CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

Therein lies the problem. Because you are a raider, you already have the gear. The most efficient way for group geared people to get gear/augs/weapons of T2+ value is by doing the missions, not going out and hoping some named mob camp is open for you to camp it.
  2. Ironkeg New Member

I can't speak to group gear. But these missions are very doable in raid gear. I ran through all four missions last night in a raid geared group. It took us an hour and 27 minutes from first kill to last kill. We had one death and that's on me (shaman healer). It helps that some spent five hours plus dying in a particular mission figuring out the mechanics during beta.

I'd like to try the mission with a group geared up in the best ToV and/or CoV gear. To my mind, the right tuning is if a group in the best ToV gear who knows the mechanics can complete all four missions. If you're in the best CoV gear and know the mechanics, a properly tuned mission should be farmable.
    Yendar and Vumad like this.
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

The problem is that, for groupers, the purpose of these missions is as a way to obtain this gear. So tuning the missions for max geared groupers is wrong. They should be tuned for groupers in T2/3 ToV and some CoV gear.

I have not personally attempted most of the missions yet, so I cannot speak to their current level of tuning.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I have yet to see people post strategies for toons in a mix of T3 ToV group/T1 CoV group gear, especially people boxing without using 3rd party software. I've seen some posts about using a fully raid geard tank with other characters in a mix of gear, but if people are beating missions with tanks in ToV group gear, I want to see that information (it's possible some have and I just missed it).

The moment I see any post start out with "six fully raid geared toons", I stop reading because absolutely NOTHING in that post is going to be relevant to group geared players.

If these missions can't be beat by players (with some boxing) in full T3 ToV group gear, then they're overtuned. I'm not talking about steamrolling a mission via dps (like Velk's) or making it easy enough to be on "farm status." I'm talking about just being able to beat the mission, after learning the strats...so it is possible to START gearing up. Expecting people to only be able to gear up via named is nonsense.

I'll give an example of what I mean:
    After a few tries at the Kael mission, my guildmates and I learned the strats/emotes and were able to beat it. Some of us boxed at least 2 toons during these missions. We were in a mix of TBL T2/T3 and ToV T1 group gear. We died a lot. And we had to use Staunch Recovery for the first couple of wins, until we started to gear up in ToV stuff...*VIA THE MISSIONS*. We don't raid, so no raid gear for any of us. We were not in the best gear available, but we were able to learn the strategy and beat the missions so that we COULD gear up, and eventually put everything on farm status.

If the scenario I've described isn't viable for the CoV missions, then they're overtuned. And I don't want to hear another story about raid geared toons, with 6 actual players who don't have to worry about boxing, come in and start spouting their "git gud" nonsense.
  5. KrakenReality Augur

Agreed, leave them as is. It makes the taskadds worth more $$$. I'm very happy with their tuning.
  6. Proximoe Lorekeeper

All of them are a pretty decent challenge. But completely doable. Its probably not ideal missions for boxers and mercs, grab a full group of player and see if it changes your opinion. pretty tank and heal intensive.
    Yendar likes this.
  7. Nizadenn New Member

And people like you are whats wrong with the gaming community
  8. Nizadenn New Member

So all smaller guilds who dont have ideal groups, rely on mercs and dont have much if any raid gear cannot do content? Why raiders care if a mission is easier is beyond me. As a raider myself, I dont know ANYONE in my guild that is like YES!, lets go do missions because they are challenging and fun!. Its more like, lets get these boring missions over with as quick as possible for currency.
    Tallie and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  9. Syylke_EMarr Augur

This is pretty much it exactly. Raiders acting like they care about easy group missions is laughable. We just want to farm our currency. Difficult missions are neat and cool the first 4 or 5 times you do them, but after you've done them 20 or 30 times, that "challenge" gets real tiring real quick.
    Tallie likes this.
  10. KrakenReality Augur

Excuse me?
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Augur

Daybreak had limited content this expansion. Group players are getting the same slow release as raiders except its all about the tuning.

I expect daybreak will retune these missions in a month or two so that the majority of group players can actually complete them. BUT they could be honest about this and upfront with it. I have no doubt this was all planned.

Expansions are no longer large enough to have group content that "sorts out the best from the rest". If the majority of group players cannot complete the group missions then it's a fail since these missions are the main way to gear up.
    Vumad likes this.
  12. Plumbus Journeyman

He said, people like you are what's wrong with the gaming community .
  13. Tappin Augur

They shouldn’t design group content for raiders, unless it’s not required for the group progression and doesn’t give group currency. However, they didn’t design anything for the group game, they more or less copied raid content designed for multiple groups and failed to remove the multiple group mechanics.
  14. JeffHanson Elder

15. KrakenReality Augur

How?
  16. Tucoh Augur

This thread makes me want to play CoV, good to see that players who don't raid have content that gives meaning to the hard work they've put into their characters.

Personally, I'm a big fan of missions having hard modes to create a grouping end-game and normal modes that makes it easy for players to see all the content. The challenge achievements kind of go that direction, but not in a satisfying way because the difficult ones frequently just make the missions super annoying to do instead of challenging in a classic sense.
  17. Vumad Augur

Most efficient? Nothing is particularly efficient about getting raid armor. We go die a whole bunch until we win one time, and then we die again a bunch more times trying to farm it. It took me 6 months to get my armor and a lot of deaths.

There are 53 named camps in CoV to choose from and we have /pick these days. Sorry 1 or 2 of them might be claimed so you have to work on a different piece of armor or help someone get something they need that night.

So sorry, your argument about armor is invalid.

No, it's not. The chest drops 1 visable, 1 non-visable and 1 spell. It's the same as a named.

Additionally, the augs that drop from any chest or named, specifically "Massive Stone of Hsagra", Ethereal Gold Dragon heart" have better stats than the vendor augs. So the currency is not even for getting augs but rather stacking a single heroic stat.

And, last and most importantly, completing the 4 missions gives you Paragon of CoV, which gives you "Velium Composite Scale", which unlocks rank 4 of your progressive ability. Since ranks 2 and 3 are from Partisan of CS and ToV, it is clear that by design that players are intended to be completing a good portion of the solo quests before beating all of the group missions.

So no, these missions are not to obtain gear. These missions are to stack heroic stats and unlock your rank 4 progressive ability.

This is what I am trying to say. Maybe since you run a casual guild it will be more accepted with you saying it.
  18. Vumad Augur

Because you want to exploit people by exploiting the game mechanics.
  19. KrakenReality Augur

What are you even talking about? Exploiting people? Exploiting game mechanics? It's selling a taskadd...
  20. FawnTemplar Augur

Every time you say an argument is "invalid" you make my eye twitch. Please stop. You don't know what an invalid argument is.

[IMG]

Just say you disagree and move on.