Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezzie Augur

Not sure if you're being insulting or not, guess my critical thinking skills aren't up to scratch. You're lucky I can spell today!
    Here's what I'm thinking, (Simplified it for you)

Slower xp = Less Hardcores
    Less Hardcores = Happier Casuals :)

Faster xp = More Hardcores (ie. both servers (think Krono))
    More Hardcores = Sad Casual :(

Make sense yet? ;)
  2. Thalliius Augur

Selos will be competitive for a select group of players/guilds. Just because a small percentage of the population will turn Selos into a competition where they literally win nothing, not even notoriety because they’re doing it on a CASUAL server, doesn’t mean that the server is now a competitive, hardcore environment. Those guilds will make up less than 5% of the population
    Grogak likes this.
  3. Jezzie Augur

Then why are all those guilds recruiting for the Selo server?
    Every Hardcore guild is going to Selo, Every Hardcore player will be on Selo.
  4. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

am i the only one who wants mangler to be different than coirnav besides just lowering the xp
    Yonson likes this.
  5. Ahze Elder

Right, because the label means nothing. You guys keep wanting to insist the label be correct. Well DBG got that exactly backwards, sorry. Selos is attractive to the hardcores as is. Seek changes to the other server that very few ppl like and leave the one that is liked alone. Relabel it in your heads.
    Renshu likes this.
  6. Stagentti Augur

All you're doing is reinforcing my point that you don't know what you're talking about.

Clarify something for me real quick: do you have 6 years experience or over a decade? Your post got me confused I apologize.

The fact that you think a new FV loot rules server would open with the same environment as FV did at its launch is hilarious. That right there is enough to know you don't know what you're talking about.

Listen to yourself and apply that to someone saying it about any new server.

The playerbase and the game are not the same as they were back then. You get that, right? I don't think you do.

FV has no AoCs. Do you know how those work?

You do realize one guild can't lock down all the raid loot on a server with AoCs like they can on FV, and live servers, right now? Which is what you claim will happen cause it did over 10 years ago. Just one more small example to show your initial post makes no sense and you don't know what you're talking about.

I'll stop there.
  7. taliefer Augur

to be fair, its just as much that mangler is a steaming pile of dung, as it is selos is appealing. theres really only one option.
  8. Jezzie Augur

Well I know you've witnessed how things have played out on previous TLPs. I think casuals will be happy to have that steaming pile of dung when the hardcores tear up Selo
  9. Risiko Augur

I think that the hardcore guilds would have chosen the Selo server no matter what just because of the 1 month unlocks.
  10. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

I think whoever is willing to pay a monthly subscription for a video game that you have already played is pretty hard core, regardless of what difficulty you choose Mangler or Selo

I just know the formula that keeps me coming back is as close to original as possible with quality of life changes, I don't mind if a server dies after PoP or LoY because I stopped playing EQ in 2003 and went to WoW in 2004
  11. Protagonist Tank

Adding my voice: Please strongly reconsider the XP rate for Mangler. Nobody equates slower XP with higher difficulty. Keep the higher death penalty if you want, there's a reasonable argument for that. But you are going to put a pickaxe in the server's brain if it launches with a hamstrung xp rate.
    Iyvy, chumpy, Yonson and 1 other person like this.
  12. Turinbar Augur

they said xp wold be SLIGHTLY lower than cornaiv, so maybe 10 percent. But death penalty will be in the 15 to 20 percent range maybe...ouch...
  13. taliefer Augur

coirnav already tested my limits, and i love classic. id be ready to start at classic again. but with even slower exp at the same unlock rate? thats an easy pass.

the death penalty is meh. will be worst in classic with the death touch mechanic for tanks.
    Yonson likes this.
  14. RandomHero New Member

Can you all stop arguing over who's opinion is right and what you think the majority wants (based on no data)? This thread is for constructive feedback and filling it with your arguments will not convince the dev team of anything but to stop reading it.
  15. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

I think the majority wants a fun server with lots of people to play with. (data = fun)

I think the majority wants to start in classic, they just don't want to sit there in slow xp again like with coirnav/phinny (data = ragefire/lockjaw/phinny/coirnav/agnarr)
    Yonson likes this.
  16. Polekn Augur

I think the majority thinks you are wrong.
  17. Jontrann Augur

God you're ignorant as hell aren't you, people like you and thallius are why we can't have nice things. Everyone has a different opinion so stop saying YOUR opinion is what the majority wants, jesus christ.
  18. Ceffener Augur

Of the 88 people who logged into Twitter in voted, majority want classic.

DBg could run an actual poll and really get a majority instead of people acting like they know something they don’t.
    Risiko likes this.
  19. Thorak1234 Lorekeeper

Please remove the Truebox component from these new servers and I will reactivate my 6 accounts to come play on these new servers.
  20. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

opening these two servers gives people a yes or no option and leaving them with somewhere to go.

I remember during phinny, people were complaining about how long kunark was, I think some customization needs to be done to the unlocks on mangler, like 8 weeks for kunark instead of 12, its just natural this way because the time between kunark and velious was only 8 months instead of the year from classic to kunark
    Iyvy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.