COTF Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mistatk, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistatk Augur

I would like to humbly and respectfully express the concept that I personaly feel that this expansion that I payed for on 3x accounts and pay monthly for was not the size of a full expansion. Is this an opinion people are allowed to express and comment on? I don't see which forum rule does not allow expressing this opinion.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

concept = contempt ?
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

I see the real problem here, is that there is already a healthy CotF thread running - right next to this one.
    And that one has plenty of Jupiter sized, horse faced, booty calls. :D
    -Rat
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Peon25 New Member

We had dozens if not hundreds of similar threads removed yesterday. Users suspended on the forums. This is a no-no conversation. You're only allowed to praise the game, not offer opinions and concerns.
    Fenthen and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Mistatk Augur

That was kind of my concern was all the closed threads I tried to comment in. I thought the Developers Letter or what have you, acknowledged peoples concerns and said they heard them loud and clear. But now you try to ask why nothing is changing in the development/content pay ahead model, and the thread just gets closed for "being non constructive". I see a project like EQNext and worry that my everquest payments are being funneled out to other games, rather then supporting development of the game that I am paying for, and I can't even raise the idea with out being shut down. Its a legitimate concern I think.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Peon25 like this.
  6. Tearsin Rain Augur

that's because it's non constructive.

they (and we, the rest of us players who aren't up in arms over the current situation) get it... you don't like EQ and you don't like COTF.
    we got the message already, there doesn't need to be 15 new threads rehashing the exact same set of foot-stomping that we've been seeing pretty much since RoF went live.

they've announced they won't do staggered content releases anymore after COTF, so continuing to make new threads complaining about it doesn't really accomplish anything.
    you're not going to suddenly complaint-magic 10 new zones out of the ether, so you just have to accept that you're getting the staggered release model for the remainder of this expansion cycle.
  7. Langya Augur

They get shut down because SoE has no counter-argument nor will they risk taking a position and the commitment that goes with it.

They release a product. You can buy it or choose not to in the future.
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

Bzzzzt!
    The new threads are not complaining about the staggered content model. (R.I.F.)
    They are complaining that this installment (just now released to beta) is coming up way short - even for an installment.
    Secondarily that are complaining that "free nerfs" are getting bundled in with paid for content - at no extra charge! :D
    -R
  9. Kamea Augur

They can ignore our critiques, but it's pretty hard to ignore their insults, like the insult of being asked to pay $40 for an unfinished expansion that didn't remotely deliver on its promises of later being finished.

The idea of 'half tiers' was half baked from the start. The idea of fake zones like DH and Bixie that are merely hubs for HA's was also half baked. Tier 1B merely adding quests onto the first 2 zones and 2 HA hubs (I refuse to call DH and Bixie zones) was half baked. And if the news that tier 2A will be only 1 zone is true, that is also, half baked. I also wouldn't be surprised if tier 2B is merely added quests to 2A.

I've read that PoWar took away time from CotF development. If that is true, than that was a poor management decision; while I like the idea of PoWar being finished after all these years, the fact the devs aren't remotely close to delivering on the $40 expansion people paid for months ago should be priority #1.
    Peon25 likes this.
  10. Canik Augur

Understood. Devs ave already posted acknowledging the general discontent. Further threads outside of the ones that already exists are not constructive, thus are closed. You issue is noted by those that you want to make aware of your disenchantment with the expansion. What more are you looking for?
  11. Tearsin Rain Augur

well:
    1. i don't consider that to be a valid complaint, quite frankly - we have no idea what the release schedule is or what the overall plan is for the remainder of COTF.
    i know that content release has been less than what many people have wanted, and if in say 2 months tower of rot is still the only T2 content we've been given, at that time i say flood the forums.
    the pre-emptive gripefest being done over factoids devoid of context is another thing entirely.

2. given that it was stated rather explicitly in dev posts and the patch notes within the last month or so that they want to increase the power of enc runes, the spelldat changes which everyone is freaking out about (and which have no dev comments regarding it, nor any info related to what if any context surrounding the changes might be involved) strike me as being yet another example of having a flip out over no context whatsoever.
    again, after the next patch or after a dev statement that these changes are just being done unilaterally, complain away... but you'd think that after almost 20 years of ongoing MMO gaming some people would have gotten it through their thick skulls by now that having a temper tantrum over snooped parses of spell changes on the test or beta server is an extraordinarily pointless endeavor.
  12. Langya Augur

I disagree. PoWar brought an element into the game that was needed. Even if I don't play in that zone, I totally understand why they decided to implement PoW, even if it might rob some dev time.

We don't get our 40 dollars worth until the final installment in the late summer/fall anyway. Granted, they say they are scrapping quarterly staggered releases (yay!), it is too early to rule on if CotF was what we paid for or not. Probably for most people, the bundling of nerfs is the big issue, as that represents taking away something under the guise of "adding more" which dilutes the value quite a bit.
  13. Sinestra Augur

If that is what they wanted to do, when is that going to happen? One of the things the devs like to do is make a lot of empty promises and insult the intelligence of their players. They make a lot of whining posts about how "things are coming so calm down" and then those things rarely materialize. There are a lot of claims about how they have to change things to make them stronger and it rarely ever gets stronger. So pardon me if I'm not interested in hearing more BS about how better things are coming. I'll believe it when I see it.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Fenudir and Peon25 like this.
  14. Axxius Augur

What gave it away? :eek: Too few different cloaks dropping off the named? Or maybe the lack of an Abjuration aug?
  15. A-Quad Augur

SoE isn't our "buddy's house". It's a restaurant. A business. We are not esteemed guests, here by invitation only. We are paying customers, here on our own volition.

If they keep sending fat, ugly waitresses to our table, with trays of unpalatable food and watered-down drinks, more and more patrons will speak with their wallets... not words on a forum.
  16. Langya Augur

I get that. The forums are, however, SoE's house and their rules. Its a free service and we are here at their hospitality. It is not us who get to decide things on the boards.This was a talk about "nonconstructive comments" on the boards, correct?

As far as the game, than sure. You can complain to the management through whatever avenue they provide for that and see if anything changes. They can also ask you to leave and refuse future service. If their business goes TU than that's their problem. Legally though, they as the business owner are still on the right side of the law if they tell you to go pound sand instead of listening to complaints. You as a customer are also free to shop your business elsewhere. Everyone has a limit as to when enough is enough and you have given enough 2nd chances. Talk is just talk but if you hit a company's bottom line, than they take notice.
  17. Mistatk Augur

I don't mind if content is released in staggered portions so long as it kind of ends up adding up to a full expansion. They can release a full junk expansion all at once and charge 40$ for it and I won't be a lot happier. My question is, what is preventing them from developing content. And what could be more arbitrary then defining things as constructive vs. non constructive. What constitutes constructive, If they make an actual change based on your input? then guess what, 90% of the posts here are equally non constructive, but are not closed. I feel that I am paying about the same per expansion, and paying roughly the same cost per month, as when I was getting a lot more content for my money, and I'm just asking why is that. Is it corporate changes? is it new games being developed instead? Am I off in my opinion that I'm getting less content for my money? That's what I was getting at.
  18. Ratbo Peep Augur

Ok, you have an opinion too. Others might have that "2 months" opinion as well - were they given some info as to what the rest of the release is supposed to look like. And a lot of the "screaming" is for just that - transparancy. But this release - in a vacuum (all we have to go on) is garnering a backlash.

If they want to increase the power of Enchanter runes -they're off to a "funny start" there!
    Again - the lack of comments - feedback - and a "plan" is all the people have to go on.
    In the context presented - it's a nerf. And, it's it a nerf bundled with a patch that is was supposed to deliver content, and doesn't deliver too much of that.

And you really wonder why the "boards flooded" ahead of your 2 month opinion?
    Really?
    -R
  19. Roshen Brand Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.