Current XP Grind

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kinadafz, Aug 18, 2017.

1. kinadafz Augur

I box 3 characters and my friend boxes 3 more. We consist of a 92 war, 92 rogue, 91 cleric, 89 war, 86 zerker, 88 mag.

Outside the group he plays a shaman and a monk sometimes for pulls and slows.

Right now, what we do is basically burn a lesson or pop an xp pot, then named hunt for 30 min or so, then log. So, about an hour to 90 minutes of playtime. Generally always in the hot zone appropriate for our levels

Is this the best xp route for us currently? I will typically get 1-2 oranges per 30 minutes doing this route (pending character level). Mobs die super fast (mag can get 2 nukes off before mob dies, sometimes a third), so our dps is decent. We are limited by amount of mobs and length of pull.
  2. Lianeb Augur

You can try out the dead hills HA missions they be a of a challenge at your level and the name mobs might be out of your reach but completing them is a pretty large chunk of xp. After you get a few levels you can do all 3 on a lesson burn. Save your lesson for the final hail in the mission as that is what gives the bulk or almost all of the Xp. You can then run your lesson through the next and if you finish with lesson on even more Xp. Give it a few levels and some time and you will be doing all three like that.
  3. kinadafz Augur

I'll definitely check that out. I read you can get a full level in around 5-6 runs, and the potential to get 3 runs on lesson, with my gorilla math, bring in pie, some vectors, etc....one lesson means about a level :p

That....is substantially better than a 30 minute grind of mobs.
  4. Symbius Augur

I've always found doing the CoTF HA's as the best in those ranges. Especially when they line up with being bonus daily ones from the guy in PoK outside of the Lobby. For CoTF HA's you do not get your xp until the mission is complete, just a large chunk at the end.

Some are easier than others. Marla in WK, Gribble in DH, Rozz in Neriak and Snazlieu in Bixie all have pretty easy ones you can rotate. Simply get one almost completely done, but pop your lesson prior to the final hail or kill. Then immediately move into a new one. At worst, you should be able to get 2 done on that lesson and once you get more gear/AA, 3 becomes easier.
  5. Scorrpio Augur

One problem I see with your setup is no CC and no debuffs. In HAs, mobs are often in groups and without CC you are going to be facing multiples all the time. Of course if you have high DPS, that might be fine.
    I typically start by picking up bonus HAs from Clayton Teek in PoK. Doing the HAs he assigns comes with a massive bonus. One problem though is he might assign HAs you are not yet eligible for. I.e. he might give you Snazliew #3 when you did not do 1 or 2 yet. And yesterday I got HA in Caverns of Endless Song even though I barely started TDS progression and cant even enter the zone yet.

But even without Teek bonus, doing HA is great xp and also earns you alternate currency such as marks of valor.
  6. Millianna Augur

1 to 2 oranges per 30 minutes and we are complaining? The exp grind at level sucks, but you are way head of most people.
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

Anyone remember grinding through hell levels?
  8. kinadafz Augur

I'm not complaining, I think it is really good, but it is only that good because of the big tank. Meaning, we can kill non stop at stuff that is yellow/red to me.

yes, hell levels were the worst. I remember talking to a pally in velks who said he was on like hour 6, and only 2 oranges in.
  9. kinadafz Augur

The xp on these missions is far and above the best I've experienced, especially when it is the daily. When it's a daily, i'll pop my lesson at the end and get almost 1/2 a level.

However, doing more than one per lesson is impossible for me. I always get one wipe in, always. Like one person said, no CC. That's generally ok, but too many times I'll end up with 3 mobs, get cocky, not pop final stand, and squish. Often times I can live through the 3 mobs with mag pet and other toons, but then it's rez the tank, wait a bit for rez effects, etc.

So, what I do is set up campfire in lvl 95 hot zone, then to PoK to be ported to mission. Get to end of mission, pop lesson, then campfire back and grind for 30 minutes. This ends up netting me around 3 orange per lesson and is much safer. Otherwise, I "could" get probably 4-4.5 orange if I got 2 done, but getting two done in 30 minutes with me has about a .007% (get it) chance of success.
  10. Lianeb Augur

They get alot easier as you level and AA plus you are gaining currency you can use to upgrade gear.