Cool things

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Jul 15, 2022.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are a ton of unknown tricks, short cuts or little known cool things in the game so thought an uplifting post that does not talk about cheaters, boxers, botters, blah blah blah would be a nice change. Hopefully there is no way to start an argument or debate that goes on for 15 pages in this post:D

So in Feerott the Dream did you know if you follow the campfires that it is usually a safe path to HOT. So if you don't have an invis just stay in alignment with those when running to zone.

Do you have any cool tips?
    Wdor, Fanra, Dre. and 3 others like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If you get snared, you can still strafe at full speed. Furthermore, on a mount, strafing is not affected by the "slow mount acceleration".
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Ixnay on the afestray!
    Thunderkiks and MacDubh like this.
  4. Paladin Augur

Things that potentially can help reduce lag a bit, particularly on raids...

/hidemodels all (/hidemodels none -- after the raid, to reverse this)
    /hidemodels pets (/hidemodels none -- after the raid, to reverse this)
    /log off (can't do this if using GINA) (log on -- after the raid, to reverse this)
    Alt J and turn off your journal (Alt J and turn it back on -- after the raid, to reverse this)
    Alt O -> Display and turn off Show Pet Names (turn it back on the same way, after the raid)
    Alt O -> Display and turn off Show Pet Owner Names (turn it back on the same way, after the raid)
    /shownames 1 (/shownames 4 -- after the raid, to reverse this)
    Hobitses, minimind and Nennius like this.
  5. Paladin Augur

If you are trying to find a location on the Map that you don't all ready have marked, and the guide you are using tells you the location....

Don't spam the /loc command trying to get there.

Instead, use the /waypoint command!

If the Guide says go to 500, -500, 25... use the command: /waypoint 500, -500, 25

Either a yellow trail will appear to follow, or an 'X" will be placed on your map.

(It works like Find does, but for a location.)
    Vumad, eqgamer, demi and 18 others like this.
  6. Conq Augur

"... use the command: /waypoint 500, -500, 25
    Either a yellow trail will appear to follow, or an 'X" will be placed on your map.
    (It works like Find does, but for a location.)"
    I was today years old when I learned a new thing in Everquest that I've never used! Thanks "Paladin". Ew, never thought I'd thank a paladin...
    Conq
  7. Tucoh Augur

I like that I can use stick figures. Saves a ton of FPS on my boxes.

[IMG]
    Vumad, Jamazar, Tatanka and 2 others like this.
  8. minimind The Village Idiot

Same. Life changed.
    Dre. and Paladin like this.
  9. bobbin Elder

Shift left or right arrow will move your cursor in the text input line.
    Or is it control? One of the two.
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It's a fairly new feature that was added this year, I believe.

As far as tips...
    You can autorun backwards by holding back and hitting enter. You can also auto-turn with left/right and the same process. Or you can run in a circle automatically :p
  11. Conq Augur

Some goodies off top:
    1) <Shift + Ctrl> will search the bazaar for whatever item you've <Shift + Ctrl>'d.
    2) <Shift + Alt> will search the barter menu for whatever item you've <Shift + Alt>'d.
    3) /alt buy 5104 will buy a "Mythic Glyph of the Dragon Scales V", so a macro that says:
    /alt buy 5104
    /alt act 5104
    /alt buy 5104 - That will fire and buy another new glyph in one button.
    Conq
    Vumad, Coagagin, Ozon and 2 others like this.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

Yes, I did know. But did you know that it is much saver to zone into The Feerrott instead and then click on the statue down by the river ? The PC will appear right beside the HoT zone line.
    Vumad likes this.
  13. Loup Garou De loop de loop

I am lost on this. Which Feerrott are you talking about? Do you zone into the old Feerott zone and then look for a statue by the river?

Since the river runs across the entire zone where is the statue? I could not find the statue in either Feerott

But then said statue will zone you over to the new Feerott the Dream? And will zone you in down by the door to the Grounds?
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's down at the south end, along the zone wall, just west of the river.

And, yes, I'm pretty sure it's in old Feerrott, zones you to new Feerrott, and then HoT zoneline is very close by.
  15. minimind The Village Idiot

What the? How the...? Why haven't I...?
  16. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Great directions, found it! Thank you Tatanka.

Statue looks like the one in Stoneroot or one of those zones (can't remember which) and has 3 NPC just setting near it. None of them are on find.

Might use it in the future but the campfire path suggested for the actual Feerott the Dream also takes you right past the merchants so might want to stick with that if your doing stuff in the middle of the zone.

My cool tip is that there is a "search" function on the map. If you just click the button that says "search" then it will list stuff in the zone, like tradeskill containers and NPC that are not on find etc. But it will also show anything you have put a label on thru edit on map.

If you actually type an NPC Mob name in search then it will show the results on the left, and mark the map with where it is.

Handy to keep my houses in neighborhood sorted since I have all my plots labelled with stuff like Silks & Pelts or Collects or bows etc. and just clicking search will show the labels so I can click and go to that specific house.
    Tatanka likes this.
  17. Zunnoab Augur

Nice.

The bazaar ones especially. I had no idea
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

slightly OT:
    windows key + d will minimize all windows so you can see your desktop
    Fanra, eqgamer and CatsPaws like this.
  19. OldTimeNewbie Journeyman

I'll add this one because of how embarrassingly long it took me to realize, but the permanent AA buffs you get from gear (e.g., Shadow of Knowledge) use a buff slot but have no effect, so you can remove them to free buff slots.
    Loup Garou likes this.
  20. Zunnoab Augur

And doing it a second time will restore them too.
    Svann2 likes this.