Fixed Internally Counting Shadows

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Zantor, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Zantor Augur

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix SoF #5 Counting Shadows task? I've completed all 7 of the TS tasks, have Eron's Jewelry. Stuck on the step, Show Eron your progress. Except what since I have the end result I have nothing to show Eron. Put in a bug report but with so many so busy with ToV. Hoping someone else has a fix.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Previous reports similar to this have reported successfully petitioning to get the achievement updated. Others have reported unsuccessful petition attempts. The only guarantee in this is that if you delete your Eron's bit you can complete all of the quests again, which obviously is not ideal:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-july-6-2016.233847/

- Eron Nurwistle will now allow you to start his series of quests over if you have somehow misplaced your jewelry.
  3. Zantor Augur

I did a petition, other GM's have done similar update of a task in the past, this said, nothing he can do, redo the 5 quests or put in a bug report and wait for the patch. Then he closed my ticket.
  4. Zantor Augur

Anyone else have any ideas and or resolution?
  5. Pani Augur

keep petitioning and hope you get a helpful GM?
  6. Zantor Augur

If no resolution by patch, I will petition again. Spent several days farming the TS items for 10 - 12 hours a days for get the 5 quests done the first time. So do not want to do do it again when a GM and fix it in 2 minutes or less.
  7. Absor Developer

I am confused by this. You say you have Eron's Reconfigured Jewelry, but you don't? If you have completed the previous steps you should have the thing to hand in to the guy.
  8. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

Because of the way the task is structured and learning the recipes, on some steps (maybe all) you can do a combine out of order and then can not complete the task. I had that happen on step 3 I believe and had to start the whole quest line over.

Eya
    Duder likes this.
  9. Zantor Augur

I have Eron's Jewelry. the fished product of all 7 quests. But the #5 still says Show your Progress to Eron for Counting Shadows. But since I used that #5 piece in #6. It won't complete #5.
  10. Absor Developer

Ah, I see. Ok, I'll see if I can gets someone to look at the quest. Nothing I can do about updating progress, that's a CS thing.
  11. Zantor Augur

Thank you :)
  12. Zantor Augur

Any chance I can get that check marked off on Craft Eron's Jewelry? That is the only thing holding me back from the Artisan's Prize?:( I just got my 12th seal made.
  13. Zantor Augur

Any estimated time one when it may be updated? I really don't want to do the over again, all that farming. But don't want to wait weeks or longer either.
  14. Zantor Augur

Ok, broke down and went to redo the 5 quests, want to get it done before I do into the hospital next week. Went to start SoF #1 again, and I got a tell saying, Thank You, The jewelry worked even better than I expected.

Won't let me get any of the quests again. Any news on when this can be fixed internally?
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That tell wasn't a heads up that cs fixed it without telling you? Like did you say "brewing" to Eron to see if it will pick up from there?
  16. Nniki Augur

From the July 13, 2016 game update notes:
    By that, I'm guessing you need to destroy the jewelry you have first if you want to reset progress with Eron.

The new expansion is undoubtedly higher priority than this... you probably won't see any changes with this until sometime after the launch.
  17. Nniki Augur

Having completed Eron's Jewelry and no longer having it due to making the Artisan's Prize, I get the following messages. I'm not sure what the "Thank you" line indicates as far as progress.

[Sun Nov 24 11:05:31 2019] You say, 'Hail, Eron Nurwistle'
    [Sun Nov 24 11:05:31 2019] Eron scratches his head, 'So you... lost... the jewelry? Well I suppose you could [start over] if you're so inclined.'
    [Sun Nov 24 11:05:31 2019] Thank you. The jewelry worked even better than I expected.
    [Sun Nov 24 11:05:31 2019] Eron Nurwistle says, 'What hey! No, you cannot take me. I will not go back. [Meldrath] will not get me again. I will not [wait] here for you to bring him.'
  18. Zantor Augur

So to get #5 completed, I have to delete the end result of Eron's Jewelry and redo the how thing to get that check mark so I can get my last pre req'd needed to get the Artisans Prize? That's so stupid.
  19. Zantor Augur

All they need is the right person to push 1 button. They can see I have the whole 7 quests done easily enough.
    Fuelforfire likes this.
  20. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

Did you try giving your Eron's piece to the AP Quest mob?