Couple of quick Necro questions from a high-30s Necro...

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Sakuraba, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Sakuraba Augur

Been feeling like my soloing is relatively efficient, only taken me about 8 hours, the long part of which was due to my insistence on doing Gloomingdeep for some basic armor, getting to level 36.

I've been using the J1 Tank the whole time, and just putting a DoT or two down unless my skills fall behind.

Actually wondering though, is there a better Merc combo at this level/higher tiers?

Also wondering what kind of augs I should be looking out for in the 70s~80s.
  2. mackal Augur

tank merc is best until about 50.
  3. Sakuraba Augur

Sounds about right, thanks.

Guessing Healer is preferable after that point, since the Pet might possibly hold better aggro?
  4. Felicite Augur

I prefer to kite and/or root rot mobs can be and don't summon. Then you don't use any Merc at all - which increases your share of XP. Kiting you can use your pet, root rotting you really can't.. it's all you. Either of the methods will generally move your XP bar faster than fighting with a Merc (either type) once your Tank Merc stops soloing everything for you.

Your pet and a Merc Healer will be fine for a while. At some point (the 70s, 80s, or 90s) stuff will start to hit harder and you'll start to care about some more dimensions (Pet Focus items, slowing, blocking some spells) but for now you should be A-OK.

Your augment (and gear) priorities are Hit Points. And health regen when you can get it (and Heroic Stamina I suppose.. which is Hit Points).
  5. Sakuraba Augur

Ah, thanks. It does make sense.

Going through my spells currently, it seems most of my roots are strictly for use against Undead mobs. I do believe I'm due for Root itself soon, just can't remember how soon. Might have to practice that in a larger area at some point -- CoM's just a bit too enclosed.
  6. Brohg Augur

7. Reincarnated Lorekeeper

Ahh I miss the old days. Snare, dot dot dot, run away.. wait till mob gets to you, run the other way, refresh snare, dot dot dot. Pet follows with taunt off.

If it were me, I'd probably try to use my pet as the tank and use the healer merc but I'm way out of touch on the low end game.