Crashing once a day since 22/12/13

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tarrin, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Tarrin Augur

I have been crashing at least once a day since this past Sunday ( 22/12/13 ). Sometimes multiple times a day.

This has happened in multiple zones ( Tainted West Karana, Plane of Knowledge, Grand Guild Hall and more, these just come to mind )

Happened while doing multiple things. To name a few I remember:
    -Porting into Tainted West Karana while boxing.
    -Sitting idle in Grand Guild Hall
    -Inspecting the various quest rewards from the Frostfell :Open Gift ( not sure if I have the name right here..the Frostfell "task" where Santug gives you a gift, you open it, and you get to pick a few different rewards ).

Things I have done on my end:
    -Reset the computer multiple times to ensure running the computer for too long wasn't the reason.
    -Used the "Validate Game Assets" function within the Launcher.

Anyone else crashing lately?
  2. Tarrin Augur

This continues to happen.
    -Happened in HoF2 raid, before triggering event.
    -Happened in Chelsith mission.
    -Running through bazaar on bazaar bot. Not isolated to just one character.
  3. Pirouette Augur

I've been crashing almost nonstop as well, it's quite irritating. Same timeframe as you, but the last time I played before Double EXP was a few months ago and quit temporarily when school started up. I was definitely not having these problems in the summer. I'm playing on the same system but in September I had to replace my Radeon 6850 with a Geforce GT 660.

-Porting to PoK
    -3 crashes in a row after returning while my characters were idle all night in Guild Lobby
    -Secondary recall (Umbral Plains)
    -Zoning into Guild Hall
    -Zoning into Great Divide

I can't really narrow down specific zones since some of them are completely random and really old (like UP and GD). Sometimes I get the pop-up window from EverQuest telling me to send my data, in which case I've DEFINITELY crashed, but other times I get a message saying Microsoft Visual Studio C++ blah blah crashed in which case if I don't hit "ok" then I can ignore it and keep playing lol...

I'm almost always 3boxing, but I've experienced it even with one account open.

-AMD Athlon II x4 645
    -Geforce GT 660

When I'm playing I generally have Skype, Trillian, Steam, LOL Replay, Google Chrome with 3 tabs open. That hasn't changed since I last played crash-free. Don't experience problems in any other application under the same circumstances, but I'll try cutting down on system usage and report back in if that helps.
  4. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

I have been crashing since the expansion release. I petitioned and all they can suggest is to re-install the runtime libraries, which I have done multiple times. I even re-installed EQ. It still crashes. My only temporary fix is disabling my anti-virus software while gaming (I'm running Avast). Once it's disabled during game play, it doesn't crash.

It never crashed on me prior to the last expansion. =/
  5. Pirouette Augur

I tried a few fixes suggested by other players in these forums like deleting some launcher files etc. Haven't had a crash on me since Monday so was thinking I was clean. Just now crashed on all 3 accounts after using Circle of Alra. Blah...

For the sake of trying, can you tell me how to reinstall the runtime libraries? I doubt it'll help, but worth a shot.

I run Avira. I don't really like the idea of disabling my antivirus though...
  6. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Go into your Install/Uninstall panel and uninstall the runtime libraries. Then go to this link here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347

Hope it helps.
  7. Sarkaukar Augur

What version of Avira are you running (Help and just antivirus or one of the suites?)
    With Avira, had there been any recent updates other than definitions?
    Have you excluded EQ directory/subdirectories from being actively scanned?
  8. Pirouette Augur

Looks like I have some 10-15 Microsoft Visual C++ installs from all the steam games I've added. Are those the runtime libraries? Thanks again!

Just running the free antivirus (non-trial). Not sure on the updates, I looked through my update log but I have no idea how to tell the difference. Since reading your post I have added the directories/subdirectories as well as the process eqgame.exe as an exclusion for the real-time protection scanner (phew that took forever...EQ has a lot of directories...). Although, looking at my report logs, it only seems to scan once a week so I'm not sure that's my problem.