Crashing no reason

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Homeless, May 8, 2019.

1. Homeless New Member

Some of my toons are crashing for no reason. eqgame.exe issue. i reinstalled eq and still happening when trying to zone into guild hall. now my sk return home button wont pop and everytime i try to log her in it boots me to desktop. are guild halls broken?
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

There is something wrong. In my case, the SSD was broken.
  3. Nifty Slacker Augur

The small guild hall crashes the game often. It happens to other people too, but I don't think daybreak has acknowledged the issue.
  4. Ruggar Lorekeeper

I was having the exact same issue the other day and the only way I could fix it was by deleting the UI_CharcterName_server.ini (pretty sure this is it I am at work) from my EQ directory and setting up my UI.

The night before I had added a new chat window into my UI and setup filters. I guess when it saved it to the file the data got corrupted.
  5. Chazblueangel New Member

No, the small guild halls are definitely crashing. Dude reinstalled eq entirely and still didn't affect the problem. I don't think it has anything to do with ini files. It happens on all my toons all the time bc I don't have a ggh.
    I didn't know Daybreak hadn't even admitted the issue publicly. (Can we get some accountability please?)
    This really needs to be addressed asap, ideally in the next patch. Man is that wishful thinking.
    It does not happen every time. Sometimes it generates the instance normally.
    Surely they know about this internally.
    Personally, I'm effin tired of it. When it happens I find it's quicker to restart my entire computer than wait for server select, no matter what I'm doing. It's eqinterruptus, and everyone knows how much that sucks~
  6. SagePlayer New Member

Heyl Chaz! That is what is going on with me too. I ran the repair in the uninstall program and I logged in once and then it crashed when I logged out. I'm out of ideas for the moment.