Current Ranger advice

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by monk12, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Fintank Augur

For Secondary I use my Tome of the Obulus, more DPS, Agro reducer and more mana which is even more DPS on top of the proc damage.

I suppose in a pinch it may be worth doing. However if it comes down to you using heal procs to try and keep your tanks alive then I pretty much echo what Jhenna said above. If it comes down to hybrid healing I just go full heal mode and wreck the heal parse instead of the DPS parse ;P

Should pretty much be using 1 of 2 combos at all times. Combo 1 = Cone + Tome and Combo 2 is Tooth + Tome. (Darkened Trakanon's Tooth) I have not been able to acquire the Tooth yet unfortunately, so as far as how much extra DMG it adds and if it's worth it over the Cone I have no idea :(
  2. monk12 Journeyman

awesome info, I shall get that tome when I have time as well...
  3. Brohg Augur

I think the most important observation would be a simple cast count of a five or ten minute battle, to illustrate for those trying to learn real rangering just how much spell volume they should aim for in attempting to match the performance of class exemplars. That's the primary mental block I see for ambitious up & comers. They read guides and "follow them perfectly" - at like a 60% pace, and then look for externals to explain / excuse a 200k dps burn while wondering what the big deal is re:mana.
  4. monk12 Journeyman

What augs do you have in the cone/tome? Does it matter?
  5. Brohg Augur

Sympathetic augs not available to rangers :(
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

As stated above, we don't have sympathetic augs that will fit so it's whatever HDex aug you have that will go in main hand. The vast majority of Rangers I'd guess have Hero's Calling in it - but most recent Anniversary augs work well if that's not an option, yet.
  7. monk12 Journeyman

Kk thanks
  8. Brohg Augur

Modern shield augs have hAgi on them. You have to reach back some for a Siren's Stone from TDS to augment the Tome of Obulus with hDex, or get the cooler still-exotic Soul of the Grandmaster from PoWar.
  9. Monkman Augur

Has anyone actually parsed the differences in levels of hdex? I was quite high on my monk (+1850) and traded about 150 of it for hsta and haven’t noticed any parseable loss in dps, curious if that’s similar for any rangers out there.
  10. Derka Power Ranger

11. Fintank Augur

Generally when you look at tradeoffs and increases for things like Heroics and Spell Damage you're only going to see your increases/decreases on extremely long parses due to RNG being a heavy factor. If your event is 5 minutes long and you swap to all stamina you probably aren't going to notice that big of a difference at all in your parse. Things start to become more noticeable in the longer fights where you aren't burning for the whole duration like Sathir Line. Can't be losing that top DPS spot cause of heroics now! ;P
  12. monk12 Journeyman

Also, so I was reading a few threads back, and I was wondering if someone could clear up "quiver haste" is this something? Or quivers don't matter?
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Quivers absolutely matter. The higher that weight reduction, the more bow haste the quiver provides. I haven't thought about this in a while because the quiver is just always there but I think you divide the weight reduction by 3 or 4 to determine the actual amount of haste the quiver provides. I forget.

Edit: It's divided by 3. I recall the old fleeting quiver being 20% bow haste and that quiver is 60% weight reduction.
  14. Shm12 New Member

Is that the quiver to go for then?
  15. Thraine Augur

youll want the Prescient Fleeting Quiver. its 90% WR so ends up to be about 30% bow haste
  16. Makalicious New Member

Thanks to all the contributors on this page, this is really great info. I know the answer to my question has been hinted at throughout this thread, but I will ask anyway. Is spam casting the summer nuke during pureshot/scarlet cheetah a dps boost? Or should I only be casting arrow nukes during pureshot and start spamming reg nuke after main burn?
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

In a raid setting? With SCF going and things like:

[51057/37198] Imperator's Precision IV
    Classes: WAR/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Corruption, No Sanctification
    Reflectable: No
    Stacking: Imperator's Precision 3
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 12% to 25% (After Crit)
    2: Limit Type: Detrimental
    3: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    4: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    This ability, when activated, exposes weaknesses in your target's magic defenses which allows you and your allies to deal between 12 and 25% more damage with direct damage spells against the target for 1 minute.
    This ability shares a timer with Imperator's Charge and Imperator's Command.

And

[51500/8450] Mana Burn XVII
    Classes: WIZ/254
    Skill: Melee
    Mana: 70000
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic -1000, No Sanctification
    Reflectable: No
    Trigger Spell DS: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 3s
    Duration: 2m (20 ticks), Dispelable: No
    Hate: 140000
    Max Hits: 500 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 20400 (After Crit)
    2: Limit Target: Exclude Lifetap
    3: Limit Target: Exclude Target AE Lifetap
    4: Limit Effect: Exclude Resource Tap
    5: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    6: Decrease Current HP by 25% up to 2800000
    7: Mana Burn up to 1 Damage
    8: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 7 is 'Mana Burn' and < 100000
    This ability, when activated, channels 70000 mana into a raw, unfocused blast of pure magical energy that deals 25% of the target's health in damage (up to 2800000).
    This blast leaves a lingering burn that both prevents another Mana Burn from landing and increases the damage of the next 500 direct damage spells that land on the target for by 20400 for 2 minutes.

Neither of which are focused by arrow nukes (out side the line of Summer's Cyclone on Dicto, maybe).
  18. Brohg Augur

Imperator's Precision ninja changing SPAs when it was opened to use on raid mobs pretty thoroughly kneecapped it.
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Fintank Augur

If Arrow Nukes are on CD you should always be spamming Summer's. Cast time on it is already 0.5 before any spell haste so you *shouldn't* be losing any DPS on it. Provided your mana holds up anyway. You may rarely have to load in some of the weaker nukes depending on how you hold your own on mana.
  20. Thraine Augur

just spam silent shot, the 2 arrow nukes, dicho and summers ... you wont need any other nukes memed, and it allows you more spell gems for Utility stuff like bump roots, vinelash etc