Critique of Coirnav TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by vidrik1, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Green_Mage Augur

Nah their probably cheating. I honestly don't care, I don't want anyone 6 boxing peroid. It's lame and disruptive to gameplay and no one likes it save for those that do it.
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

All I can think about when I read your comments:
  3. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

This is easily one of the best threads. This and the one of the creep shots of people posting pics of those horrible BOXERS! OMG! A GROUP! They have the same make up as a group of real players, but somehow THIS SINGLE GROUP HURTS ME MORE BECAUSE THE FEE FEES.

You all need to grow up if you cry about seeing 6 players being boxed. Seriously. Grow up. "Wahhhhh that bad man has more tings den me wahhhhhh. Thats not fair! Thats not CLASSIC! I want to solo in EQ not have to group, why isn't everything easier for meeeee"

Thats all. Have fun :)
  4. vidrik1 Journeyman

Reading your post makes me think of those lonely, hourly, call-center drones that throw up their hands and complain to the air when they get a caller that gives them something to actually troubleshoot and then they are required to work whilst they proceed to mock them with the phone on mute.

News for you: Nobody around you wants to engage with you over your pains or let alone care about your feelz brah!

So, I really am not sure who this was directed at, maybe just God...and the eternal abyss you stare into every day when your phone starts ringing rife with cold calls and warm transfers.

So there's some "I hate boxers..ban them..." blah blah. Point of my post was to shine a light on how a whole server - Coirnav - is devoted to a niche group of guilds and certain play-style - mainly grouped DPS power leveling to end boss gonna get their first, been up for days and gonna ZERG out with my level 10s and explode from too many Redbulls!! ARRG!

These people are mainly WoW crossovers who want to turn EQ into a Wow version of the same and get their name on a list of "FIRST TO HIT LEVEL 50!" notable mentions and of course "Muh PVP!" "Muh POWER LEVEL!" "MUH CAMP KRONOS CUZ I HAVE NO REAL JOB!!"

On another note: multiboxing is great fun. Just seems redundant to force a so-called "truebox style" to be played on multiple computers when everyone uses communication software and controls all 5 laptops from 1 central computer. Kinda defeats the purpose...wouldn't you say?

Oh and BTW: these people ARE NOT SKILLED AT PLAYING 6 PCs simultaneously! It impossible without software! I just LOLed so hard when I read that I almost fell out of my chair! ROTFL!:p

Classic EQ Server Yes!
  5. vidrik1 Journeyman

PVP was the mainstay for games like: Shadowbane, Dark Age of Camelot, and Warhammer Online. Have you checked into them to see how they are doing nowadays?
  6. vidrik1 Journeyman

Cheating isn't possible when multiboxing - the issue is where and how. You could just as well be playing next to your 5 twin sisters who happen to hit their spell at the same time. How is that cheating?
  7. Mwapo Augur

I need more of this thread, please don't delete it. I want something to read between classes tomorrow. This is shaping up to be close to as good as some of the ragefire rotation threads.
  8. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

HAHA! Yes, he monitors this thread like a hawk. Well bless you for giving me such a gift. You projected so hard, I could practically see your life flash before my eyes. The tears, the sadness, all of it. Since you sound so mad, just to add a tiny bit of salt.. I make 65$ an hour as an Angular JS dev. My giant house is paid off, my wife is smoking hot, and I 6 box on here to make people like you cry.

I want you to honestly know, deep down inside, that I am better than you.

Have a blessed day :)
  9. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

Also, do you know what a "wired numberpad" is? Do you know that you can arrange them to have 4 of them in front of two sets of mice and keyboards?

Hahaha. Actually, no, nevermind. I don't do that. I USE FANCY SOFTWARE THAT AUTO PLAYS MY CHARACTERS! JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER BADMAN BOXERS OUT THERE! GRRRR IT GETS MY BLOOD BOILIN', THIS AINT CLASSIC! THIS IS CHEATIN'
  10. Wazzat New Member

I disagree. But I could see where some users would prefer that. I want to experience the game from the beginning. I could see where some people *cough* let's call them the younger crowd, would prefer to jump to the end game.. But they have an option to facilitate that already to allow a user to purchase Level 85.
  11. Telvanus Journeyman

This thread reminds me of that NBAer who plays for the Cavaliers that said humans 3 times the size of dinosaurs used to keep dino's as pets and that is how we started keeping dogs as pets.

Or the flat earth society that thinks the earth is really flat and there is a conspiracy to keep it quiet.

People these days just have no compunction about letting their ridiculousness show.
  12. Lantherion Elder

To be honest i can't wait to see this forum once the xp bonus is removed lol.
    andross77 and Coder Joe like this.
  13. Morbid Journeyman

Please present your evidence of this happening, with citations.
  14. Dahaman Augur

I am a soloer. I have soloed in EQ and WOW. This question is easy to answer.

EQ has a MUCH better character development system than WOW. There is a worthwhile journey to max level. There are so many options of what you can do as you level. People can play blissfully without ever hitting max level for years. I'm one of those people.

In WOW, leveling up gives you practically everything. Leveling up is the only thing to really do until end game, with the max of two trade skills the exception. It's really only the end game in WOW that has character (equipment!) development.
    Risiko likes this.
  15. vidrik1 Journeyman

Thank you!

I was almost buying into your life-story until I read the part about "smoking hot wife". This is obviously the life-style you fantasize about and wish you had while you play EQ late at night...a truly sad sad Panda you are! Sorry brah, but no Angular JS Devs make that much, not even on the high end. LOL!

Nah, you're just a 30-something, unemployed Krono farmer that lives in his parents basement and pulls out Kikko the robot companion for company once in a while. Heck, you probably even let "her" use one of your fancy "$65/hour" 6 truebox number pads when she is behaving and being a good girl.

God Bless!
  16. ClanDarkPaw New Member

You can say that you are going to talk about apples but then talk about hand grenades but it still does not change the fact that you are actually talking about hand grenades and not apples. This so called "critique" as you like to put it is really a bunch of wild and crazy accusations and assumptions or at least that is how you put them in your discussion.

A critique would have been: The servers were not up on time as you posted they would be but it appeared that some people were able to get in even though it showed the servers were not available. If this is the case it would be nice if this potential bug could be investigated to prevent it from occurring in the future. You see this is what a logical person would have done with a real critique but instead you went off on some wild and crazy accusations that would make even some of the most mentally unstable individuals scratch their heads and wonder what kind of meds you are on or should be taking. If this is how you think in every day life I don't know how you manage to tie your shoes without coming up with some kind of conspiracy that shoe laces are designed to keep your feet tied down so you can work longer for the man instead of keeping your shoes on your feet.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Uh, huh. Keep banging that drum, buddy.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

That wasn't my experience on Phinny. I saw lots of boxers from day 1. Different experiences, I guess.

Edit: It is likely that a bunch of these boxers are temporarily coming over from Phinny and other servers. Phinny is just finishing DoDH so people are probably bored over there until PoR comes out (also boring). I wasn't going to play on Corinav but friends convinced me to. I doubt I'll stay long.
  19. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

Easily the best thread. Not all of us know what cold calls, warm calls, kikko robots are. Some of us only played 1 mmo and still enjoy playing that one today, on a bigger scale. Makes us feel like kids again. Some of us aren't poor. Some of us have social skills and actually tried to compete in the real world as much as others did in the virtual world. The references you make are obscure, and very "4chan"y.. So I'm drawing some big conclusions that you probably haven't taken your meds lately.

I'm glad you have graced us with your post here. While some think its funny, I am very concerned with the 6 minute FAST PASSES on server launches. I know there's entire GUILDS that got rusty weapons before I could log on. Now that isn't fair, no matter how you look at it.

Again, I live a better life than you, and there's no amount of hot pockets, pizza rolls, and funny internet references that can change that. Never forget your place. And that's right beneath the main floor in your parents house. You, your anime wall posters, all of it. Right where it belongs. Perfect!

Please, come up with something soul crushing as a response, this thread is what I need
  20. Morbid Journeyman

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.