Fixed Internally Corpse's everywhere and extra exp on rez

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by DemarMT, May 21, 2020.

1. DemarMT New Member

Like everyone, my corpses appeared where I have died recently even though I had been rezzed and had restored my experience. After getting a number of rez casts by friendly people, I decided to use expedient recovery to clear corpses. When I did, I hit 99.999% exp even though I was previously at around 90%. I did this to check on another account and the same thing happened.

The reason I am posting this is that I assume once this is discovered by Daybreak, another downtime will be coming immediately, so I want this resolved so we can at least have the weekend.
    jeskola and Notanx like this.
  2. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I'm glad you posted this, I haven't logged into the game yet myself. I agree that it would be better to get it corrected now and avoid roll backs and emergency downtimes.
    DemarMT likes this.
  3. StinkyVetWarrior Master

DemarMT likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Which part of the update?

Edit - Found it after slogging thru all that. Corrected an issue where corpses would expire after 3 hours even if the owner's account was offline.? So maybe they resurrected every corpse that anyone had that expired too soon in the recent past is what your saying?
    StinkyVetWarrior and DemarMT like this.
  5. Uumdano Augur

Unfortunately this looks like a bug. I have rezzed many corpses of mine as I have died quite a bit recently trying to kill off named and generally fight yellow cons while leveling up. I have gained a level, from 96 to 97 and I am pretty sure I should not because I run w/ a cleric and always rezz my corpses. I think I just rezzed like 6 or 7 of my cleric corpses and am still not finished finding all of my crew corpses.

I am actually going back an expansion to rezz corpses, just because I do not know if this is intended or not. I assume not but I rather err on the side of caution in my favor as I did not create this mess. Vox server btw.
    DemarMT likes this.
  6. Uumdano Augur

This has to be a bug, I rezzed many corpses and went 57% into 97 on one of my accounts. There is no way I left so many corpses in the three most recent zones I had been hunting. It is like all corpses from the last three days respawned, I only noticed this as I saw two of my tanks corpses when approaching a named. Of course my whole crew had corpses there from a previous wipe.

I am assuming this all will require a roll back so do not even feel motivated to hunt the rares that are currently up.
    DemarMT likes this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

They better not roll back. They should just consider it an xp bonus for those of us that die a lot. :)
  8. Bolburbonecrunch Journeyman

I smell a rollback.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hope they leave it as a reward for all the downtime, I've been doing TS all afternoon so I hope I don't get rolled back.
  10. Mcbaine New Member

If they do a rollback it's going to have to be for more than just this. Getting a little exp is not game breaking enough to warrant a full rollback
  11. Elyee Lorekeeper

All EverQuest Live Servers are currently being brought offline on Thursday, May 21, 2020 for an emergency update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 3 hours.

Updates or changes to this downtime will be posted in the thread below. We apologize for the inconvenience.

12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The corpses aren't a new thing, it's been happening for quite some time and been reported before.
  13. svann Augur

I blame necros
  14. Herf Augur

Necros were now overpowered. They were so powerful that their tears could rez an entire server all at once. But they never cry now.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I saw a necro rez Field of Bone so hard, it turned into Field of Scale...:eek:
    Herf likes this.
  16. Funky Augur

and not a single screenshot of the corpses??
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Definitely a bug. I had zero corpses when I logged out two days ago. Logged in and hit expedient recovery and 11 corpses popped at my feet. I was already max level so no change there. But saw others reporting gains of reg XP gains ranging from 10% to 90%. Some leveled from the rezzes.

Rollback necessary.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

[IMG]
    Herf and Funky like this.
  19. Dragoncommander New Member

My Opinion Is That The Other Players Need To Stop Acting So Entitled I Mean Seriously Things Happen.
  20. Dragoncommander New Member

The Same Exact Thing I Saw In Plane Of Knowledge While I Was On My Way To Castle Mistamoore