Couple quick questions about tanks on Ragefire TLP

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by broseidon, Aug 28, 2015.

1. broseidon New Member

What is the main difference between SK and pally? Yes they're both knights and one is good and one is bad...they can both self heal and IIRC the pally gets a stun while the SK gets a snare.

Are there any huge differences between these?

Also, is there still a mitigation penalty for having under 75 agi? I'm following http://wiki.project1999.com/Shadow_Knight and wondering if I really need to put points into agi/int or if I should just go full stam
  2. Eilad Lorekeeper

Group wise they are about the same.

Raid wise the SK heals are currently nerfed because our lifetap are greatly reduced by the TLP buff on raid boss, while pally heals are unaffected.

This situation will stay as is for kunark, making raiding as a SK a bit painful.
  3. Malachi Augur

Some Paladin's buffs are cleric buffs. They just don't get them as early. Same with heals. It makes them very versatile when there is no cleric in the group. Paladin's also heal themselves (and others)no matter what situation they are in (given they reserve the mana to do so). Shadow knights are engaged in battle when healing for the most part given the nature of their "heals" (life steal).

Shadow knights can be very efficient pulling and splitting mobs with fd/snare combos. A tank with that ability in the classic era of the game is real nice. Paladin's have agro range decreasing spells but they can't clear agro and then fetch their snared target.

Sk's are selfish with self buffs. Paladin's have self buffs but most, as mentioned, can be shared.

In my experiences, both have similar play styles, but Sk's in the classic era are safer and more equipped for soloing while Paladin's augment a party slightly more.