Current best method for dual boxing on one computer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adeus, Oct 12, 2017.

1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Your ignorant use of the term "hacker" is the most funny thing of all.

Are you referring to the game itself or it's developers? It's true that DBG requests a credit card and absolutely true that they put spyware on your computer. They tell you both of these things up front. IS Boxer, on the other hand, does not require a credit card or even automatically renew your subscription. EQ and it's owners have a historical record of "losing" your private information (including credit card), but I've never heard of a Lavasoft breech.

But you don't even need an outside view of both programs. DBG specifically allows IS Boxer with EQ (on it's non-TrueBox servers). Despite your weak attempt to make it out to be "bad" software or to call it's developers "hackers".

Welcome to the modern era. Now go point your finger somewhere else (maybe at yourself, for hating progress).
  2. Orienn TreeHugger

I just prefer to play one on a raid if i needed to I could probably play 2, but playing 1 on a raid is my preference.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

2- or 3- (or possibly even 4-) boxing just alt tab. As others have said you likely should always launch the characters in a specific order, so you know which is which; and having "patchme" short cuts for the 2nd and later characters would be a good idea to save time.

When it comes to keybindings, I really fail to see any benefit from having separate directories for that. It means that you have to memorize 2 or 3 times as many things than you already have to. But that is just me.

There is no performance benefit to running in separate directories or using secondary programs like eqwin, wineq or whatever they call it these days.

The boxing software mentioned by others earlier, isn't really necessary for 4 or less characters, as you can tab or click around just as easily unless you're doing some kind of raiding where you need to actually see everyone's screen and react to complex situations at the drop of a hat. Not something that someone who is going to be just duoing group stuff is going to have to worry about.
  4. Strawberry Augur

You do realize that IS Boxer is made by hackers right?

You realize it's from the same people that hacked Everquest and designed M---croquest right.

Dude, when Rashere was still a developer, he called them hackers all the time. He warned these people were stealing CC cards which were then used for chargebacks to buy stuff with.

Just because DBG doesn't have the means to go after them anymore like SoE did, doesn't mean they are suddenly different people.

what a joke
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Strawberry,

You're conflating different events and issues, and come out very confused.

1:
    emqueuetwo was hacked s/w (i.e. hacks the target program to do things the original publisher did not intend). eyeessbee is not. If a hacker gets a job for a s/w company, will their work product 10 years later still be "hacked" s/w? That's essentially what you're claiming.

2:
    "Dude, when Rashere was still a developer, he called them hackers all the time. He warned these people were stealing CC cards". Pronouns, pronouns, pronouns. The first "them" may or may not be referring to the producer of said s/w, the second "these people" does not. The people who were stealing CC info were second party compilers (the s/w came uncompiled, and you compiled it yourself). The producer warned people to not deal with said second parties, because a) they charged more money just for compiling, and b) because he knew some of them were compiling spyware and other unsavory things into the s/w. The fact that some of them were also participating in CC fraud shouldn't be too surprising.

Tat
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I am enjoying the spectacle of you doubling down on your ignorance without checking the facts, even after others have pointed them out for you. Seriously, thank you for the entertaining Monday morning :)
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

From: http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Graphics_and_performance_settings_guide

CPUAffinity

If your CPU (processor) has more than one core (if your computer is from 2007 to the present, it likely has more than one) you can tell EQ to set its affinity to use all cores. While EQ only uses one core, this should enable it to use whichever core is free. Regardless, everyone should set this, as it is unlikely to hurt and can help.

To do so, edit your eqclient.ini file, located in your EverQuest folder on your computer (note by default Windows hides the extension .ini in Explorer). Open eqclient.ini (or just eqclient if extension hidden) by double clicking on it. Look in the file for "CPUAffinity0=x" (without the quotes, and a number instead of x), usually in the [Defaults] section.

If it does not say: "CPUAffinity0=-1" (that's a negative one), then change it to that (without the quotes). If you can't find it, add it to the [Defaults] section.

If you multibox on the computer, add "CPUAffinity1=-1" for two boxing and "CPUAffinity2=-1" for three boxing, and so on (again, without the quotes).

CPUAffinity0=-1
    CPUAffinity1=-1
    CPUAffinity2=-1
    CPUAffinity3=-1
    Hiladdar likes this.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

The software that starts with is and ends with boxer is not run by hackers. It is run by software developers that target boxers. In its raw state it is an amazing piece of software and a huge QOL improvement for anyone that boxes. Also in its raw state it stands in line with the EULA. They even modified their software to be in compliance with the true box servers. They understand how business works and they don't wont to bite the hand that feeds them or the companies that they provide software for. Its ignorance from people like yourself and those who abuse programs like this that give it a bad name. The company is great to work with and the vast majority of its users are just your average Joe and Jane who enjoy boxing but don't want to hook up several computers or alt tab to do something that can be done in a much more efficient method. Those who are content with doing alt tab or running several computers good for them but for those of us who enjoy technology moving forward and utilizing those advances there is nothing wrong with that. I see the old school boxers like the Amish using all hand tools to build stuff while those who use the unmentioned software realize that using power tools is a much more efficient way to get the job done. Neither way is wrong it all comes down to personal preference in how you want to enjoy your gaming experience.
    Metanis likes this.
  9. Wizlard Augur

Bumped for the funny doubling down on ignorance.
  10. Metanis Bad Company

EQ is a much better game because years ago they had to respond to the improvements that Joe at L a v i s h s o f t was able to produce and teach them a thing or two. I've been a happy customer ever since WinEQ2 and currently 6-box using his more powerful software. To call him a "hacker" is like saying Warren Buffet is a novice businessman.
    Aurastrider likes this.