cool-aid

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by woo woo, Aug 3, 2015.

1. woo woo Journeyman

Do not drink this revised raid cool-aid.

1. Yes raid mobs are harder (in the wrong way).
    Now, every guild building up to beating these mobs is set back 2 months. Meanwhile, guilds that have been farming easy mode for almost two months are enjoying the loots they have been denying everybody else while we have to figure out a new, workable strat for defeating POTime level mobs. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID and easy way out for DBG. Instance this stuff for god's sake and leave alone the mechanics and difficulty.

2. Yes they have enforced rotations (wrong move again). You now have 5-7 people on each server determining who can kill what and when.....STUPID. If you want to kill an open world mob you have to go put your name on some F**cked up spreadsheat...... IS THAT A JOKE????? Is that the best you can do.......I can't help but laugh about this.

3. You have no idea how this game works from a player perspective. This is only the beginning of a long bout of heartburn for you.

Stop jacking with stupid crap and start working on instancing ANY content that is applicable to progression or your progression player base will keep going down like I know you are already seeing.

Player vs Player = bad competition
    Player vs Environment = good competition

How many years will it take to learn this?
    Drexll likes this.
  2. Elkay Augur

Yeah I'm bowing out until the next round of servers to see what they bring. Neither server are really what I'm looking for. Too much negativity and drama.
  3. Finley Augur

I'd love raid instancing, but two devs have said it will take a lot of time to do (Including one talking to me directly in an email). So while I do want it, and we should keep asking for it, stomping your feet and getting angry doesn't help.
  4. Iila Augur

5. Freki Augur

ok so you don't like the "NEW" and yet you seem to support the older one... that means this post is not even something to be considered. here is a point in fact. in the 2000-2005 time frame there were rotations, they were locked in, no chance to change it, no real chance to get on the list till the guilds on there didn't care about the targets. guess what, one guild said FU to the raid calendar (read rotation) on prexus and it got bad. so here is the deal:

rotations are good for those on it, and when there is a way to get on it, they are good for the server. TO A POINT! once the rotations get too many guilds it gets to be bad. well there are things that can be done here to fix that because people ARE working with it, people are getting their voices heard and listened to. this IS A GOOD THING!

You have NO IDEA or you DO NOT REMEMBER what it was like before during this.... and YES I do know how this game works from a player perspective.... I've been a player and a guide before since 2001! I saw the game before instancing. I saw TIME before the revamp. I saw naggy after the level 52 limit was imposed but not before.I saw vox much the same. What is different now vs then? RESPECT. the community in this game is mostly crap now. it's full of greedy people that will play 6 accounts to make money IRL. no longer does anyone role play. no longer does anyone ENJOY the game (there are those that WILL do that).

This is what is wrong with the progression server. people that don't WANT to give up what they have and end up whining to get it again. a SWTOR instance: during beta Bioware said NO! we are not doing a dungeon finder like wow has/(had at the time)! the BETA (several years of alpha and beta) players cheered, those waiting for it cheered! everyone wanted it to be new, innovative and not a wow clone. Once it launched, everyone cheered it on as a GREAT launch! smooth as heck!!!! woot! now gimmie my GROUP/DUNGEON finder like wow! GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!!!! and when bioware came back again said we already said NO and you all wanted that now you want this? NO! people quit... people stopped paying (all within a month, they had over 1 million accounts on game launch week or something close) so they added it and did a damn good job in how they did it. made their own, not just a clone of blizzard's work.

TL;DR: the communit for the most part is GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE! oh I got it... GIMMIE MORE (or it SUCKS GIMMIE SOMETHING ELSE!) that is the problem in mmo's today.
    Stones likes this.
  6. RainbowTest Augur

If you were a long time player and not a TLP only player you would be well aware of just how much of a blatant lie the no instancing possible statement was.
    tofu stir fry likes this.
  7. lalaloup Augur

Weren't there a couple instances of that happening on prexus?

I'm not looking to dredge up old drama, but from what I remember one of the occurrences spawned a couple 'griefer' guilds that - while deeply annoying for a while - turned out a lot of good memories. It was a major pain in the at the time, but added a lot of flavor looking back.
  8. Finley Augur

If they're actually lying, what is the hold out? Does Daybreak think instancing will upset the server? I'd love to be able to log in and off at set times.
    Elkay likes this.
  9. Machen New Member

Clearly they hate the players and want you all to suffer.
  10. Finley Augur

Sadly, I think some players do believe this.
  11. Detheb Augur

This, I personally played on servers with no rotations, and while being a PITA, especially at the time, give me some pretty fond moments. Hell, some of my favorite memories in EQ were on Fippy and the absolute ***tstorm that server was. Full of good times, that i can talk to people that were against me at the time(Read: Any non-tl guild on Fippy) and laugh at.

Look, i'm far from being an apologist for the Developers at this stage. They've made some incredibly bad decisions pertaining to this server(And other servers in the past), but I truthfully believe them, because the problems with instancing are easy to spot.

1. Have to create a new NPC with new dialogue just to get an instance.
    • Where do you put the instancer for PoHate/Fear/Sky? In those Planes? Outside of those planes? Where for Naggy and Vox? In SolB and Permafrost, or outside? What about Yael and Phinny? Deep in Kedge/The Hole?
    2. What is required for access to instances?
    • Do you have to kill a specific mob to gain access to instances?
    • Is it a tiered system(Like one i've suggested in the past), where you have to kill Phinny/Yael to unlock the next tier of mobs and so on?
    • Do you add a quest line to do these? Who is going to work on the quest line?
    3. Where is the developer time coming from?
    • Currently in the middle of a Compansion, do they take time off from making content for Live to address another "non-issue" on TLPs?
    • How long will it take them to discuss things such as lockout timers, expedition numbers, buffed mobs or non-buffed mobs, minimal numbers to zone in, should loot be no-drop or droppable?

Thats 3 big issues i can come up with off the top of my head. Right now, their focus is on making sure the next Expansion(Campaign) for EverQuest is up to par with prior expansions that were not universally on. Thats a drastic undertaking considering they're working with less than 50% of their prior staff.
    Raelsmar and Elkay like this.
  12. Freki Augur

actually yes i was referring to prexus as that is my home server. :)
  13. tofu stir fry Augur

one of the said guilds who broke rotation was <stasis> . after trying for a long time to get into rotation with <KTF> and <Unity>. im sure many remember the day the rotation was broken. the old prexus msg boards were burning like the towering inferno. it did create some great memories. but it also made people realize the monopoly that was held by two guilds over rotations and how they were hoarding everything for themselves. to this day I applaud the leaders in stasis for doing what they did. and am proud to say i had a part in it =) my involvement was short lived but still very memorable thanks for the reminder lalaloup =)
  14. Freki Augur

I remember that well too... and ktf and unity and i believe NO was holding the strangle hold... and it ended up working out but also remember back then reputation was paramount. and it evened out in the end. difference here is it wasn't a bad thing the rotation existed, the problem really was there was no way to get into it. here in what is being discussed there ARE ways to do so. but the problem is the first one only had so many people with it and the second had more with it... and no one wants to back down. :(
    tofu stir fry likes this.
  15. tofu stir fry Augur

yeah forgot about nameless order. been so many years now hehe. trying to avoid referencing the positives of instancing, but its unavoidable... all this grief and BS/drama went the way of the dinosaur when GoD came out and time was instanced. either everyone has a shot at raid mobs or everyone gets there own raid mobs ........ problem solved. this was the lesson learned by verant/sony during velious... why cant DBG ....
  16. RandomStrategy Augur

This......This is why I always imagined battles between Entire Guilds over issues in zones like Qeynos Hills, the Karanas, etc....

Which begs the question, why isn't this available as an option to settle disputes?
  17. tofu stir fry Augur

guild wars were an option at one time way back when. not sure about now. iirc the Gms would flag guild memberships for a set amount of time and anyone with said tags were fair game? again im not claiming 100% accuracy but i do remember seeing this back in the day between <triton> and <Rising Ascension> wayyyy back when
  18. Uliadyen1337 Journeyman

The Stasis/PDF video was probably the best part about the breaking of the rotation.. good times!
  19. RainbowTest Augur

I totally understand that you have concerns about that stuff but are you aware that they currently already have some of your issues taken care of on live? All key areas have a harbinger that you can speak to and hand in an item to spawn so thats the npc/location of npc solved. Furthermore dialoque is not that big of a dev hour commitment. And most importantly are you aware that they have currently REDONE the entire raid encounter system for classic, planes, and kunark? When they could have been tweaking the harbingers and putting in a gatekeeper quest or system instead for the CLASSIC experience instead of the "NOT CLASSIC" experience we have now for raids? Furthermore There already is an expedition with vox and an expedition with Nagafen in them and since its so simple to tweak how hard a mob hits for why couldn't they do that with the existing expeditions that used vox and naggy? Furthermore theres the DDD/GGG/DeDeDe tasks that could have been tweaked or asssets used from to do Inny, Draco, the golems, and CT. People who have never played past PoP are completely clueless to what I am saying but seriously guys, they are purposely misleading you all for the krono agenda. Locking out the late game droppables to 99% of the players generates krono purchases. We should not have to buy kronos we're paying subscriptions to play on the server that is not a legit business model that is...as I've said many times now, the WORST PAY TO WIN MODEL that has ever been in an MMO and its behind a subscription model of all places.

They are gouging us for money when we should already not have to pay more since we're paying a monthly fee to even play. This is 100% not right.

Here is how funny the amount of effort they went to prevent instancing, there attempt to keep it open world but only in the base instance BROKE the very instances of vox and naggy I just referred to where we now have to wait for the august patch to even play now. Its mind numbing how close they are to being able to simply flip a switch and yet they refuse to because the second instancing happens Bye bye krono sales. Kronos should ONLY be traded and marketted on the free to play servers NOT the pay to play servers it is unbelievably wrong to promote this nonsense to their PAYING subscription customers. If you want to RMT and maintain armies you should have to do that on a free to play server first and THEN play your armies on the subscription servers.
    Fallfyres and tofu stir fry like this.
  20. lalaloup Augur

"puh puh puh pee dee ef"

I swear that song pops into my head every time I log on the forums here.