CT on progression servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elundil, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Elundil New Member

Just saw this in the patchnotes:
    - The Temple of Cazic-Thule will now turn into the Accursed Temple of Cazic-Thule when Planes of Power unlocks.

So will this revert CT back to a 25+ish zone on Agnarr?
  2. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

Looking for a dev response on why this change is happening. The CT revamp took place on March 7th, 2002, which would put it well within the Luclin era (Planes of Power was released October 29, 2002).

Revamp CT makes a lot of sense for Luclin. It's a great place to go with a group, get some AAs, and maybe walk out with some upgrades. By the time PoP is out, the exp/items can't compete with PoP and it'll be an unused ghost town.

So... why?
    Krezzy and Elundil like this.
  3. WhoIsIt New Member

Good question, it might have something to do with the zone continually repopping / bugginess when it was first switching over, it did not work out very well, either way would like to know their reasoning for this.

There would be little reason to actually go back to CT during Planes of Power, really.
  4. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

So, they're essentially removing a zone from the game instead of fixing a bug.

A rather minor bug too, since 99% of the time the zone works fine. I spent quite a bit of time there and I only saw it get bugged back to its old version once.

Talk about overkill. I guess players were just having too much fun finally having a challenging and rewarding dungeon to fight in. Oh well, back to the monotonous GE grind I guess.
  5. Grimble99 New Member

On RF/LJ, CT revamp unlocked with SoV.

For Agnarr, they changed it to SoL

Experience is fairly slow at 60, I guess because the mobs have a little more HP than other SoL zones, however it's mostly dark blue and a few 60's. The raid event, spawned by turning in an item to the Void at the top of the NE temple, gives SoV quality loot. I'm unsure about the AoF ring event. The gnome ring event is not easy - especially when doing it in the open zone with repops - and rewards some nice ear upgrades.

However, not sure I would step foot in the zone during PoP.

I'm unsure why this was revamped to change in PoP.
  6. Elundil New Member

Just checked. The zone is back to the original low level zone, and still have an AoC in it.
  7. WhoIsIt New Member

Any dev care to comment? Why is there still an Agent of Change if they set it back to old version, makes no sense. An oversight I guess, but still why would anyone go to revamped CT in Planes of Power anyways?
    Elundil likes this.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Leveling alts, shield of striding, hunter achievements, tribute, blacksmithing / tailoring skillup material. I think I got around 80 AAs grinding the hunter achievement in CT back in PoP on Phinny, took nearly a week.
  9. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

Usually when you implement a change that makes zero sense you're obligated to explain it a little bit.
  10. Elundil New Member

And I cant find that change in the test server patchnotes.
  11. Vitas New Member

Hard to overstate how disappointed this change makes me. As an avid player with no interest in raiding, CT was challenging and rewarding content for a group of friends. Zone will be near pointless in PoP. Why Daybreak, why.
  12. Tounces7 Journeyman

Yeah the CT change was pretty pointless, and I suspect the result of laziness, not balancing.
    There's only a very small handful of decent items from CT outside of the raid event, and they could have just disabled the raid.
  13. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

Please give it back :(
  14. Zhantoz New Member

*insert WHYYY memes here*

But srsly, da fuq? Bring CTs back plzkthx.
  15. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

The ironic thing is that the AoC is still there so I assume the raid stuff is there.

None of the loot is out of line with Luclin, which makes sense considering the revamp occurred during Luclin. It's not nearly as brokenly out of era as say, putting the late-Velious Chardok revamp in with the beginning of Kunark... which is exactly what happens on TLPs.
  16. Vitas New Member

Exactly, SoL is the perfect time for this revamp to be in-game for grouping fun.
  17. Zipe The Healer

That's a really weird change. Totally senseless.
    There is no way I would go through Shadows of Luclin again without revamped CT. During Luclin, everyone was stacking and having hard time in Griegs End killing stupid and easy mobs. Meanwhile I was having fun in CT, having a challenge with actual hard mobs and camps (compared to GE) and having a chance for really good loot at 4square and temple camp along with Tradeskill materials.
    I won't forget first time I got to temple camp, during Luclin, and set a farm spot inside temple, looking for Disciple and Shield of Striding drops, and pulling from everywhere and expecting trains. And what about 4 square camp? With that AoE with disease counter slow that the snakes were spam casting(and I was getting spammed by the melee to cure the slow).. I was like ... "wtf, using AoE Heals on an exp group".
    Again, there is no way I would go to Coirnav and spend all Luclin exping inside GE.
  18. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I could make arguments for both versions of the zone being available. It really is a good zone before and after the revamp. I'd love to see them fix it so both are available as open world zones when the upgrade goes live. And it does make sense for it to be live with Luclin, but it sounds like there were some issues they couldn't work out right now.
  19. taliefer Augur

just adding my voice to the chant of not understanding this change, especially if the original revamp was done during luclin.
  20. Zhantoz New Member

Could at least use a reasonable explanation from DBG, otherwise it just seems like arbitrary and capricious behavior on their part. Indiscriminately restricting otherwise accessible content that Agnarr players pay good money for is a pretty awful move in my opinion.