Cotf HA loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Marbles, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Marbles Elder

I know that this is a long shot what with the anniversary, t3 cotf and a big expansion coming...But...

My level 90s group has managed to kill 2 (yes two) HA namers and is unable to use the gear. Since gear based on level of HA is a longshot, can you make the dropped stuff Req 90/Rec 100, so at least it can be used instead of banked for a year
  2. fransisco Augur

Why not hunt alaris or HoT named with gear you can use?
  3. Zinth Augur

maybe he likes the HA's ? and his request is not unreasonable... it would be like doing CoA raids and getting loot you could first use when SoF launched 10+ levels higher
  4. Marbles Elder

because it's new content and was scaled for these levels?
  5. Espiritun Augur

HA's scaled to 95 or 90 should drop the same loot that the level 95 and level 90 vendors in ETWK main camp have.

crazy right?!?!
    Yinla and Ratbo Peep like this.
  6. Ratbo Peep Augur

One thing to note though.
    The way those HA's sit now, they provide one of the few chances in the game to get gear ahead of your current pay grade. Sure you wanna throw that away for level appropriate gear?
    -Rat
    Sinestra and Wayylon like this.
  7. blood & gufts Augur

Have to agree on this.

But feels like the HA has not been thought through completely.

Like at start they did not scale, came first a long time late.

Also, on the HA in DH, I thought that the some of the named should have been changed, so not use fear, resulting in no credit for kills.
    Still happens. Example. Squire Thomas Olson
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

this

If they can complete the content they should be able to wear the gear. These HA's are doable from level 85, they either shouldn't drop gear they cannot use and give more currency or drop the gear on the vendors.

Telling players to go and do other expansions which drops gear they can use is not a valid argument as these have recently been designed to be done my those who are not level 100 and should therefore drop relevant items.
  9. fransisco Augur

everywhere else in the game, if you try really hard, you can camp gear a few levels to high for you.
    Does that mean everything should be usable early?
    They are knowingly camping gear they cannot use yet.
    Besides, do we want to spend Dev time altering all the CoTF gear to be usable down to 90 when about 10 people will EVER get it at lvl 90?
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Izcurly Augur

Just save the gear until you are of a level to use it.
  11. Kolani Augur

I
    In case you haven't noticed, the Alaris and HoT gear is on the Heroic Adventures merchant without requiring the crapshoot (and overtuned nature) of some of the nameds.