CSHOME

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sippycup, May 12, 2022.

1. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

Since the early days of EQ, I've often wondered what this place is like. I saw something on the Web once where the NPC's in this zone were former Guides, Dev's that passed on and you were able to interact with them ? I wondered if one day Sony-Daybreak-Darkpaw would open this up to players so we could learn about the people that are immortalized here.
    An idea for the current Dev's to make this accessible to anyone that wants to visit and pay respects or just explore. Can even make the zone purchasable on marketplace like the wedding chappals ?
  2. zleski Augur

A very long time ago I was a guide and they made us hang out in the Plane of Sky central building (you can't otherwise get to it) after Scars of Velious came out.

I'd be curious to see where the new crop of guides are hanging out.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

cshome is the place guides go to now, or it was when I was a member of the program.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  4. Iven the Lunatic

Which guides ? They are extinct but maybe you will find some rotten bones in Customer Service Home.
  5. Chikkin Augur

I wanted to be a guide, back in my hardcore days.

I either wasn't lucky enough to be picked, or I must have answered something wrong, because my roommate during the 99-Luclin Era never made it to level 50, and he was a guide.

He, like the game, didn't stick with it though, and said something about being a Level 20 test/trainer/new whatever it was called, oh ya Apprentice! Guide wasn't fun.

He logged in, like I think 3-5 times that week, and then said "eh, i'd rather be gaming".

That being said, bring back the guides!

.. and the GMs!

...and the corruption from the "Cool GMs" and the "Terrible GMs" ...

..and the awesome threads and tell-alls posted to the internet!

New TLP Server Idea!

Legends Server TLP -- it won't really be anything special, but we will charge you 40 a month, and you'll have real customer service! (it could work?!?! eh? Who's with me?)
  6. Laronk Augur

There was a lot of restrictions on the guide program, sometimes you would do an event and there'd be very little turnout. It was kinda weird back then because really back then your average player was much more social so eventually I thought to myself why not just play on my main and interact with people on my main, help people with my main.
  7. Stymie Pendragon

I payed for one month on the Legends server when it came out, and I didn't pay for a second month. It really wasn't worth the extra expense to me.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

From what I remember from being a guide you would be very unlikly to see this. There were a lot of NPCs there the guides weren't allowed to interact with, so it would need to be made player safe if they did this and would be come unusable by guides & GMs.

Allakhazam has a little info if you are interested

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?zstrat=467#Comments

If you really want to see it you could always become a guide.They are always looking for new blood.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/guide/index.php?forums/guide-program-faq-and-application.3/
  9. Zanarnar Augur

If you really want to see it, and don't wanna be a guide.. fire up you own em server, do a little googling.. I hear something like cshome.zip will point you in the right direction. You'll need the SQL files too to add the spawns, and any .pl or .lua scripts that go with the zone to enable them to respond to hails/etc but even with just the zone file you can go poking around.
  10. MacDubh TABLES!!!

11. Bardy McFly Augur

[IMG]

There are still hidden gems a lot of players never knew about. :)