CotF Rare Drop - Is the purge over? Safe to sell/buy?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hazimil, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Hazimil Lorekeeper

As we know, the new "uber" CotF rare drops are no longer available in HA's, but can still drop in CotF static zones (but at a 1/5000 drop rate). We also know that SoE have been doing a purge of the items which were obtained via the exploit.

However, some people obtained them properly and fairly, and some may even have been luckily enough to have obtained them since the "fix" via the static zone drops.

Therefore, they are starting to appear "for sale" again, and it would be useful for an official comment from SoE that the purge is over, and that it's now safe to buy/sell them items.

Thanks.

Haz!
    aka Jonathan
  2. Odiosus Journeyman

Completely agree and would love to see an official response as well. I keep seeing auctions and contemplating but obviously have no idea if the seller is still subject to a purge. The expense of the items obviously makes this a risk not worth purchasing until we get official word that the item isn't going to be purged later this week. This doesn't even account for the fact that some of the GM's destroyed items with no consideration of augmentation/ornamentation and the work involved with a petition to get those restored.

This has been a mess all around and it would be really appreciated if we can get a confirmation that its over and anything in game is deemed clean.
  3. lancelove Augur

I spent about 16 hours a day trying to get some of that gear until they pulled it, but I was in Bixie Warfront doing missions and HA's mostly, with a couple of the Dead Hills group missions when Id finish the BW missions. I saw 0 drops :(.

With that being said-

I have purchased a few of these items over the last few days, one because Piestro said to wait a day or so, two, because it isn't fair to me that I have to feel stuff I buy with my hard earned cash (not platinum) is going to get taken away because someone discovered some glitch in the matrix.
    I have however used Krono and game cards. I have scanned them and took screen shots as well of the transactions. I've also asked the persons if they got them through the exploit and since the answer was no, I went ahead. What more can you do?

I feel the Devs could have stepped in alot sooner and stopped whatever was wrong, not that it was entrapment, and dont get me wrong I love you guys, but I really think the taking away thing should stop.

I've been playing this game since late 98 on the same toon, and I don't want to feel like I've felt the last four days any more. The last time I felt this bad was when DAoC came out and brought my guild from 75 on raid nights to 9.
  4. Gortar Augur

DAoC... memmmmorrriesss... of a slow slow slow walking horse! :D
  5. Roshen Brand Manager

There should be no issues for players that are obtaining these properly and fairly from either world drops, or from other players in-game.
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

That still really is not an answer. Have you guys finished removing all the "suspect" items? If not and you are still investigating then the word should be no do not buy these items yet since you have no way to know how they were obtained and might be out of luck.

Has all the important time spent on these items taken away, postponed or impacted the remaining CoTF stuff people are expecting? Like the bulk of AA, new spells, class balancing and content that was talked about and that people paid for. Or are these change the game side projects ruling norrath these days?
  7. Odiosus Journeyman

To the point Mills makes, this doesn't answer the question. Since I am unable to know how someone selling an item obtained it, I have no idea if it was obtained via a legitimate means. So in the meantime, I as a buyer absorb risk purchasing said item because Sony has not officially stated actions are complete so we know items are safe and legal. Seriously is this really that difficult of a question to give a straight answer to?
  8. Derd Augur

While the answer seems vague in a way it may be the best they can do, I know from what one guildie was doing trying to find a way to hide one that they may indeed still be trying to ferret out the ill gotten items. Are they still working thru logs and deleted characters and housing storage to find some of the items, I don't know. But you generally don't tell who your trying to catch that your still looking for them.

If your still seeing more than a handful of these on your server I'd be very wary. And really it would seem the price will go down in the near future if they reinstate them into ha's and mission's and more people are having the random chance of obtaining them.

Just wondering what are they going for on any server? price wise
  9. Roshen Brand Manager

Customer Service removing these items from a few accounts has not impacted any upcoming features that Dev is working on for EverQuest.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You're still not answering anyones question.

What if someone buys an item from a person that exploited the HA's? Are you going to take that item FROM THE PERSON THAT BOUGHT IT? They likely paid a couple million plat or a 4-5 Krono for it. They also had no idea the person exploited the system. That's the question being asked.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

I suspect, that the answer is yes, you will lose if you bought an exploited item. I also suspect that many tried selling to various alts to hide their ill gotten gains.
  12. Zaxamaphone Augur

I paid 1.6 million plat for a Legatus Faceplate and gave it to an alt. It was deleted yesterday.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It pays to be informed about the game you are playing. It would also be helpful for the devs to respond quickly with something definite when it first comes to their attention.
    Leerah likes this.
  14. Ravengloome Augur

I think thats the million plat question. The answer is probably not going to be to satisfactory either.
  15. Deximus New Member

I love how items bought in the bazaar with no way of knowing who was on the other end selling and buying them for 1 mill each was wrong. And why we lost items and still don't have our plat or krono back.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Well then that is wrong, the person that EXPLOITED the system still wins. They still have the plat, they still get the Krono and the person that buys the item gets screwed. This reminds me of a nice disaster in PoK years back... an awful lot of innocent people got screwed.
  17. Derd Augur

Ask the person who sold it to you for your money back. If they refuse, petition. It may not work but it is on you to try.
  18. pk76 Augur

i spent a lot of time when the 2x xp weekend was running in dead hill heroic tasks, mainly scouting ahead , i did 30 + of that task and only seen one rare ( i was finishing all tasks tho to get the currency and as well )

i just hope the one and only rare that i got won't be deleted even if it was in scouting ahead mission,, one drop in 30 + missions is not really a bugged one for me .......................
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

LOL, no it isn't on the person that got screwed...
  20. Derd Augur

Well, yes it is if you expect customer service to dig thru the logs to find the exact time you bought the item, on what toon ( remember he said he moved it to an alt so it's not possible for them to see that you even spent anything for it) it is on YOU to inform them. Or do you mean the person who sold the item to you should be scouring the bush's for you.. ya I would if I'd done it. I'd have sent a tell and asked you how you wanted to handle the situation if the item was removed. Well unless your a scummy person and think its buyer beware and all that bull.

Really a lot of it still comes back to you.. a extremely rare item all of a sudden appeared and was being sold in large quantitites and you didn't question it.