Crane Stance

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sarayu, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Sarayu Journeyman

So, last couple days/weeks, I've been asking specifically about how to improve my Crane Stance. Most of the information I got was mildly helpful, but the question is still out there. How do I reach the elusive 1mil Crane kick? Since Crane Stance is pretty much how we pad the meters on short duration fights (and long to an extent), this missing damage is pretty important.

Standard kicks (solo) I'm getting are 600k at the max end. I really don't see ADPS adding 400k. Some monks have even boasted about getting 800k solo, but I seriously don't see how.

I still haven't run a final check with full buffs and ADPS (I get to about 8000 attack, 330 hStr [worthless, but more for testing] with buffs).

Solo:
    Circle of Power III
    Drunken Monkey Rk. III Kick Buff
    Five Rings Fist Technique
    Infusion of Thunder
    Zan Fi Whistle
    Second Spire
    Shadewalker's Synergy Rk. II Debuff
    Glyph of the Cataclsym (I don't have 7th yet)
    Ironfist Discipline Rk. III
    Crane Stance Rk. III

I checked ten hours of kicks (60 kicks) and just above 300k x2 is as high as I can go. What am I missing, what can be trimmed?

Note: Only asking about in the solo setting. I realize I can add Shaman, Berserker, Ranger, Beastlord, Bard, Rogue debuff. If I maximize in a solo setting first, everything in a group setting relies on coordination and the random number generator.

Any help is appreciated.

~Sarayu
    Tunare
  2. Zahrym Augur

How about this, instead of pointing out what your missing why don't you compare the modifications you're getting from the buffs listed then go over what would be added from other classes?

GL
  3. Tanecho Augur

I may be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen crane stance crit. This removes the need for circle of power and glyph of the cataclysm. Five Rings Fist Technique is an additional kick final proc, not a modification to existing kicks. Second spire is going to make it hit for 37 more points of damage, an increase of about .01% in its damage, so it is not necessary here. Drunken monkey/Zan Fi are similar drops in the bucket, at about .1%.

I personally have not seen better than twin 310ks. The setup for that is simply Ironfist + Shadewalker's + Crane, with applicable debuffs on the mob. If a million damage is possible, I too would like to know how but I'm not sure I believe it.
  4. Rasputyn Elder

There is no crane kick for a million. What I said was, for short burns we're at the mercy of the RNG because we have up to about a million damage tied up in crane kick+BP+synergy.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Trazz New Member

Ok.. What happened to Crane Stance? Or is it just me?
  6. Maereax Augur

Can you post the actual lines from your logs of your cranes?
  7. Zahrym Augur

Draw him an mspaint picture, it will go over well.
  8. silku Augur

I took a screenshot of my monk doing the crane thing.

[IMG]
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Where's Mr. Miyagi?!?!
    silku likes this.