Copying layouts from one char to another?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bobokatt07, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

Hi all. If I am posting this in the incorrect forum please feel free to move it.

I have one character on my account and I have the layout perfectly set up the way I like it. My chat boxes are all set up, what goes to what, where, size, filters etc. When I then log in my other toon, and I try to copy the layout from the original character, clicking all the options, it seems to copy over most things, everything looks good, but all my chat boxes are default, what goes where etc. Also my combat abilities are blank. Where or what files do I need to copy over or more importantly where is this info stored in our eq directory? Is there a specific file set? thank you
  2. Tobynn Augur

Found within the main EQ directory,
    eqclient.ini ⇒ this file contains general game settings (graphics, hits modes, colors, key mappings, and other stuffs)
    yourname_yourserver.ini ⇒ this file contains socials/hotkeys
    UI_yourname_yourserver.ini ⇒ this file contains specific UI settings

Found within the userdata sub-folder,
    Abilities_yourname_yourserver.ini ⇒ this file contains combat abilities

I you want to duplicate your UI on a different character on same server, copy the file and change only the character name segment of the file names.
  3. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

Tobynn, thank you so much. This worked 100%. I don't know what to say. You made my day. Very kind of you for taking the time to write that out. It worked flawlessly. Cheers mate.