Fixed Internally crafting bonus not working in perk?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dartaniun, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Dartaniun Augur

Either the description in the perk is worded vaguely or the perk isn't working at all. Doing about 45 different combines of different tradeskills and different trivial levels I saw 0 skillups from the bonus.

Saw in my window "Your merchant's Perk Allowed You To Increase Your Skill" 13 times on both successful and failed combines but none of those combines resulted in an actual skill increase.

So either it's not working properly or the perk description is vague and you only have a 10% chance of getting that message on a combine. Some clarification here would be greatly appreciated. I see there's already a thread about the exp perk not working properly as well, so i'm leaning towards this one not working as intended
  2. Rovguy Journeyman

3. Jakezerni New Member

The way it's working for me, I'll get periodic "You have become better at" messages that show my skill increasing. Maybe about 10% of the time, one of those messages is followed by "Your merchant's Perk Allowed You To Increase Your Skill." How I'm interpreting that is that, whenever the second message appears, the perk is the reason I got the "You have become better" message in that case.
  4. Derpfest Journeyman

I'm getting "Your merchant's Perk Allowed You To Increase Your Skill." messages without getting any skill up at that time. It seems like we should be getting skill ups whenever that message appears, but we are not getting them.
  5. Serish New Member

Confirm this as well. Received the message the perk advanced the skill but no change.
  6. KeeTraxx New Member

can confirm. yes I specifically bought the Merchant's Perk for this.
  7. KeeTraxx New Member

[IMG]

The message is generated, but there is no skill up.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Would it happen to be giving you a skill point in the background just without the typical skillup message? Maybe the perk one replaced it, but it really just needs to have a display added as to what the current skill level is like the classic message.
  9. Derpfest Journeyman

Code:
    [Thu Oct 21 18:53:27 2021] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Unfired Casserole Dish.
    [Thu Oct 21 18:53:30 2021] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Unfired Casserole Dish.
    [Thu Oct 21 18:53:33 2021] You have become better at Pottery! (196)
    [Thu Oct 21 18:53:33 2021] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Unfired Casserole Dish.
    [Thu Oct 21 18:53:36 2021] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Unfired Casserole Dish.
    [Thu Oct 21 18:54:03 2021] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Unfired Casserole Dish.
    [Thu Oct 21 18:54:06 2021] Your Merchant's Perk allowed you to increase your skill.
    [Thu Oct 21 18:54:06 2021] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Unfired Casserole Dish.
    [Thu Oct 21 18:54:09 2021] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Unfired Casserole Dish.
    [Thu Oct 21 18:54:12 2021] You lacked the skills to fashion Unfired Casserole Dish.
    [Thu Oct 21 18:54:12 2021] Your Merchant's Perk allowed you to increase your skill.
    [Thu Oct 21 18:54:15 2021] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Unfired Casserole Dish.
    [Thu Oct 21 18:54:27 2021] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Unfired Casserole Dish.
    [Thu Oct 21 18:54:30 2021] You have become better at Pottery! (197)

10. Tacobelle Rivervale Metro Police GM

I've noticed when crafting below 140ish skill, I've seen skillup messages along side the 'Your Merchant's Perk' message. Once I'm over 140ish the messages come without skillups.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

They really should have turned perks on for 1-2 months for ALL paid accounts, to let people get a taste to try and convince more to buy, and to also figure out all these bugs before people paid for them.
    Kooper and Tweakfour17 like this.
  12. Alpha_Ragefire Lorekeeper

Same here. Message yes, skill increase no.
  13. KeeTraxx New Member

Still happening on LIVE as of this post
  14. Kooper New Member

Still happening on Mangler too
  15. Linasu23 New Member

This is happening on Aradune as well. Was working on Pottery and would get regular skill up messages, but then when the perk fires there is no skill up. I did 200 combines and got the perk message 9 times without a skill up and I got 11 regular skill ups.
    Durkadurkastan likes this.