Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northstar Augur

Seems fine to me.. at this point It really doesn't matter, ill most likely play on Mangler. however for the Rush type players this seems to be a good fit.

Edit: just want to play is what I am getting at. thankfully we are getting new TLP's to what others decide to play is up to them, because in the end it keeps people playing EQ
  2. Stagentti Augur

It's not a casual server.

As a casual:

You really think 4 months in you'll be geared up enough to handle the bulk of the content in that 4th expansion? Lol.

You'll be experiencing content months after it comes out.

Raiding? Lol. Have fun on a casuals schedule raiding anything until months after the fact.

And of course people will go "but you don't have to do things in era!!!:

Yes. You don't. Casuals don't care about that. But so many people will be spread out all over with regards to what content and raids they can handle that it isn't going to be some super simple thing like you're pretending it is.
  3. Allizarx Journeyman

Thallius, out of curiosity, why even play a progression server if you intend on playing several expansions behind current progress? Couldn't you just do that on a normal server?
  4. ThenaEQ Augur

stop posting We when you mean YOU. nobody wants classic again.
    Haeldar, TimeBreak, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  5. Remind Journeyman

maybe give mangler the same xp rate as selo, don't take away focuses, and keep death xp rates normal. that will make it more casual. then they can take their time with expansions and selo can knock them out. switch mangler to casual and selo to hardcore. problem solved. making selo every 6 weeks wouldn't hurt either i reckon.
  6. Thalliius Augur

We disagree then. If I was going to predict one of these servers dying it would for sure be Mangler with slow Xp, classic start and somewhat slow unlocks.

Maybe DBG is planning on Selos becoming a live server. There are no live servers to my knowledge that have AOCs, higher rare spawns and faster faction. If anything this will become the most populated live server they have, which would be a huge success for DBG

It’s going to be exciting for at least a year or so, with new expansions coming out every month. Basically after OoW it will all be new to me, so that will keep me interested and subbing on 2 accounts, with regular purchases of XP potions and bag bundles across 2 accounts

They should just make a classic event server for that small niche that resets after SoL or PoP back to Classic. Those people will never be converted into Live EQ customers,they will just keep demanding a reboot of classic. With Selos, there is a legit chance they’ll convert a lot of old timers like me that came back to experience a TLP into Live players who will buy the latest expansions
  7. Master Kahleem Augur

• Starting Era: Classic
    There, i fixed it, you happy?
  8. Stagentti Augur

Except all the people who asked for it before servers were released

But yeah. Keep spamming this garbage on threads.
  9. Polekn Augur

Leave Selo alone please, it is good as it is. We do not want classic start!
    Haeldar, Yinla, yerm and 1 other person like this.
  10. Thalliius Augur

That’s funny, “we” don’t want any of those things
    Haeldar, Pippi Langstrømpe and yerm like this.
  11. Master Kahleem Augur

You didn't get the memo. Literally everyone wants those changes 8)
  12. Ceffener Augur

There are plenty of people who want a classic start. I think most people have agreed Selos should stay how it is, (with debates on LoY). But way more people would be happy if you made Mangler same as Selo with the slower unlocks.

AKA two servers that make different people happy.
  13. Stagentti Augur

People aren't going to jump ship from their current live server to this one. By doing so they leave all their gear and progress benind.
  14. Jezzie Augur

Leave Mangler alone please, it's almost good as it is, just need to re-advertise it as the Casual server
    Wouldn't be opposed to same xp as Phinny though.

everybody complains about how slow the xp is and then we all krank out 20+ levels on a dbl xp weekend.
  15. Master Kahleem Augur

Critical thinking skills are hard.

->If the only playable exp rates is on a double exp weekend, which maybe happens once or twice a year, then the server isn't at a good exp rate to begin with.

Mangler does NOT need bad exp rates. Just give it the same exp rates as Ragefire/Lockjaw on their launches.
  16. vylo Augur

I would love this honestly. Already planning on Selos, but this would make it infinitely more enjoyable.
  17. Leoden New Member

Its no wonder DBG has a hard time figuring this out, the community is all over the place. Some clamoring for FV loot, others for no true box code, others for expansion <insert xpac here> locked, others for different starting eras, the list goes on.

One thing common throughout it all that DBG got right on the Selo server is fast exp. I haven't seen one argument for slow exp.

The Selo rule set is pretty good as is. It just needs a little longer unlock time so it gives people a chance to experience the content and have a real life. That is, if they truly want it to be a casual server.
  18. Thalliius Augur

I don’t play on FV now, I said playED on it for around 6 years.. probly 12+ years ago st this point

What I find funny about your argument is that you’re telling me I don’t know what I’m talking about using my first hand experience of over a decade on a FT server, basically trying to discredit my by saying I don’t play on it now

That actually just strengthens my argument even more. FV has been around 15+ years, so maybe you’re right and it’s not that way anymore... but my experience on FV would be a much more accurate indicator because the new TLP will essentially simulate the FV server all over again from the beginning. So yea, that cesspool I was talking about would definitely exist again and would remain for several expansions, likely past OoW

A New TLP doesn’t have 15 years under its belt to flatten out the economy. It would resemble the FV server of old, not the FV server as it exists today, 15+ years later
    Grogak likes this.
  19. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

i just dont think mangler should be almost an exact replica of coirnav, i thought the scheme was fast/slow/fast/slow in a loop:

ragefire (fast xp) phinny (slow xp) agnarr (fast xp) coirnav (slow xp) mangler (fast xp?)
  20. Mr Nobody Elder

lmao
    Iyvy and Yonson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.