Copying UI/Hotkeys/Macros to another computer

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by OldRodKS, Mar 22, 2019.

1. OldRodKS Elder

What's the easiest way to copy your UI layout, hotkeys and macros over to a new installation? Is it just as simple as copying the INI files?

I see eqclient.ini and UI_char_server.ini, and some that look like loot window settings, etc.

If I copy all the INI files over, will that get everything?
  2. Scorrpio Augur

Anything under uifiles folder and yeah, the files you mentioned.

You probably want to copy the char_server.ini files a well.
    OldRodKS likes this.
  3. OldRodKS Elder

4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5. svann Augur

The stuff I backup:
    /myui
    /userdata
    eqclient.ini
    name_server.ini
    UI_name_server.ini
    Fallfyres and OldRodKS like this.
  6. Buri Augur

Here's how I do it, real easy to remember:
    go into your main EQ file (if you don't know how, just right-click on your EQ shortcut and choose "open file location"). Do a search for your main toon's name. Copy all files with their name in it (you can omit the log files if you wish). Put those files on a flash drive. Repeat the process for your alts. Paste all these files to the new computer/install in the same directory, and you're done.

You'll still have to move some windows around, but if it's a new computer, chances are you're gonna be using a different screen size/resolution anyway, so they're gonna be in different places.
    Fallfyres and OldRodKS like this.
  7. OldRodKS Elder

Thanks everyone!
  8. Patrista New Member

Does anyone know the one specific file that has the hotkey info in it. I have everything in the UI that copied over fine but the hotkeys are blank.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

It's all text, you can email it

if I recall, the data wan't in EQ file location, but local machine app data

Like file explorer C:/Users/Public/Daybreak Game Company/installed games/everquest/userdata for audio triggers / hotkeys etc
  10. Zunnoab Augur

Just copy the installation outright. You don't need to "install" anything. I haven't "installed" EverQuest in over 15 years most likely. It's nice others have helped you with the question, but it's much easier to just copy everything.

I just realized the original post was years ago...