Consuming Krono to get Station Cash

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lexx42, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Lexx42 New Member

I'd like to buy things for the next TLP, like these 40 slot bags, and I have kronos, and in WoW you can use the equivalent for kronos to get wow's version of station cash.
    Has such a thing been considered for EQ?
    With what's happening with the EQ2 lootboxes, I'm honestly surprised this isn't a thing yet, I would have expected they realize how much potential profit they're missing out on.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Suggested before dozens of times.
    No is the correct answer.

They are separate revenue streams.
    Krono was created to make money from RMT, to get a slice of a "pie" that was not avilable to them previously.
    Daybreak Cash is a direct revenue stream which has no direct involvement with RMT.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. brickz Augur

The bag packs are not for sale for daybreak cash even if you could
    Fhiele likes this.
  4. Vewdue Elder

Yeah, the TLP Bag Packs are only available with cash, not the Daybreak Coins.

This has been brought up and suggested many times, I don't get why they won't do it. They used to sell the "Game Cards" which were good for either 30 days of play time or 1500 DBC. Before they introduced Krono's, this was one of the main ways people sold items/plat for cash. I would think they would want to get some of the existing krono's off their "Liability" sheets and making them give DBC instead of just game time would be an easy way to help get existing krono's off the books. It doesn't really cost them anything since all you can get from them are items that they've already created and they still got the money from the original krono sale, which is more than the 1500 DBC would have cost buying them directly.
  5. abra_ka-milkshake New Member

Why do you see Krono are a liability to DBG? I understand a Krono means a commitment to a monthly subscription, but I expect they've sold hundreds of thousands of Krono that were bought for in-game currency rather than subscriptions.

If they closed the EQ servers tomorrow, are they liable to reimburse players or will Krono die with the servers? Maybe that's in the fine print somewhere :)

To decrease the potential revenue of DBG Store sales by allow Krono trade-in would be a bad commercial decision for DBG, but yeah sure a nice thing for players. Perhaps the Krono trade-in should be taxed heavily... like 1000 cash with RMT = $10, 1 Krono = 500 cash...
  6. code-zero Augur

Unused Krono do not constitute any sort of liability that would require action to "clear".

As for game cards, at one time you could get double Station Cash or even triple I think. Cards might be bought at a discount! I did it myself and had characters subbed for less per month using saved cards.

Darkpaw/Daybreak knows that people will leverage anything and everything based on past actions and there is no motivation at all to allow Krono hoarders to cash out on the Marketplace. Why would they?
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If Everquest shut down krono would still be useable in the other all access games which include Everquest 2, Planetside 2 and DC Universe Online and they can add other games to that list as existing ones get shut down. No reason to think about what to do with krono as long as there are games that can still be subscribed to with them.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Unused Krono actually are an asset. The company has received revenue without providing a service as in the subscription time.

If Kronos are sold and ultimately fade away into the sunset without getting consumed it is a huge W.
  9. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Careful with logic around here, someone's bound to hit you with the "spaghetti code" eventually, regardless of relevance to topic. Praise be to Brad.
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I think they should sell krono for 2250 DBC, and redeem them for 1250 DBC; extra profit on both ends.
  11. Lexx42 New Member

I hope they remember to put the packs on DBC as well.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They give away 500 free DBC each month to subscribers which means people could buy them for free every 5 months and they would see no profit from that.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. code-zero Augur

It's like some people don't understand the purpose of Krono
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I don't think you know what 'free' means.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. code-zero Augur

Daybreak put a fair amount of effort into separating DBC from anything that could be exchanged in game. There is no way for me to give you any sort of marketplace items or DBC at all as you can no longer even purchase game cards as you once could do.

Krono were designed to be exchanged in game by players for in game items and a fair amount of thought was put into that.

Two entirely separate things that never touch each other at all

Given that there were obviously problems with the previous game card system why would anyone believe that DBG has any motivation to ever recreate the potentials for those problems to return?
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are getting that as an added bonus as part of your subscription that didn't used to exist and the price hasn't changed. You also get it if you use krono to sub and you can get that with in game currency and pay nothing.

You are not paying for the DBC and you get it as a bonus.
  17. Captain Video Augur

This is not entirely correct. The 500 DBC bonus (formerly 500 Station Cash bonus) was started in April 2014, when they revised the terms of the All-Access subscription and reduced its price from $19.99/mo to $14.99/mo. So, the company has actually been paying you $5/mo to take their DBC.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Fhiele Augur

Well there are really bad bags available for station cash. I think at open its 8 slot 10%wr or 10 slot no wr. They are cheap.