw regardless of server or server experience rate as it tends to draw out a ton of alts belonging to those that are basically "done" with an expansion on their mains.
  4. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

If the leveling process takes too little time, anybody starting out late is going to struggle finding groups in the lower level brackets because everybody and their 8 alternate characters are already max level.

Having everybody done with the leveling game can and will create bottle necks in some area of the game. Epics are a good exemple. If the population is more spread out among level brackets those bottle necks will ease out naturaly.

Alternate Advancement Experience. They are great, in my opinion. They totally change the group game as you can gain exp, well almost forever. AA's are a very good incentive to get together with a bunch of friends after raid and just do some group content while watching a bar move. If exp is too fast, AA's get capped and that whole aspect of the game disappear.

Class knowledge. When I group up with someone in the end game content, I like to think that the people i'm grouped with have some experience with their character. While I understand that the game is 17 years old and there is no more secrets anymore, some people are still experiencing classes for the first time. This is my first Druid for example. Leveling process is kind of a training ground for you to learn your class.

The exp is not even that slow. It takes maybe a month to get to level 60. I would understand the complaints if it was much more slower but come on. I leveled an enchanter from 40 to 60 in 3 days during the exp bonus. That is insanely fast. I understand Enchanters are a very high demand class but any other class should be able to do it in a similar time frame if they tried.

So, aside from all filthy casuals posting, has anyone formed a logical argument as to why slower XP is MORE deterimental to the server than faster xp is going to be?
  5. Dranix Augur

Fairly sure there have been several, some people even gave great historical examples from other games.

40-60 in 3 days? So probably around 35-40 hours played in 3 days. I dont think you should be admitting that publicly.
  6. Vrael Lorekeeper

7. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Inb4 Gremlins and wellfare insults?
  8. Dranix Augur

Are you on welfare? I would never make fun of you for your tragic economic status. I'm sure you have perfectly legitimate reasons for depending on the great tax payers of the U S of A.
  9. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

You don't seem to be familiar with sarcasm
  10. Brumski Augur

Let's find all the posts where people said they quit because XP is too fast, or because instancing makes gear to easy to get....
  11. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

12. Dranix Augur

And you clearly can't take a joke. Seems as though we're both fairly tragic individuals.
  13. Vrael Lorekeeper

Thanks for trying again Squeesh!
    "If the leveling process takes too little time, anybody starting out late is going to struggle finding groups in the lower level brackets because everybody and their 8 alternate characters are already max level."

What sounds worse, having to level by yourself and reaching cap in a week, or having to level by yourself and reaching cap in a month? Right

"Having everybody done with the leveling game can and will create bottle necks in some area of the game. Epics are a good exemple. If the population is more spread out among level brackets those bottle necks will ease out naturaly."

So what your saying is that you dont want competition for epics, keys etc?

"Class knowledge. When I group up with someone in the end game content, I like to think that the people i'm grouped with have some experience with their character. While I understand that the game is 17 years old and there is no more secrets anymore, some people are still experiencing classes for the first time. This is my first Druid for example. Leveling process is kind of a training ground for you to learn your class."

Are you suggesting that EQ is hard? No class in EQ takes massive amount of experience to play well, none. People regularly play EQ while watching netflix and boxing, reflex isnt even a factor in EQ.

Reading comprehension seems to be tough with you guys, ill re-post from other threads. Put your Hot pocket down for a moment and read.

[/quote]
  14. packmule New Member

Besides the you keep spewing about garbage trashy baitandswitch xp being ok, yeah, look at seb this friday as opposed to the 1st and tell me how many more people were playing during double XP.
  15. packmule New Member

The entitlement and crybaby attitudes that this server has been plagued by coming from the "self proclaimed elite" trying to flame the normal player who logs on prob 3 hours a day generously is the real problem this server has, other than xp being trash. But lolwhothefu*kcares buy more exp pots sheep. We all know it isnt Sheckelbreaks brilliant business model keeping them afloat
  16. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Neither, in a perfect game, there would be players in all the level brackets of the game.

While me and most of my guildmates do enjoy the competitive aspect of Everquest, the 39 page thread on the frontpage of the TLP forums and the recent decision of DBG to alleviate the VP key camps makes me want to think that the rest of the community does not.

Everquest is a knowledge based game, once you KNOW things, you should be pretty good at playing your class. Even with the slow exp rates I still come across some players who don't know down from up though. Doesn't mean the game is easy or hard, it means they need more time with it.

All you have been doing is debunking arguments from people saying the exp rates are fine. Your condescending tone does not make your non-existing arguments any better. Faster exp would not be better because reasons. There is already VERY little to do in the game, enjoy the leveling while it lasts. Make friends, I don't know.
  17. Healiez Augur

Part of the issue with the "slow" exp rates is people wanting that "amazing group".

I have seen so many people turn down groups because its not what they view as optimal. I have kept disco clear for pretty solid exp with like bard, monk, shaman, ranger, ranger mage.

A group is a group, stop being stingy, also STOP SITTING LOOKING FOR GROUP FOR HOURS. You can legit pull up the LFG 90% of the time and make a decent group from what is LFG, no one wants to actually do it tho.
  18. Vrael Lorekeeper

I mean, ive posted a few pretty constructive responses as to why i think there should be a higher XP mod on this server.
    But i guess it really boils down to one thing DEVS:

1. Are people more likely to quit and not come back because they reached max level and have accomplished all they wanted to accomplish in 1-3 months right after an expansion release.

Or

2. Are people more likely to quit when they feel like they will never accomplish or achieve what they wanted to, and will never get to experience the things they wanted to experience during each expansion climax due to slow leveling?

I think its pretty clear, given that the server is on a 3 month deadline for each expansion release and people only get further and further behind.

Using the most successful MMO in history as a reference to answer the above questions would just make it more obvious.
  19. Rhodz Augur

The ONLY way that happens is when the game is growing as it was long ago with a constant stream of new players. The lower the xp the more it depends on this condition which is why it worked back then. You should know this.

You do know boring is boring no matter the competition or at least you should and that task is boring as heck for anyone with a life. You should know this.

That means they were carried by someone else, i.e. either PL or always grouped. It takes a mix of play to learn a class even despite the fact this aint anyone's first rodeo. The xp rate is immaterial unless the rate gets so high it cannot be done and nothing on EQ is even close to that high except perhaps FV during a high bonus period like last week.You should know this.

Wait a second... there is very little to do in EQ????
    I just spit my drink all over the screen laughing.
    Man that is one weak position you got there. Wow
  20. Dekrepid New Member

1-10 should be a bit faster, let you feel accomplished until you get slapped in the face.

I'm personally enjoying the leveling experience and the social aspect of the New players channel. Every group I get into people are having fun, and that's what counts. If this is too slow for you, you don't belong on a close to classic EQ server, it simply was never the game for you.

Have fun and safe travels through Norrath!