Content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deckerd Smeckerd, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Falos Augur

After he went on his rampage and started attacking mobs in his full powered form I decided to pet attack him thinking i would NP NP be able to kill him.

He killed my pet in a single hit, summoned me then killed me too. He hits for oveer 450k which i believe makes him the 2nd hardest hitting npc in the game, hardest hitting outside of a raid instance.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The Sleeper originally was more of a script that ran once all 4 of the warders in the zone where killed and it was just something special for a server to see once upon the completion of he zone, as for the time when he was beat that happened because there was a bug at the time that disabled npc regeneration otherwise he would have regenerated to fast for any number of players to beat him.
  3. Shang Augur

Sleeper today would drop jewelry, silk, and ore.
  4. Uxtalzon Augur

A place with level 120 mobs would have almost no melee classes there, except to tag along for the experience and maybe to grab aggro and/or die. All the kiting classes would be there though, unless mobs summoned. lol
  5. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I agree with the OP. I expect the EQ Developers do too. It's just a lack of resources to test such content thoroughly enough that the content is balanced not only today, but for the next several expansions too. One mistake would have the playerbase outfitted in gear 4 expansions ahead of current content and bored of the easy game.

Players that don't fear character death, and yearn to prevail in the most difficult encounters are extremely rare, and don't pay the bills to keep the lights on.
  6. Malachi Augur

I have the same kind of fascination. It might be some kind of psychosis; but the above bold always sounds like a fun adventerous time. But I also realize that sometimes anything that takes time away from people's usual routine and grind will severely be met with some sort of negative reaction. These days its about efficiency due to time constraints.
    Pirlo likes this.
  7. Vouivre Augur

Only one of the mobs you mentioned was a raid mob. Please no more open raid mobs, if you want to put in some wandering higher level mobs in the zone fine, but no more raids.
  8. roguerunner Augur

Open raid mobs in this day and age is a horrible idea
    Vouivre likes this.
  9. iniari-TR Augur

Big Bad Bosses !! :p
  10. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

We had harder content during undefoot. Almost every one complained it was too hard.
    Vouivre likes this.
  11. Kreacher Augur

We're level 100 now. Which Group monster is unbeatable atm with lvl 80's?