Couple things causing crashes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Koggar.Bertoxxulous, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

Hey everyone, finally able to play on my computer again after MONTHS, and noticing a couple of issues. First, I cannot get the game to run on max resolution, for some reason. I have a 2560x1440 monitor, and whenever I select that option, it will crash within a few mins (to the point of forcing a complete restart of my computer). I downgrade to 1920x1080, and leave all other settings at max, no issues.

And hardware should not be an issue, I have a modern mobo, CPU, and 32 gb of memory. Only thing that's a little old is the GPU (AMD HD 7990FX, which was considered high end just 3 years ago), so I wouldn't imagine that would be what's causing the crashes.

Second, maps. Every time that I download Brewall maps, which everyone swears by, I will crash instantly upon login (although this is only a client crash, no forced restart of computer). What am I doing wrong? Are there any settings that I could alter to allow me to play at max resolution with maps? And I already set CPU affinity to -1, which is supposed to resolve some of those issues.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I play at max resolution with no problem other then some text is really really hard to see. I wonder if it could be a directx problem? I assume your video drivers are current.

As for the Brewall maps have you tried putting them in a directory under your map directory? Try that then when in game switch to the map set using the drop down at the top left corner of the map screen and see if you still crash.