Crying already ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Raynrace Augur

I am still going to hold out on the mount buff being best in game judgment. They stated money wont be what gets us the best items in game so I am going to have faith that there is a NEW EYEPATCH through achievements that is better than the mount. Lets give it some time. You will be able to check the achievements soon enough in beta.

Everyone wants 10 new big zones and 20 new raids etc etc. That takes a lot of time. I would rather have less zones and more content. Lets be honest here, most of us dont have time to raid 3 and 4 nights a week anymore. 2 nights a week (3 or so during breaking them) is a good balance. Marriages are saved and children get to spend more time with parents and we still get to play EQ at the highest level.

As long as the content doesn't match the number of zones I'm good. Time management would suggest they are working more on content candy than visual candy, we will see soon enough.
    Hiladdar, Elricvonclief and Sindaiann like this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Thats prolly more true then I care to admit Min, just having a bad day I guess, and hate to see the game I love bashed by people who all they do is #itch, just to #itch .. an try to sound like they know something, when clearly .. they know nothing..
    Mintalie likes this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

I agreed with all your post sept this ..

Same people I see online all day every day = samepeople claiming not to have time to dedicate to a "raid guild" for the same amount of time they are online playing in other zones.

So I'd say your numbers might be a lil off, Raynrace.
  4. arbre Lorekeeper

Killing Cazic never gets old!
    Now, if only we could actually kill Lanys
    ... or Firiona! Bring back evil faction raids!
    Elricvonclief, Vetplayer and Whulfgar like this.
  5. Triconix Augur

You pretty much said this in another thread, but now you decided to make a whole new thread to continue your rant? SMH

[IMG]
    Sheex likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Heh. You must be new here (I know you're not, it's just a saying.) People here complain about everything.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  7. Xeladom Augur

People even make threads complaining about people complaining.
    Elricvonclief, Imrahil, Ronak and 3 others like this.
  8. Eaiana Augur

My guild kills Firiona all the time in TDS :)
    Elricvonclief, Imrahil, Silv and 7 others like this.
  9. Kiillz Augur

Lol E....well played.
    Eaiana likes this.
  10. Xanathol Augur

This may come as a surprise to you, but not everyone playing EQ cares about what you care about, ex. raids (especially not raids and nothing else). So while you may have been Jonesing for more raids, there's plenty that are indifferent or consider that to only be a portion of what an expansion should be about.

I'm willing to bet that most of the disappointment is in the lack of content. 3/4 new zones (bc one is an alt of the other) and 3 rehashes isn't what one expects in an EQ 'expansion'. While you may not care about that, other people do.
    Sheex likes this.
  11. Voxynn Elder

Then perhaps those people need not act like they are the majority ?

Just saying .
    Kiillz likes this.
  12. Vlorg Augur

Yes and no...

The devs states the new expansion had 15 raids... shortly after 7 of those raid turns out to be stuff in the revamped zone ToV style ( all of CToV could be counted as 1 raid... heck maybe even 2 raid if you put vulak in a separate bracket... but saying RoF had 25 raid at release... 13 of them being CToV dragon... would be misleading representation).

we're actually just getting another TDS-sized expansion with alot of sugar-coating to make it look bigger .
    Hiladdar likes this.
  13. Sindaiann Augur

This is the realest post I have ever read on these forums! I have 4 kids, I can't afford a divorce! hahaha
  14. Silv Augur

Given the amount of low to mid tier guilds upset about the difficulty of TDS raids, I'm sure they are more than happy to count those CToV-style raids as real content. It's highly likely the quality will be at minimum slightly better than Arx so it gives a new option for them. Additionally, if the new expansion is at least TDS-sized then that's saying a lot given all the cuts. I'm not exactly sure what they sugar coated though. And just another note - speculating on the raid quality of Fear/Hate is kindof irrelevant at this point.

They also mentioned there will be group AND raid content in Fear/Hate [which wasn't even the case with CToV] but if people want to act like that's not content, well, that's not the devs' fault. It seems short-sighted to me though.
  15. Vlorg Augur

I'm sure low-tier guild will be happy at a CToV 2.0 (altho, if the difficulty jump from ToV-style to Arx4/5-style... lulz) but that wasn't the point: advertizing a new expac with 15 raid, when half of those will be glorified trash mob ( or vitio-like encounters, wathever) is really pushing it. Yes it is speculation at this point... but 15 unique raids sounds completly unrealistic.
  16. Silv Augur

So... just because the raids aren't as difficult as you'd like they don't count as actual raids? :eek: Arx was only 6 raids since Vitio doesn't count by this logic which makes this xpac better even if we take away the 7 planar raids.

Regardless, it sounds like it is at least comparable to TDS which is probably more than everyone expected.
  17. Bleve Lorekeeper

For the most part, I agree with you - EXCEPT that you are presuming that there won't be an achievement (or two) in The Broken Mirror expansion just like the CotF achievement "Legendary Answerer" that increased the power of both the Swabby's Eyepatch and the Memento of Ungods Suffering. That way your Eyepatch would still be useful...

I for one would LOVE to see the devs have an /ach or two like that in TBM, or even a quest arc to increase the power of it. Honestly we need to see more achievements that take old items that were super exciting when they came out and by now are just ho-hum and have a quest to boost the item to the point of being relevant again. (think: Kiss of Erollisi Marr. When I first got that item, it was a huge boost of mana, now it barely make my mana pool bar move :( )
    Seyrah likes this.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

I'd pay money just to avoid guarding her high gimpness for a while.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  19. Casidia Augur

And they should make content again that is worth playing, lol unbelievable.
    Just send them money to their bank account, where you even still see Everquest in this masquerade is beyond me.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

As much as people go overboard on complaining at times so did the OP. So pot kettle shake.
    complexication likes this.