No Fix Planned currency for cov missions

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by smash, Dec 13, 2020.

1. smash Augur

The amount of currency you receive on the missions are rather low. 45 per mission.

Sounds a bit like it was in tov, where it was changed to higher amount.

To be able to buy 1 type 5 aug, you need to do 12 missions.
    Griggson, Shard, Ysho and 2 others like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Considering the difficulty of 3 of these missions, the RVR is way out of whack.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  3. Ysho New Member

I agree. 9% of a reward per mission sounds rough. my 6 box crew needs 53,500 to fully aug with the new ones. This is after subtracting the droped and tradeskilled type 5s. Thats 198 mission completions. Oh, lawd!

I think I remember this being a thing when ToV came out, but I was just starting up then and wasn't even dreaming of type 5s. :)

I'll definitely get this done in a years time...I'm not sure ill have fun doing 198 mission completions out of a pool of four though.
  4. Slasher Augur

The problem is they assume you will do each mission once a day ? Ya except not all 4 are equal. Realistically most people will only repeat 2 of them and the other 2 will be done once and only once.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

This is comparable to ToV missions with the same aug price. And just like ToV, CoV has some easy missions and some not-so-easy ones.

This is not a bug.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Kuaamil Elder

ToV was slightly more currency for each mission after they upped the currency a month or two into the expansion (63-93 per mission versus 20ish-40ish in the beginning).

If you're running the missions twice a day each, it's still a matter of roughly a month to complete a set of augs. I also think people think the missions are harder than they actually are. My raid geared box group goes through without any issues, and I have a ToV group TS geared group that I ran through for the fun of it. While they had more difficulty, including a couple wipes, the group geared box group made it through all of the missions as well.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The amount given is based on an estimate of how long it takes to complete each mission.

It is entirely possible that this estimate is incorrect, but I would need more data before I would make adjustments. And I *wont* give extra to the two favorite missions, as mentioned. They are probably favorite because they are the shortest (And easiest, but short and easy often, but not always, coincide), and the shortest get the least reward. Its more likely that the long difficult missions will get additional rewards.
    Fenthen and Duder like this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

All missions give 45, so if its intended to be based on length of mission I think that part isnt functioning.
  9. Dharken Elder

While the currency route is low, These slot 5s will also drop from Named across the expansion. They are not completely locked behind missions.