Cross Server Recruitment Spam

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Malpheroth, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Malpheroth Elder

I had not realized this was an issue until today when while playing on Aradune an individual named Xegony.Griefpk began spamming a recruitment message for the guild "In Good Company." Why am I receiving recruitment spam from a server that I don't even play on? I was assured in general chat that this is not a reportable offense. It doesn't stretch the imagination to visualize what would happen if the thousand or more guilds across all servers began spamming guild recruitment messages across all servers on a daily basis.
  2. jeskola pheerie

There are maybe 150 to 300 EQ guilds across all servers, not counting people's personal box guilds, dead guilds, etc., and that number range is probably very generous.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well what you were told in general chat is wrong. you can click report as spam so it is an offense

You can put them on ignore if they keep it up.

It usually doesn't last long and they move on.
  4. Warpeace Augur

You can literally click and report as spam anyone's comments in general chat....just because you can do it does not make it an offense.

Sure you can mark them as spam or ignore.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok let me fully explain my post.

Spam is not allowed in the game.

See TOS "transmit any kind of unsolicited advertising , promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” or any other form of solicitation."

They are soliciting for their guild. It was not asked for so it is "unsolicited"

Therefore it is an offense.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Have fun with that. Thats going to the extreme, but whatever.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Cross Server Recruitment, sale of items, or anything are not in and of themselves spam. I think they are stupid, but they are not something that anyone needs to be punished for doing unless they are sending the messages so often that it makes it difficult for people to carry on a normal conversation.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You can use the ignore feature.

This whining about some rando recruiting from another server is a pretty low rent complaint when you have the tools available to deal with the annoyance yourself.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Have to disagree.

While folks have the right to cross server recruit it should have some limits. The individual in question started spouting recruiting spam on Xegony and some days his spam would be repeated in as little as 20 minutes. For a while every 30 minutes was normal so I suspect the cross server stuff gets as bad.

Yeah ignore can hide the problem but it doesn't solve it. Some folks have no regard for others when achieving their goals. This same guy boxes 30+ toons and has been trying to start a raid guild for years. I suspect to help gear up his bots.

I dunno.... I think ignoring things in chat channels just allows things to degrade even further so saying just use ignore is lazy and will just make things worse in the long run if these things get normalized.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You can also file /reports if its really incessant, like I said the tools are already there if you want to deal with the problem.