CoV Raid Item Vendor Cost - Is this for real?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rylak, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Cicelee Augur

Sounds like players cannot go full TS ore raid gear and instead have to loot some non TS gear.

I mean, is that really that bad of a thing? You don't *need* full raid TS gear to do anything in the game. It is just a *want*.

Sounds like many players were so used to being 100% raid TS that now they may only be 70% raid TS. Is that that bad of a thing?
    Svann2 and Sancus like this.
  2. Tegila Augur

In a month, raiding ever 5 days due to lockouts, you can raid 7 times(day 1,6,11,16,21,26,31). If there are 3 raids at 10 a raid that's 210, plus the 42 in chests. Sure that's not 1 per person but that's IF everyone's foregoing the rest of the loot, and that's their fault/choice not DBG. Raids have always had multiple tiers they just didn't used to be timelocked like this. Following the same pattern, the second month gets only 6.5 raids due to lockouts from t1 so another 78 chest dropped bricks, and 390 coins(granted February isn't 31 days but Jan and mar are) for a total of 600 coins and 120 bricks, enough for 2/person and possibly 1 from vendor(since the price is still unknown)

1 item every 3 weeks sounds sucky, but again, it's if people are choosing to skip the t1 gear. If the stuffs rotting what diff does it make if you loot it and use it for a smaller upgrade, or give to an alt? Oh, yeah, you get to benefit your raid instead of just yourself.
    Svann2 likes this.
  3. Tegila Augur

Yup, and that's just before the t3 loot pinata.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Very few guilds raid loot lockouts and have a set schedule for each week so they are only raiding once a week. But even going off your ridiculous schedule guilds are down on the amount of loot they will have going into T3 than the previous expansion.

No one said anything about not looting T1 loot. The prices for T1 loot off the vendor have doubled, I hate to think how much the ore will be when it unlocks.
    Skuz and Coagagin like this.
  5. Jokskilove Palzerker

We managed to beat TOV, starting out mostly in RoS raid gear and TBL/TOV group gear. This time, we have almost full TOV raid gear as a starting point. I have no idea how hard the new events are, but I did see that at least one guild on my server beat all 3 events on the first evening, so I don't see it as overly likely that the gear in the early part of the expansion is going to become a bottleneck for winning the expansion.

For me, it's more of a quality of play kinda thing. Some items are just really rare - until July 2020, we had exactly two Mastodonic Balaclavas drop from Griklor. Having the opportunity to get your top priority items from the vendors is a massive relief (and helps keep the DKP cost of items relatively uniform). If coins is not a viable route to gear, you are forced to overspend on certain slots. This can of course be mitigated by buying the ores, but they were also insanely expensive/popular in our system in the early days. If coins are not a viable way to this, they will be come even more sought after.

The other thing, as Yinla suggested, is that a lot of the loot overflow is from the double chest loot. Doing bids is no fun. Doing twice as many bids is twice as much administrative work, and inviting alts on top of that to get the leftovers (because we're environmentally conscious people that don't like to see things go to waste) slows us down even further.

Even if the total amount of loot is the same, the fairness and the quality of play would be much higher (for me) by reducing the vendor costs and staying away from the double chest loots. And providing those who rely heavily on their spells a viable way to get their rk3 spells - especially the level 115s which were a huge bottleneck for us in TOV.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  6. Moege Augur

Should be double after 3months like coin ? then double again at 6 months ?
    Will have to wait and see, I suspect the ores are going to stay at 2.

Said it before and will say it again here. This objection is a player made problem.
  7. Ibudin Augur

Exactly, and this will also take those huge banks of DKP that players have been hanging on to because they could buy loot from the vendor at a decent clip, and start to drain them finally. Well guilds that don't put max limits on how much you can bid anyways.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They also complained about the currency drop increase as well which is also related to this. In general it was a complaint about too much loot.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

If your alts are in TOV raid gear, you can organize multiple sets of raids a week; raid with everyone's mains, then do it again with your alts.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Tegila Augur

Actually, they did. Maybe not you, but the first half of this thread is about ppl not looting t1 gear and rotting it to alts.
    Svann2 likes this.
  11. Cadira Augur

God the irony in this post.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

and in only 54 raids, you too can get a piece of gear!
    Coagagin likes this.
  13. Geko Elder

I think there are 2 main reasons for this:

1. Most players now seem to be boxers. So they do not view themselves as having a "Main" - but rather their entire box crew is their main.

2. With the low number of available raiding guilds... many of us are "maining" a character we don't even like. Because that is all the 1 or 2 guilds on our server had room for.

I personally find myself in #2 - I raid with a character that I dislike so much ... that I contemplate replacing it in my 6 box crew on the regular. So for someone like me ... "alt" loot is all I care about... because my "main" is a pile or trash class.
    Vumad and Skuz like this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So why quote me and talk about people not looting T1 gear?

My guild atcually do loot T1 gear and then upgrade again to T2, especially the tanks.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Hogwilld Elder

Everyone wants ore gear. Tier 1 is for apps and people trying to catch up.

Prices need to be tweaked down to a middle ground between 276 from TOV to 600 for COV.

If you don't see an issue with doubling the cost, I can't help you.
    Coagagin likes this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Nobody asked for your help.
  17. Hogwilld Elder

Good because they would be beyond help.
  18. Jokskilove Palzerker

I don't get it, Big Dan? I'm trying to explain what parts of the game is fun and what parts is no fun. If you're involved in doing any of the administrative tasks involved in running a raiding guild, I'd be happy to hear how you manage it. If you just show up to loot (or are on the outside looking in), I fail to see the relevance of your comment.

It seems that the developers have decided to tweak how the loot becomes available. There are two roads to take:
    1) Reduce loot from chests
    2) Reduce loot via currency
    It seems they chose option 2 (and as compensation added another ore). Presented with these alternatives, I'd be strongly in favor of option 1.
  19. Moege Augur

Same here, who is Big Dan ? Apparently an insult of some sort, grow up.

You are complaining that taking bids on rot loot, having to wait for people to get said alt there and zone is no fun. Now how is this a dev problem ? it is a problem you make for yourself.

Now in response to this mindset prices were increased, Congratulations you played yourself, you now still have the no fun part and the reduced loot.

As you don't want my thoughts feel free to ignore me.
  20. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

Exactly. And don't forget the coins will be upped at some point, too, like they always have.

Another thing to note is that there was no new content last year. A lot of people were home during quarantine, and many people got to experience raiding current content or playing a different toon that wouldn't (or couldn't) otherwise thanks to the incentive of gearing "another alt" or giving loot away to someone/non-raider/casual-player, etc. Alternative or open-style raids gained popularity as well.

So DBG threw a bone last year and now more people can take a stab at doing the current content in CoV. If anything, more casual players got a renewed interest in raiding and it opened up opportunities for them to advance further if they chose to do so.
    Skuz likes this.