Crystallized Precious Velium Ore (type 18 aug TS mat)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Windance Augur

IMHO these are way too rare or broken ATM.

I've spent a fair amount of time in game and have seen three drop since the expansion started and all of those were within the first month of the expansion going live, while named were spawning every cycle.

Since then I've completed hunter & scavenger & TS earring up to the point where I could put in two type 18 augs and a type 19 aug ... and no aug mats.

If anyone has some tips for 'farming' and/or seen them drop I would love to know which zone.
    I normally cycle Kael and GD missions then go farm kael arena area. Normally get 4-5 named a night. Zero Cyrstallized Precious Velium Ore.
    Sancus and Szilent like this.
  2. Paradisic_parasite Elder

They do drop. I've gotten three since the 24h patch, at least one was from Kael.
  3. Windance Augur

What were you killing ? Named? Trash ?
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Never seen one drop. Not worked specifically on Hunters, but I've killed a good amount of named this year.

I've seen the raid ores drop pretty frequently though.

I still say the chests for the missions should have like a 2.5% chance to drop one. So if you ran all 4 missions every day, you would average one every 10 days. Not a great chance, but enough to keep people doing missions when they no longer need the currency.

OR, put the group ore on the currency vendor for 5000 currency or 7500 currency. Something that is pretty hefty, but if you focus on it, you could get one a month from there.
    Thoxsel likes this.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

Missions already have insanely high levels of reward. One hour to beat all four, and you get 4 T3 ores, 4 spells, 100 AA, 16 pieces of other loot, and currency for Type 5 augs. Not to mention achieves, including challenge achieves that give you powerful proc augs.

Compare that with the return you get hunting named in 1 hour. Often you come away with nothing except some AA.

Probably don't need even more incentive to run missions.
  6. Daedly Augur

Bit of a de-rail here, but I have seen nothing powerful coming from the proc aug's. I can only speak for myself, but looking at the parse, it only added about 700dps for my zerker. While I will take what I can get, it has been underwhelming from my point of view.
  7. kizant Augur

Zerkers have a low chance to crit and a small crit damage modifier when they do. Procs are just not as useful thing for them. Luckily, their DPS doesn't need any help.
    Daedly likes this.
  8. Paradisic_parasite Elder

I've only seen them drop from nameds.
  9. Windance Augur

These seem to almost as rare as the ice encrusted ultra rares.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

Eh, I have 26 precious, have seen 0 ice encrusted.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. xxGriff Augur

Just started hunting in ToV but I have gotten x2 precious and x1 Ice encrusted. the Precious ores from Windchill and the Ice Encrusted mask of vigor from a coldain in EW.
  12. Windance Augur

Where were you hunting and when did you get the majority of the 26 precious? Were they from before than Jan patch when named where spawning like crazy?
  13. Elkar Headhunter Elder

I have only seen three of these and they were all within the first two weeks of release. I have not seen one since and I honestly spend more time in game than I should.

I like the idea of group mission currency on these. The chests in these missions are nothing but tribute to me so once I am done with type 5s I don't do them anyways. Putting the ores on the vendor would give me and people like me incentive to keep doing the missions.
  14. Qbert Gallifreyan

I had 17? or 18 from before that patch, as I finished hunter very early on; I don't ever have logs on so I can't give you an exact breakdown. I have gotten 5 in the last week. I normally clear out whatever nameds are up in all the zones when servers come up, if I'm home; beyond that I generally stay in ToFS.

I'd be happy to trade some but I doubt anyone wants to make the move to Brekt :p