Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garwin Lorekeeper

That and start it at classic and I'm 100% happy.
    SweetLaxTho, Iyvy and Barton like this.
  2. Hdizzle Augur

This ^
    Zinth, FubarEQ and SweetLaxTho like this.
  3. Kazz99 Elder

You want a "racing" server then they should remove the AoCs and zone load balancing.....
  4. BUNGBUNGBUNG New Member

Everything about Selo is solid other than the 1 month unlocks. If they went to 2 months it would be perfect. I also really don't want to start in classic again.
    Renshu and Crayon123 like this.
  5. topplelv New Member

Thank you Roxx. I hope the team knows the anger and concern on the forums today is because we love this game.

Please pass my thanks onto the team for giving these issues further consideration. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that is grateful you and your team are keeping this old beast of a game rumbling along.
    FubarEQ, SweetLaxTho and Crayon123 like this.
  6. TimeBreak Elder

LOL, you going to raid it what 4x? You going to spend the first 4 weeks lvl'ing and keying.

Mangler: Increase the xp rate to atleast Agnarr or higher. No one wants slow xp, much less worse that Phinny/Coirnav. Not hardcore, not casual, no one wants to grind forever. Even casual's want to lvl quickly and then do quests which use to be the point of the game EverQUEST.

Selos: Increase expansion opening to 2 or 3 months. The "casual" server is the most hardcore you've ever proposed. 1 month is no time to level, AA, and gear out a guild. Oh but you lowered lockouts. So you wanting people to raid 7 days a week just to keep up with gear before the next expansion replaces it all in 30 days.
    FubarEQ and Barton like this.
  7. Ahze Elder

It isn't going to take 4 weeks to level and key man, the xp is higher not lower. Leveling will be done in a few days. I don't know about keying choices my guild is going to make, but you can expect to do it 3 times a week for 2 weeks certainly, and maybe a few more times on top of that with 2 instances and open world available.
  8. Ahze Elder

Will be more than that even since we will have 6 weeks or so of luclin
  9. Berkwin Elder

lock one TSS OoW SoD any of those expansions. if I get another catch up to live server I don't think I will roll any of the new servers... unless you are giving people Free Character Transfers at any given point.
  10. Quill Augur

Have to agree. I'm fine with the rest, so long as Selo was not True Box. FV loot would be a nice added bonus, but not a showstopper. The one month per xpac is fine. Guess what... if you're ultra-casual, you aint raiding endgame on a two month per xpac either.

True Box, though, basically means I stay on FV for the time being.

If they can't set it so that people can Regular Box a TLP, while making sure bot armies go away, they need to sell the game to someone who can.
  11. Berkwin Elder

well lets make it ultra ultra casual then everyone starts at lvl 55..... that way we all can be raiding in 3 days and not have any sort of 1-60 grindfest just to get a expansion unlocked once we hit cap....
    FubarEQ likes this.
  12. chumpy New Member

U totally rock, roxx! FV loot rules for both servers and we gtg.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  13. TimeBreak Elder

VT keying is toxic the first few weeks of every TLP that hits Luclin, now without the attrition of slogging through classic, Kunark, and Velious you will have even more people competing for FG and ME shards. With that said, I figured 2 weeks to lvl, 2 weeks to complete VT keys, 2 weeks to raid VT at twice per week, and now PoP is open.

Edit: don't forget everyone that wants to get to VT now has to do Emp key also since he's leashed. I'm sure increased rare spawns will help, but again that's a ton of people on top each other trying for limited pieces.
    FubarEQ, Barton and Hdizzle like this.
  14. KegadinIsGod Journeyman

Hardcore things:
    -adding corpse runs back to the game
    -PVP
    -Some take on perma-death (I liked the dead until resurrected idea)
    -Expansion unlocks as soon as content is beaten

Fun things:
    -FV rule set
    -Guildwars

Inconsequential things:
    -Starting era
    -Exp rate
  15. Trevalon Augur

I want to reiterate on this post that if you take Mangelor and make it Fast EXP then it would be a MUCH more successful server. If you remove the worse death penalty and low spawn rates it would be the perfect server for casuals.

Please Daybreak, I worry this may be one of our last chances to play Eq again - I REALLY want to play EQ but if things are not changed for the better then my friends and I won't be playing and it is really a shame, we want to play EQ, give us a reason to play EQ!
    FubarEQ, Pirlo, Jontrann and 7 others like this.
  16. Thalliius Augur

People who play the game thinking that they have to have every BIS item, max level and all AA's before the next expansion comes out are Hardcore. That is a hardcore mindset to basically need to min/max all the time

We only have 1 month? That means we MUST completely EVERYTHING in 1 month!!!

This is because all the self proclaimed "hardcore" from the very start were interested in the ultra casual server.. If you're casual, you don't care that you aren't at the tip of the spear going into every expansion

I wish they would just level out the XP on Hardcore so more people would go to that server.. they got their classic launch, but yikes... slow XP... nobody likes slow XP
    Garnol, Hdizzle and chumpy like this.
  17. Quill Augur

You could give a casual level 60 BiS up-to-Velious gear and they still wouldn't be raiding endgame because they aren't going to go farm the needed keys(Emp Key/VT Key).
    andross77 likes this.
  18. Hdizzle Augur

They aren't far away. Selo's is fine, let it be.

Mangler needs some attention. There is no challenge on the "challenge" server. Rebrand it the slow casual server and go full Ham. Longer unlocks, fast XP, blah blah all the selo's stuff except in classic. Selo can be the server for peeps sick of classic. Longer unlocks and good XP will invite players to REMAIN SUBBED as they will have a server that isn't too advanced to fall back on. I'm trying to make you guys money so you eventually make my GD Ragefire with AOC's server.
    Karowyn, FubarEQ, SweetLaxTho and 2 others like this.
  19. Barton The Mischievous

Please do!! Review it a lot !!!!!!
    1 month unlocks for Selo's - horrible
    Severe exp penalties for Mangler- horrible
    SweetLaxTho and andross77 like this.
  20. Lateryn Augur

No, do not start in classic again. Keep that on mangler, actually do something different please and not cave to the masochist who think doing kunark and classic every other year is fun.

This is why most servers are truebox now, LJ/RF and previous were horrible with people bringing 24-36 characters or more on their own. Even just casual players can easily load up 5-10 EQ instances on their PC and run it with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], so you just had people in their own little groups by themselves and raids were just regular raiders + huge box armies. I'd be fine with allowing everyone 1 box(gives you a lot more flexibility for raids) but seems they can't really code that, its either all or nothing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.