Cotf

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kragin, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Kragin Augur

Cotf is unlocking Monday on fippy!!

Holla atcha boy
  2. Astral - TR Elder

It's dead Jim.
    Ducreux likes this.
  3. Kragin Augur

It's not dead when expansions are still being released, still raiding casually. If you have never played the expansions and don't wanna wait years for phinny to roll around, it's not a bad option.
  4. Crayon123 Augur

5. FurySoul Augur

So when we complete COTF and move on to TDS, will that make us less dead?
  6. Adonhiram Augur

I am sure someone will say "ok ok you are the living dead" :D
    Warrior007 likes this.
  7. JPete Lorekeeper

You'll just be closer to the semi-dead status of the Live servers.
  8. FurySoul Augur

Going from dead to semi-dead ... Im liking the direction this is going.
  9. Risiko Augur

The good news is you get new content for your server.

The bad news is your server just moved in to the 3rd crappiest expansion for live servers.

The even worse news is the 2nd and 1st crappiest expansions are what you have to look forward to when you finish CoTF.

If you don't out right quit playing EQ when TBM comes out (unlike my friends from live that now play non-DBG-related games due to TBM), you can come join us on Phinigel. Luckily the three expansions that destroy EQ are years away from opening on Phinigel ;)
  10. Adonhiram Augur

I stopped on live during HoT era, what's so wrong with TBM ? And while we are at it, would someone who knows all expacs till TBM mind giving us a short review about the most recent live expansions if you have three minutes to spare ?
  11. Ravengloome Augur

VOA = Decent raids/group content
    ROF = Aggro meter, last really big expansion, decent raids
    COTF = Super casual friendly stuff via HA's and currency gear grinding, Raids were pretty easy, but had some fun mechanics
    TDS = Hail lots of crap alot, Good raids, but only 7 of them.
    TBM = Bugged as all get out on release, Made casual play even more friendly with Currency gear grinding and the currency being tradeable. Raids are lulz at best.
  12. FurySoul Augur

But the goal is really just getting to the end.Cause isn't that the definition of time locked "progression" server? I mean this has been a journey years in the making and many situations where we thought the server would turn in to vulak, but it didnt.

So I for one am excited for cotf, not just for new content and raids, but to be 1 more exp closer to finally saying, we did it.
  13. Ravengloome Augur

COTF can be fun too or atleast i enjoyed the Expac.
  14. Adonhiram Augur

Thank you very much :)
  15. Batbener Augur

I bet if you saw a heroin junkie on the street, that has pleasured 1000 dudes to get their fix over the years, after spending the last 2 decades in and out of jail to get their fix, long after losing every person and thing close to them to get their fix, would say, "Hey, bro, you should probably quit now, because shooting heroin is totally going to suck in a few years!"

A, it's not going to make a difference, and B, they already know it.
  16. Ootax Augur

Umm, your server is like vulak. Sure you have your guild on there but that is about it, and that guild is really just a handful of people boxing. Other than that, there are maybe a few people here and there that are one. It's dead. It's great that your guild has made it this far and probably will keep going but with out boxing multiple characters your guild would be done like the others.
  17. FurySoul Augur

the analogy was meant to show that we are a TLP that has continued to progress, vulak is a TLP that has stop progressing *due to lack of player base).

We have had time when we thought we would not have enough player base to continue on, but time and time again some players have returned to help out with getting through some of the tougher hurdles.

Whether or not the server is well populated doesnt factor into me calling it a "dead" server. To me Fippy is close to death but has managed to stay alive for quite a while. And here we are, close to the end of the journey and I am looking forward to seeing it all the way to the end.
  18. jeskola pheerie

Was fun with the limited numbers in LOB
  19. jeskola pheerie

Vulak didn't progress past SOD so I think Fippy is quite different.
  20. jeskola pheerie

Grats citizen, keep it up and prove all the haters wrong.
    FurySoul likes this.