Crying already ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Whulfgar Augur

How can anyone even cry about DOUBLED amount of raids ? (TDS all everyone said was MOAR RAIDS .. MOAR RAIDS ..)

They give you DOUBLED raids .. you itch because "oh they are rehashed raids" Plane of War was a complete and utter copy / paste from SoD Brother's Zek , and 6 MONTHS LATER .. 3 guilds beat it and commented how awesome it was !!

How can anyone cry about the cost of the expansion ? (Are they FORCING you guys to purchase the 139.99 version of the game ?)

Stop crying before the product is even at LEAST in Beta .. I mean really guys we should ALL VERY WELL BE HAPPY .. that EQ is still around in the first place ..

Not itching / moaning about every single thing .. You wanted more raids, THEY GAVE US MOAR RAIDS ..

You guys wanted Illusion keyrings .. THEY GAVE THEM TO US ! !

To be 100% completely honest with everyone here, I'm surprised You guys are not crying about how hard TBM is YET ... the way your all acting ..
  2. Silv Augur

While I agree with most of what you said [really excited about Hate/Fear!]- locking the best stat mount in game behind 140$ is so borderline on 'selling power' that it's kindof obnoxious IMO. The buff is better than Gunthak which takes a lot of work to do; it kindof trivializes something that is still in era. So more or less, you're paying to skip doing a long string of missions/quests.
  3. Kiillz Augur

THIS SQUARED..that is all.
  4. Riou EQResource

I wouldn't be surprised if Alternate Skins of that model with same buff and that joined marketplace though. Mercenary and Illusion probably as well.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

And that is something that is understandable. However anyone can get the 140 dollar choice, even if you have to save up for 9-10 months starting NOW .. you will hit the TBM expansion in roughly 6-7 month time frame and BAM guess what ..

You now are the proud owner of that Best in game mount, because you saved up ..

I've preordered this expansion on 8 toons (6 of which were mine) and 2 for friends of mine, and I am soo friggen excited / happy that I get Pissed, when I see people itching .. about absolutely no logical thing (as of this time frame)

Hence my thread I started.
  6. Axxius Augur

While technically it is selling power, it's such a tiny amount of power that doesn't make any difference in today's EQ. I wouldn't worry about it.

Daybreak should have just named the $140 thing a Supporter Pack. Which is what it really is. Most games on the market today sell those. People buy them to support the game they like, not for the token rewards they offer. This team is moving in the right direction, but they are still thinking they need to offer a practical benefit for the donation. Which they don't. They should sell things like forum/in-game titles instead - a very common practice these days. And a limited number of super expensive 'Platinum/Diamond/Sparkalicious Supporter Packs' that let the supporters name 1 item, spell or NPC. Those would sell like hot cakes. And imagine how much time it would save for Aristo! :D
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

The Plane of War rehashed raid was not part of the CotF package. It was bonus content for everybody, regardless of expansion purchase. It was not included in the expansion raid count as an attempt to boost numbers and look more appealing so that we would want to buy that expansion. That is what they're doing with Plane of Hate and Fear. They are banking on your nostalgia here, just as they do with TLP.
  8. Silv Augur

Good point. I had in my mind it was just available for the pre-order period but if it's in the 'upgrade to whatever' in the marketplace later it's not so bad. I still plan to get it right away but the principle behind it kindof leaves a bitter sentiment. Maybe there will be a new item in the expansion that replaces Gunthak and will be superior to the mount.

I think some people are starting to absorb some of the TLP forum crazy. :p

You just made my day. Thank you.
  9. Repthor Augur

imagin how many sex joke items there whould be Praturn whould be so happy
  10. Axxius Augur

The point is not that PoW was a bonus content, but that people are knocking the revamped Fear/Hate raids before seeing them. Not all revamps are created equal. ;)

If CT 2.0 or Inny 2.0 3.0 is anything like PoW (or ToV 2.0 Vulak) - who is going to care that it's a revamp?
  11. micker305 New Member

This appears to be a 'campaign' that morphed into an 'expansion' so they could charge for it. When TDS was released, it was advertised with:

• New Spells, AAs, and Items for Level 105
    This TBM sez new spells and aa. As such, the live cast really spoke to no details, except cats, but I'm more interested in the traditional EQ expansions including group content, group items/augments/chase, spells.
    Nothing in the live cast, or the post TBM announcements, indicates there is anything new to progress existing group oriented characters.
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

BAM ..
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Pay to get powerful has been in EQ since LoN came into Being ..

Or .. has everyone already forgotten about LoN since its stopped being supported ?
  14. Silv Augur

Yep, they didn't say anything at all. Certainly nothing like doing quests to power up really intense class specific spells. They definitely didn't talk about there being group content in the new Hate/Fear either.

I could go on... :rolleyes:
  15. Raptour_MT Elder

The mount buff is only slightly better than Gunthak's Grit II & Gunthak's Fortitude II. Which can be gotten in game for free at the moment. Mount buffs don't stack with this

If people are going to get bent out of shape for 2 more mana regen, 200 more HP's and 200 less AC then they need to use that $140.00 and find themselves a good therapist.
    Kiillz and Whulfgar like this.
  16. Utaerx Elder

Seriously. How many raiding guilds have folded since TDS came out, because of lack of content? How many previously great guilds needed to start boxing alts because they couldn't fill raid rosters due to mass retirements and lagging attendance? Now we will have enough raids to keep even top guilds on farm mode busy for more than a single night, and PoHate and PoFear will likely be accessible enough to at least somewhat repair the damage to the mid-tier that TDS wrought. Who the hell cares that some of them are revamps? I don't think people complaining about this realize how badly the raid scene would have further deteriorated if we just got another 7 "new" raids for the next 12 months. If, given the reduced staff, revamps are what is necessary to make enough raid content every expansion to keep raiding alive in EQ, then I will gladly go back and do Plane of Time 2.0, or whatever it may be.
    Tileena likes this.
  17. Viper1 Augur

When you're an mmo forum crybaby, you cry on forums, it's what you do. When you want to save 15% on car insurance, you switch to geico.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

/cheer Agreed 1,000% HERE HERE !!
    Sindaiann and Kiillz like this.
  19. Vlorg Augur

Fairly sure we are waaay past the 2.0 mark on CT by now...

Classic, Classic PoFear revamp, PoTime, HoT, RoF and now this...
    Silv likes this.
  20. Mintalie Augur

... or 15% on your heal parse.* ;)

In all seriousness, I agree with the OP, however, the OP needs to realize that the vocal minority are always the crybabies. It sucks but it's life. I, for one, am extremely excited about the new expansion and really have nothing to complain about. Come on, Beta!

*sorry, inside joke, couldn't resist
    Elricvonclief, Sancus, RPoo and 2 others like this.