CoV info

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Micker, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Micker Augur

With the new expansion coming out in a couple days, was just wondering how the beta people feel about it. How's the difficulty (mobs etc) compared to ToV. Is there at least decent exp from killing mobs now? Thanks!
  2. Sancus Augur

The open world content and progression is quite easy; not any more difficult than ToV in era. The only thing I've noticed that very loosely fits the definition of "harder" is that there are more more mobs that see through both Invis and IVU than in ToV.

Experience from killing mobs was quite good in ToV, so not sure what that's referring to. ToV may still be better XP given the lower mob HP, but haven't dedicated much time testing grind spots on beta.
  3. Vaeeldar Augur

I think he was referencing that if they sort of nerfed grinding. Still doable but XP was better off with a mix of levels and missions. I always ground out 111 and maybe 112 then did missions. Was just easier that way than pure XP grinding like past expansions.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Grinding wasn't different. They just added a big one time exp bonus to missions. People whining about exp being nerfed are completely wrong and need to get over it. This is no different than what they did in RoF for partisan rewards.
  5. KrakenReality Augur

Nah, you’re being obtuse. The way ToV experience is designed creates a problem, because it’s designed with completing the partisan, mercenary, and missions. It makes a situation, where players will be faced with excessively long mob grinding because they won’t have the support to do the ToV missions. Railroad progression like that is fine, but you need the player base to accommodate that design.

Last I remember on FV with RAF between a couple of my accounts was around 0.007%/kill in GD at 113, which represents best case scenario. I roll a 6 box crew that pretty well rips through mobs in about 12-15 seconds. Ultimately, no impact on me how they design an expansion.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

AA exp was better than TBL.

The exp from mobs was not an issue.

They just decided (a design decision) to make levels matter again and not be completed 2 hours after server up.
  7. KrakenReality Augur

Yes.

Yes.

No.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

All of the XP complaints were the result of how much XP it took to get lvls 111-115. There are no new lvls this expansion so it will be a non-issue. ToV mobs were great for grinding out AA's, which is all that we get this expansion.
  9. Micker Augur

What expansion AAs will be unlocked for auto grant, EoK?
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes
    Micker likes this.
  11. Cazmac Augur

Surely, if it takes longer to get to 115, that just makes the game last longer and should be welcomed. You are at the top end, after all, and can go no higher for now.
  12. Cazmac Augur

I have no experience of ToV but I can certainly vouch for the ability to see through invis and IVU in CoV. I took a newly-built 115 Cleric into Dragon Necropolis, among other zones, and was spotted by everything! I forget how many times I died but at least five before I managed to find a mob-free area and port back home to hide my shame and be cared for by my merc! :D
    OldCa61 and Qelil like this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

If the xp rewards for completing progression in CoV are similar to ToV, isn't that just a complete waste of a one-time xp reward for people who are already max level/capped xp?

Or are the rewards going to work differently in this expansion since there's no level increase?
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

The danger this expansion is that too many people will have completed group content and be max aa and max auged too early in the year and all that will be left is login for raids.
    Yinla and Ironkeg like this.
  15. Kamor Lorekeeper

Have you been drinking?

At 0.007% a kill and 12s per kill it would take 119 days played to go through a single level.
    in GD you get ~0.7% a kill. Any six box that "rips through mobs" should really be trying a zone w/ a slight challenge instead of snowflaking in GD.
  16. Spankage Elder

Ripping through GD or swarming it is actually the fastest way to xp currently, both AA and evolves. Other zones are nice but the cave density and relative ease of mobs are hard to beat.
  17. Kamor Lorekeeper

Respectfully disagree. The tier 2 zones have a similar mob density and higher xp per kill especially for evolving items; and if you can sustain ~1M plus dps the xp/hour is superior. I know a lot of people prefer GD, and that's fine.

My main point though was how vastly misleading the "Kraken" was with regards to xp rates in ToV.
    Svann2 likes this.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

What if you can't sustain a 1m dps? /sadface
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

As a group of 110-115s...I'd say you need to get better. Or drop the chafe for some rogue mercs.
    Tarvas likes this.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

You must of missed ToV launch, every other post on the forum was people crying about how long it took to lvl up. Using the quests/missions made it a lot easier, you could do the 4 group missions and go from like 111-113 in a couple hours. People were still crying that they couldn't grind mobs and get the same results.

Personally I liked the model, if you actually did the quests it was quite easy to lvl up. If you just wanted to sit in a corner and kill mobs it took way longer but was still possible, there was quite a few who said they lvled up that way.
    Svann2 likes this.