Crash at server screen possible fix.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Numzan, May 18, 2018.

1. Numzan Augur

I was able to return back to normal after deleting one key file.
    I thought how could i be crashing at the splash screen, to character select, then looked at the file dates etc...

EQGraphicsDX9.dll Old date was 2012

Removed and then verified files. Replaced with 2018 file.

Fixed, able to log in without the splash screen lockup. Give it a try.
  2. Imak Augur

Title "crash at server screen"
    post "crashing at splash screen to character select"

Which? or both?

I have been having zero problems whatsoever logging in, choosing a server, and choosing a character. Never crash. Ever. I have suddenly started crashing with crazy regularity when using /camp to return to the character select screen. Crashes on me all.the.damn.time.

Will update the file regardless, and see if it rectifies my problem.
  3. Numzan Augur

post "crashing at splash screen to character select"

Your correct, now once i deleted it, verified it brought in new one it worked right away. Camped and closed it out stopped working. Going to re look at this again.

Btw doesnt allow me to change the title.
  4. Imak Augur

My own issue was confirmed to be LavishSoft's EQPlayNice causing the client crashes. I popped over to Lavish's Discord channel seeking information and learned that Lax had the fix in place late yesterday. I haven't crashed at all so far today. /crossFingers

I hadn't yet got around to updating the directX .dll.
  5. Kolane New Member

I am having the same issues as Numzan. My game freezes from Login to Character Select screen and the only way to clear the problem is reset the whole computer. I tired replaying the file
    EQGraphicsDX9.dll as Numzan suggested and then doing a file verification but it still does not work and I am unable to make it to the Character Select screen.