Crying already ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Axxius Augur

Maybe they are? There have been good and bad expansions in the past. The fact that we are still here indicates that there is still enough faith in this company's ability to make content that's worth playing.
    Orbital101, Mintalie and Leex like this.
  2. Iila Augur

Or that people are too addicted to quit?

Or that TBM is the 2nd or 3rd "last" chance to put out a good expansion?

If Dzarn had remained fired, I'd have 0 confidence in this team to put out a good expansion. I just really wish I could pay Kronos for expansions, so the upcoming releases didn't cost me actual cash.
  3. Silv Augur

Honestly 0 clue why they haven't done this. #1. *someone* paid for the Krono so DBG got their money. #2. They are at a markup compared to "actual" cash so they get even more b/c you know the xpac would be like... 3 - 4 Krono compared to $35. #3. You get no 10% discount using Krono. #4. You can't charge back a Krono.

The only thing I can think of is that krono aren't officially tied to one particular game so maybe it's harder to track how much money EQ is brining in [lulz]?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mayfaire like this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Agree there silv, it'd be cool to be able to throw kronos at the expansion (based on krono cost vs expansion cost - 7 kronos = super uber expansion?)

Although krono's are money they already have in the bank.... they want new money in the bank.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  5. Riou EQResource

I believe they keep track of where Krono are used, people who only play EQ and have Krono banked don't add any money to EQ's side, it only gets set to a game once used otherwise it's just sitting there.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Interesting .. Where ?
  7. Casidia Augur

People on AB (which is pretty much the Eq playing folks from a whole continent as big as U.S.) have good reason to cry currently. People who watched the stream and had hopes the new team around Holly would put more effort into live servers have good reasons to be unhappy.
    But it's pink bunnies for some folks here, we all get that by now.

qft, Lila usually gets likes here but didn't get any for this LOL. Fine comedy.
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I like Iila posts, but I don't care for Lila posts.
    Iila and Silv like this.
  9. Triconix Augur

The fact that you made a new thread to complain about complainers is the proof I believe you're looking for.

The reason I, and probably lots of us, still play is well beyond having faith in good content in the future or there being good content in the first place.

Personally, I just like the atmosphere the game delivers, not the content within the atmosphere, presently. Don't get me wrong, some of it's pretty good, but a vast majority is lacking creativity, replay-ability, and overall enjoyment.

I like raids that require lots of coordination with lots of people over games which are more individualistic or have minimal coordination with a smaller player turnout. I like fantasy style games more than I like FPS, adventure, sports, survival, etc and EQ was my most favorite since a young age. No other games really captivated me or held my attention longer. Elder scrolls is probably the next one to come to mind, but it's not an MMO (at least not until recently).
    sifonin and Sheex like this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

Honestly man, when we all have libraries of 10943708 beta max copies of The Never Ending Story, we're willing to put up with an obscene amount of crap to keep the format alive so our tapes aren't worthless :(
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Everywhere crying is mentioned.
  12. Zunnoab Augur

Positives do not negate negatives. I will never accept the sweeping nerfs made. I think they were stupid and irritating, and that opinion likely will not change. I acknowledge positives; but that doesn't mean I will hand wave serious mistakes.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Tileena and Iila like this.
  13. Vlerg Augur

Iila clearly did this so nobody send her tells for buffs during raids...
    Iila likes this.
  14. Iila Augur

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar and Zunnoab like this.
  15. booser Journeyman

I have to agree with this. I'm here for lots of hard raiding also. I do enjoy the group content too though. the long drawn out quest. I need plenty to do in my off time with my box alt. TDS wasn't a fail although I think they could have made a few harder group namers. As someone posted before people whine about TDS being too hard but the ones that do don't deserve an opinion. What 90% of most servers still sits in DH calling in general for DH lesson burns. Seriously. TDS wasn't hard people just had to try. Everyone wants a level and an ach for loggin in. Bring on the MOAR raids I say. I just hope that POH and POF are harder than the forums make them out to be.
  16. Gumby Augur

If TDS had at least a few more raids from the different zones it would've been a top notch expansion.

So would've loved to have a giant Dinosaur raid and there being some kind of crazy King of Degmar dwarf raid.

Perhaps a couple T1 raids featuring Siren's and the animals from Brothers.

Overall though it was a nice expansion.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  17. Muji Augur

Everything is a drop in a bucket once you have played the planes of power expansion. Wheres PoP 2.0 at!? Id buy that for a few dollars. Go ahead and try to count up the mini events and raids inside planes of power expansion, might take you 10 min or so to do it. Id take that revamp in a heartbeat!

The amount we got is perfectly fine for the next 6 months. What would be nice is a longer beta to tune or add stuff. Expansions need to be on 6 month cycles with the last 2 months being the beta for the next expansion after.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.