curious to see what folks get limited time discounts on when claiming the monthly free 500dbc

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vlad Diszno, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Vlad Diszno Augur

I was offered: Perfected Augmentation Distiller(4 pack) for 500, discounted from 1000
    Bottle of Adventure II (3 bottles) for 500, discounted from 900

Offer expires in 10 mins or if I close the window before then
    Mayfaire likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

same for me, sounds like it is same for everyone but might change per month or per week?
  3. Caell Augur

DBG's bookkeeper must really not like all the liability on their books of people with their hoards of unspent DBG Cash.
  4. Jyve Augur

Not 100% sure now, but thought I got XP pots showing.
  5. Scila Augur

So here's my thought and I didn't confirm no trade or send to diff toon same acct feature ... l will claim sc from my traders so the pop up with no trade items like what is offered is meh ... if I knew what toon could use what was going to pop up or send it to one of my alts on the same acct even as no trade that would be fine. As it is ... the window will most likely get closed.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I had the xp potion as well.
  7. Cicelee Augur

I had Robe of Quellious. Magician only, no trade/lore/artifact. AC 800, h/m/e 13540/19850/0, hINT 110, SD 255. Focus effect was Increase Pet DPS by 300%, add 4000 AC and 165000 hp to pet, and pet now procs an unresistable 65% slow on mobs. Right click effect of instant 240000 heal to all players and pets within a 25' radius from caster, with a six second recast.

Of course it was required lvl 106...
    Gyurika Godofwar, Silv and Viper1 like this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually I think the logic for it goes more like this. If you spend your DBG cash each time you get it when those spontaneous purchases come up like Big Bags or what not people will be more likely to buy more DBG cash. And the fact that you have to decide to but the discounted item redeem your 500 montly DB dollars makes you that much more likely to buy it. I think this isn't about liability it is just a way to generate more DB cash purchases by getting people to spend their free 500 when they get it.
    Cicelee likes this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

I used to work for a major retailers that sold a side variety of goods. One item we sold was bleach, around $1.19 or so. However the company bought bleach from the manufacturer around $1.25 or so. Which meant every time we sold bleach, we were actually losing money. Sounds dumb, right?

Until you get someone in the store to buy bleach. Then they see toilet paper, Kleenex, cereal, light bulbs, batteries, etc etc etc. Bleach was a loss leader- even though we lost pennies every time we sold it, having it allowed us to sell other goods to the consumer.

I agree with Corwyn, and this is how DBG probably sees it to. Give the consumer a little bit so that they will be enticed to buy more.

That is why you see companies promote their store credit cards, like Best Buy. You have a Best Buy credit card, chances are you are going to use it. Look at coupons. I would never buy a bag of candy during the normal year. But give me 50¢ off a bag and I just may be enticed...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Caell Augur

I think my view ties into what Corwyn said, these discounts get the unspent DBC out of the game so folks have to spend actual money when the Big Bag sales etc. come around. Saved up free DBC is a liability on the books because they don't make money off of it.

I know about loss leaders, and don't think it applies in this case. I was already opening the Marketplace to get the free 500 DBC. Putting up a conveniently discounted to 500 DBC item(s) is an incentive to get folks to immediately use up the reward, so it's not hanging out there unspent. It doesn't draw me into the store to spend as it pops up a second window; so it doesn't encourage me to browse. Not how you entice someone to spend more money.