Convertible Items - Slash command?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Jul 14, 2019.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would love to see a slash command to convert items implemented in a similar fashion to /useitem.

Could call it /useitem convert

Usage would be precisely the same as /useitem.

/useitem convert 32 0

Which would simply convert that item to the next allowable item. Highly useful for TBL's wishing lamp, Zueria Slide, evolving items, etc.

Thanks for your consideration!
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

If you cannot check the box for an evolving item … I'm not sure you deserve the upgraded item. Besides, imagine how many /petitions would be sent asking where their augs were...

You, I, or anyone (including even the devs possibly) have no idea how hard this would be to implement. Given there are only really two items that would use this … no … please don't spend any time on this.

If you want to help yourself, use a hotbar and place each version of the lamp (or slide) on it. You will always be able to tell which one is active by which hotbar button is not grayed out. Want to convert to the next one? Just right click the current active and inspect and hit the button. And the new version will already be on your hotbar ready to click.
    Axxius likes this.
  3. Greymantle Augur

There is a workaround for these that works, find an empty hotbutton set. Put the drop in icon for the first lamp in a slot, convert it, put the second in the slot beside the first,convert again put the variation next to second. Now to use, click the active one, to convert , inspect the item from the hotbutton, convert it, click the appropriate version.
    Works with the slide to, just takes more slots and more time as there are more selections.

Saves having to paw through your bags looking for them.And doing it this way , you don't have to pick it up and then replace it. The click convert from the hotbutton just activates the next icon/button in the sequence.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This was more for the port items. Thanks for sharing your point of view.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am already doing this. I need more space due to whack-a-mole game design.