Crafted Items for pet classes behaveing Diffrently

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Repthor, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Repthor Augur

So i made some Chronomagic Axe´s for my mage pet. and they added some dmg to my pet

So i went ahead and made some for my Bst to just cuz why not. Bst pet dont seem to be effected by the Dmg/delay of the weapons i give him regardless what weapons i give him his dmg remain the same. i tested him without armor and without weapons , and only base self buffs. to get a base value then i tested to give him Chronomagic Axe x 2 his dmg remained the same. so after that i made a pair of Blade of Ethernal Tempering just to see if it just ignored the pally/shad weapons but no, dmg remained the same. worth noteing is my bst have EM 18 (group focus from Chrypt of Sul). also worth noteing is the pet is procing the weapon procs just fine. Made him a full set of Dimensional Warrior gear and his dmg went up quite a bit

So my Q:n is is it intended for the bst pet to ignore the weapon dmg of the weapons you give him
  2. Brohg Augur

Yes
  3. Repthor Augur

do you happen to know the reason ?
  4. Brohg Augur

I'm not a developer, so this is just a guess, but : because that would be busted as
  5. Missiny Journeyman

Working as intended. Somewhere on the Mage-forums you can find the description how it works. Out of memory it's something like this: Delay had never and does not make any effect. Damage does have effect, but only if damage on weapon is bigger than the "base-damage" of the pet itself. Ages ago there was a weapon with very hight damage/delay. It was explicit flagged to be not usable for pets, to avoid them using it.
    That's the reason why mage summoned weapons at higher lvl manly improve in the damage-proc.
  6. Repthor Augur

so your saying bst pets have more base dmg and this is why. hmm thats not my observation at all parseing it out its the other way around

Chronomagic Axe this is a 208/36 dmg Pal/Shad weapon crafted. my mage pets dmg went up by useing them. my bst pets wile equiping them his dmg dident go up at all. they both proced the proc of the weapon.
  7. RangerGuy Augur

Wouldnt surprise me at all if some coding allowed mage pets to benefit from weapon damage but other pets were not.
  8. Khauruk Augur

There really aren't any 1h weapons that will improve swing damage on pets that I'm aware of. The base damage in the damage tables is just too high. You can get a bonus from the pets using high damage old 2 handers, but once they dual weild (late 20s for bst pet now I think, maybe first pet in the 30s) they won't equip 2 handers.

1h are only useful for procs.

(Side note: Water pets don't get backstab bonuses, do they?)
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Weighted Axe?
  10. Brudal Augur

My thought is it is humanoid vs non-humanoid or the opposable thumb theory, a bear, wolf, tiger don't have the ability to swing a weapon.
  11. Repthor Augur

what about trees ?
  12. Brudal Augur

Religious objection to bladed weapons.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  13. Repthor Augur

so if i give them Blunded weapons it should work. good to know
  14. Brudal Augur

Only if you take it on faith and don't risk parsing.
  15. mackal Augur

You can get bad damage by doing (max hit - min hit) / 19 which will give you the "damage interval" then multiply by 10 and round as you were taught to do in math class. That should give you the base damage in the same "units" as weapons.

At least that worked in the parses I did (using Empathic Fury [it has a min dmg mod] to verify that)

You can try giving a higher base damage weapon to a lower level BST pet to see if its a "mage pet only" thing.
  16. Dazherz New Member

When you give a weapon to a pet it looks at delay only for replacement. However, this delay does not affect the pet's swing rate. The damage stat does absolutely nothing. Procs matter.

The delay busineess was changed in 1999 when necro pets were blenders (delay mattered). At around the same time Mage pets were granted dual wield.

For replacement, everything else relies on AC.
  17. Dazherz New Member

By the way, this is why Burning Shanks are fun to play with.

dot dot dot
  18. Dazherz New Member

They don't.
  19. Dazherz New Member

This is (pretty much) true.

At the very beginning delay mattered and Necros could KS Nagafen with their unbelievable pets. So it was nerfed. On weapon damage that we true for 2 handed weapons just as you say.

Another weapon which was nerfed to be "no-pet" was the DiZok Oracle Shillelagh which proc'd a slow.
  20. Dazherz New Member

HAHA