Crashing Constantly? Potential Fix Found

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qulas, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Qulas Augur

I can not promise that this will fix your problem, but I can tell you that it fixed mine. I would crash every time zoning into Pillars of Alra, The Bazzar, or Valley of Lunanyn, Field of Scale and I've been running around now for quite some time without any crashing so far.

1. In the game patcher, go into Game Configuration and turn OFF Mip Mapping, and Texture Caching
  2. Culan Journeyman

I am getting this same crashing. It normally occurs after being logged in awhile and then zoning.
  3. Bauer Augur

I also heard taking off your 8 armor pieces and primary/secondary items helps fix crashing too. If that works, try to 'crash' again, but only take off 7 pieces of armor....keep playing detective like this until you figure out which armor/pri/sec is not playing nice with your zoning.
    hth
  4. Malbro Augur

Easiest fix for me was: alt O - display tab - advanced button - memory usage - change to least memory used.
    Dzarn and Cakvala like this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I tried all of the memory usage options, none made a difference. Changing it to "Least memory used" is extremely annoying when you zone as well. I'll be trying Qulas suggestion this evening and run over to the Valley of Everlasting Crashes to get to Sep.
  6. WarSheol Augur

The official suggestion after trying every thing else since those newer zones push a lot of data to your memory was to /camp all the way out then log back in, will clear all unneeded junk that was in the memory,

once EQs client reaches 2GB Bam crash, might sound like a lot of work but will give you the maximume ammount of the 2gb startin before you zone. :cool:
  7. Qulas Augur

Turn off Mip Mapping, it's worked for almost everyone I've suggested it to.
  8. Xiaoyu Journeyman

Didn't work