COTF Partisan's Sub 100

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Junior00, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Junior00 Elder

Good morning,

I recently started leveling another alt and decided I was going to start with COTF progression and just earn all my Hero's AA as I leveled up. I recalled not being able to do the partisan quests, but being able to do the Mercenary and HA's sub 100. Is there a reason this is still the way it is? A lot of the partisan quests require you to do the HA's that you already have access to, I never really understood why there was a level requirement of 100 anyway. IIRC you could do RoF quests at 85.
  2. Tereil Elder

I am doing the same with my 3-box, and not having any issues with progression or requesting any HAs in CotF. I am about halfway through Bixies now. My toons are 97-98-99. Started at about 95 on all of them.
  3. Junior00 Elder

I am referring to the actual Partisan quests in these zones, the Mercenary 1 and 2 are either HA's or Tasks in the static zone. The partisan quests are unable to be requested before level 100.
  4. Tereil Elder

I will double check on them once home, and get back to you.
  5. Junior00 Elder

I attempted to request the very first partisan for the expansion in Karana, Overcoming the Cataclysm from Guard Jacobson. The character was level 85 (EQR says 85 is min) but he tells me he does not have anything for me. I will try again once I finish this run of the Bixie HA's, I also attempted to request the Bixie partisan task, but could not. I didn't expect that to work.
  6. Tereil Elder

Hm. That is weird. Had no issues requesting the partisans up to bixies of war. Was 95 at request. Could not speak about before that level. Sorry.
  7. Junior00 Elder

I'm going to try to do the regular mercenary tasks first and see if I can request it then.
  8. Junior00 Elder

Completed all ETWK Mercenaries (I & II) and still cannot request at level 87.
  9. Junior00 Elder

I just looked at the Zam comments as well, for whatever reason the level req is 95...still pretty high compared to RoF which you can request at 85 and there aren't even HA's in ROF.
  10. Gundolin Augur

I had remembered all of the CoTF partisan quests being level 95 to request as well. Not sure why it would be showing 100 for you. Did you start with Overcoming the Cataclysm?
  11. Lenolian New Member

Mercenary HA quests scale to your level back to level 75, other mercenary (solo) and partisan do not. That may explain why the difference of minimum level between those 2 kind of quests.

As to why RoF minimum level is different level than CoTF, it could be because at lvl 85 mobs in RoF could still be within your level range (+10 level) whereas in CoTF mobs would be around 15 level higher than you, making them a bit too high to hit.
  12. Junior00 Elder

I get that, I don't understand why I can request the Merc quests in TWK, which involves killing the same mobs as the partisan, at 85. Oh well, just going to request through on my main and do all the HA's and come back for the partisans I suppose.
  13. CrazyLarth Augur