cool druid names

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by thisistheend, Jun 15, 2020.

1. thisistheend New Member

Would love to listen to some druid name suggestions?

I am really at a blank, so need help from the community,

thx, -noname.
  2. Cydonia Elder

Treeshlong
    Pelrond and Fiddling like this.
  3. birdsong_pawn Augur

Arrtwodeetwo or Seethreepeeoh. Wait, these aren't the druids I'm looking for.

Sorry, no help here. Nature stuff?
    Ulain likes this.
  4. Sagarmatha Augur

I once saw a Druid called Treenough. I liked that one.

I also use Google translate when I'm stumped for an alt's name. Some examples for "Tree:" Coeden (Welsh), Pokok (Malay), Arbo (Esperanto), Rukha (Punjabi). Due to the nature of translating languages, it's not always exact, so check it in reverse as well, but it's a fun tool to play with.
  5. Broozer Augur

Hardwood
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Thisisthebeginning.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

Rockouotwithyourstalkout
  8. Grove Augur

On Bristlebane, I have the best Druid name ever, especially for a Wood Elf. However, as I never want to have a dreaded x at some unforeseeable future time, I will not mention it.
  9. PraimFaya Journeyman

The first character that I ever created Day 1 Minute 1 in 1999 was a druid named Paranon

I pulled it from one of my all time favorite books, The Sword of Shannara.

Paranor = The Druids Keep
    Allanon = The druid at the center of the book

smashed together = Paranon

Still have him to this day.
  10. Fluid Augur

I've always liked two part names. Something like Morning then when you hit level 20 and get a surname Wood.<sic>

Walter's last name is Wego. Dates back to reading a manual for a Rainbird adventure game in ~1985. A blurb like 'chose your alter ego name' and Walter Wego made appearances in just about every venue I've played since. A bit trite, a bit juvenile, but then that's me.
    Cydonia likes this.
  11. Garmr Augur

Had a halfling druid I rarely played 20 years ago, but loved the name.

Drift Wood

ymmv
  12. Verily Tjark Augur

My druid is Heckin Doggo
    Tucoh and code-zero like this.
  13. Hegsheoshed Augur

Durangoxcv
    Bibbit Diddit
    Stirculious
    Rifisfor
    Riphizphor
    Reede Flemming
    Feralassling

Bibbit is the only one I have created. The others I am just doing as part of my thought process.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Loads of ways to seek inspiration, one method is the two-factor system used for those silly "what Rock band name would you be in" where you take the letter of your first name & last name from one of the two columns below.

Websearch tree names, or Latin names for those trees, animals that live in them or places they can be found & you have a decent starting point for some, messing around with the spelling may be fun too.

Here's some I pulled out from my own search for some examples:

Oleander Poisonleaf
    Hornbeam Sturdyroot
    Silverbirch Greybeard
    Aspen Frost
    Rowan Pleacher
    Gemel Twintrunk
  15. Eidetic New Member

Drewid(Male) or Drudah (female).
  16. Enigman New Member

I have never been great at coming up with good names for my characters, although I am generally happy with ninety percent of the names I have managed to think up (including the two characters who I gave up on and gave them names from literature).

I have noted though that in virtually every case, I have found players with names that are sentences or phrases are the poorer players I have grouped with, so I avoid that at all costs.
  17. Player Two Augur

Throbbingwood
    Threesome
    Feetlick
  18. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

My Druid on Vox is named "Drubarrymore", human with blue eyes and bobbed blond hair.
  19. Raidarr Journeyman

Druidcarey
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

Moldywood