Convert the item to get a tradeskill usable item

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drewie, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Drewie Augur

Does anyone know what that means ? This mention appeared recently on previously TS-usable items like Fine Hide Tome for example :

[IMG]

There is no Convert link on the item, and it doesn't combine in my Prayer Writing Kit.
  2. Luvmy New Member

Has anyone answered this? I'm curious how to convert old phased out research/tradeskill items with this tag also, and my searches have only pulled up this post.
  3. Dzarn Developer

Looks like there was a bug with a semi-related change.

Some months ago a large number of items that were previously usable in tradeskill combines were changed to include a note that they are no longer used in tradeskills.

With this patch a change went in to streamline item conversions that Caerlyna in the Bazaar would perform. This was primarily converting bag tokens into bags but she would also convert some deprecated items that fell into the 'no longer used in tradeskills' category into usable items.

The description on 'no longer used in tradeskill' items that can't be converted will be fixed for the March patch.
  4. Tillweed New Member

@DZarn,
    Looks like this vendor is gone...
    Cannot find Caerlyna in the Bazaar at all. Not even in the FIND tool.
    Where can we go now to turn in bag tokens and the convert trade items?
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There was also Realnyna in Crescent Reach.

Edit oh I see:

Both of these NPCs have been removed. With the addition of the "Convert" button to container tokens, seems they no longer served any purpose

from allah on a search for which NPC do the conversions.
    Tillweed likes this.
  6. Tillweed New Member

Thanks for the reply on this. I guess the items I have are part of the group to be corrected in patch. If they do not have the "Convert" button they are in fact still usable trade skill items.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I am just confused since it appears from the comments under Realnyna that she and the other were removed but Dzarn doesn't mention it was on purpose. We will see ;)
  8. GoldenFrog Augur

I've read and re-read this thread 4 times - still don't understand whats going on with these items