Could the devs let us know if charm is on their radar?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Glow, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glow Augur

There have been several 30 page long debates viewed by 10k+ players.

It would be nice to know if the devs are thinking about charm at all or if they plan to keep it as is for the forseeable future, or if technical limitations are preventing action, or what.
  2. Ebine Elder

They need to fix PoF first.
  3. MaestroM Augur

I think the Devs are trying to get the server up. Then they're going to worry about getting Aradune/Rizlona up and running.

Then, I hope, they take a vacation and take care of themselves. Then, if they do anything about balance, i hope its to redo Verina Tomb/similar bottlenecks in a way that puts those epics in line with other epics re availability.

Then I hope they leave the game alone. There's no reason to nerf anything at this point.
    Genoane, Metanis and Bullwyf like this.
  4. Machen Augur

There have been similar posts every year for the last five years. I wouldn't hold your breath.
  5. Cohhfarmage Journeyman

It will be fixed next year on the new TLP. TLP's are their money grabs. They'll need something to hype up the server.
  6. Bullwyf New Member

^ I approve of this message! ^
  7. ItzJusJonSkywalk New Member

Real talk: this would be a great trade off: tune down charm (Not like a massive nerf) but give back by retuning the epic to be more accessible!
  8. wade_watts Augur

Of the thousands and thousands of players coming to play the new TLP's, about 60 unique people posted in the forum post, much more than half of which were asking that it please not get changed. Lets keep it real here. There are plenty of actual things the devs can focus on to improve the TLP experience that would pay dividends beyond this.

Perhaps we can start by fixing rogues overall so they are actually a contributing class? How about we focus on stability and server performance instead? There are soo many things that could be fixed before this.
    Hinastorm86 likes this.
  9. Hinastorm86 Augur

As someone who thinks charm is wildly OP and problematic, I actually agree with this.
  10. Sturn Augur

Me too. I hate how OP it is but I'd much rather see some boosting of classic rogues before worrying about adjusting charm to be more balanced.
  11. martanio New Member

I am out of the loop. What is wrong with charms?
  12. Barder-mangler Elder

Just so we are clear- you think that by breaking forum rules (calling for a Nerf), you are going to get what you want, when half the people in the post disagree with you? Checks out.

Is there a reason you are so bent on nerfing enchanters? Let's talk about Lev in POF please.
  13. Hinastorm86 Augur

Wildly OP, to the point that everything in the group game revolves around using it and supporting it. And your group will feel like **** without it, once you've experienced it.
  14. MaestroM Augur

Whats broke about lev in PoF? I haven't been there since i played live a billion years ago.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Bypassing content.

Also, it's worth noting that just because someone says that charm is overpowered it doesn't necessarily mean they are advocating a nerf.

I can fully admit that charm is ridiculous strong, but at the same time I want that charm pet in my group were I to level up.
  16. wade_watts Augur

If you're just coming back, please don't take this as truth. Yes, charm pets do high very DPS and they could be tuned down without breaking anything, but stating that the entire group game revolves around this is just flatly wrong.

Roll what you want (except rogue), join groups, have a blast. Everything is easymode versus original 1999 but it's still a ton of fun.
  17. Sturn Augur

It is not wrong. Enchanters now fill the tank, dps, CC and buffing roles all at the same time in classic. If you have a charm pet, there's no reason to have a tank class.
  18. martanio New Member

I so very daft. When I read the post, I was thinking of the charm slot and not the spell(s).
  19. code-zero Augur

There will be a new PvP free trade server with lev disabled in PoF that will also have no Krono...that server will have nerfed charm!
    Bailen and Terranos like this.
  20. Batbener Augur

A good one can fill heals, too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.