Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northstar Augur

on a live server compared to Agnarr would you pay 120k for a fungus tunic? or 8k on a PoP locked server? no one in there right mind will ever buy a fungus tunic for 120k when there are Mercs. and you can boost to lvl 85.... that is my entire point. the inflation for "TWINK' items is very Skewed to say the least as compared to the 106+ gear... However you start with zones like Ssra VT, NToV and the likes where there is hardly any level restrictions and only Rec. level items with massive Procs... that stuff is going to be rolling for insane amounts IF it were FV rule set. Guaranteed.
  2. ShivanAngel Augur

you are forgetting its nearly double exp... You should easily be able to push 10-15aa an hour on this server in a decent group. 1-60 will take less than 30 hours played more than likely. If you are a completionist and want all AA and max level before the next expansion hits then there hasnt been a TLP for you since...ever...

ALso since when did casual mean completing all content in era? thats a hardcore definition.... Casuals complete the content on their own terms when they can. Completing everything in era isnt casual
    Thalliius likes this.
  3. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Keep Mangler as it is but make it pvp. A carbon copy of Coirnav seems uninspired and boring.
    ECrack likes this.
  4. northstar Augur

HardCore people Cannot compute this concept it isn't in there programing....
    Thalliius likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Selo
    1. Love the idea of starting in Luclin, no more waiting months before I can be a vah Shir. :)
    2. Can we start with and keep the original versions of Everquest, Kunark, Velious etc perminantly? And make it so you cannot force Sleeper to spawn and ruin it for everyone else. (No revamps pretty please)
    2. Six weeks to get to level 60 (especially as the AAs kick in with Luclin) seems a bit fast for the first unlock, but then I don't know how fast the leveling will happen. Unlocking timescale could do with tweaking.
    3. I'd prefer a boxable server, I play weird hours sometimes :)
    4. Seeing lots of calls for FV rules. If you do go down this route I'd like to see the trivial loot code in operation. All of the my experiences on other TLP servers have been ruined by high levels killing in lower level zones.

Personally I see Selo as a group server not a raid server, unlocks are far to quick to complete everything. The fast exp will hopefully allow those with less playtime to stay leveled and AAed to do group content and catch up quickly should they get behind.
  6. Sengir New Member

My feedback about this announcement:

I have several old EQ friends that want to try a TLP and relive old times. The fact that is the 20th anniversary is actually a good marketing for old players to return and give it a try, so I found a few were actually interested. We were waiting for the actual ruleset to make a choice, but everyone wanted to go pretty casual, as they don't had that much time to play anymore. I was talking to them yesterday after the announcement, and no one is joining. Reasons:

- Selos ruleset: The casual server xp is perfect for them, more nameds and faster faction hits are ok, too. The rest of the ruselet is a dealbreaker for them. Starting in Luclin turned them off inmediately, and the 1 months unlock made it even worse. Starting in Luclin was the worst offender by far, as most of them started in Kunark, so skipping the oldest content was a direct "no". We talked about we can do old content ourselves, and go to guk, seb, charasis, etc. but they realized in 3 months they will basically be in GoD and they felt like it was basically over, and while they don't mind trying the new expansions, 1 month unlock felt way too fast. Funny enough, a live server was brought as a better alternative to goof around doing our own progession just for fun.

- Mangler ruleset: They actually liked the ruleset and thought it was reasonable except for the xp. After talking about how the leveling would be, the consensus was that "sounds like a pain" and "Not sure I can commit that much time to level". Coirnav was my fist TLP, so I explained how the leveling was based in my experience. There is still some debate, and some may try this server but the hype is lost. These guys actually wanted to raid, the fact that most of them did not experience most of the raid content back in the day combined with the fact that in TLP raids are scheduled and they felt they could most likely raid 1-2 times a week (sundays and maybe fridays) was pretty exciting.

Obviously we are hardly representative, and no one is expecting to be catered for. We understand that everyone has their own interests and enjoy EQ in different ways, just our 2 cp.
    Gremin and snailish like this.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

So just to be clear, nobody would pay 120k plat for a fungi tunic on FV:

120k plat = about 5% of the value of one krono on FV = about 90 cents

but they would surely pay for a heroic character:

3500 DBC-10% member discount = 3150 DBC = $31.50

Do I have that right?
  8. Mr Nobody Elder

Not sure why some people are against FV loot rules. There are so many options to chose from that don't have it if it is not your thing. The community has been asking for it for awhile now. Its the 20th anniverary.

IF they don't add FV loot to one of the servers....after sleeping on it....I will quietly slip out the back door and move on to other games...taking my time and money with me....just like I did last year. Maybe for good this time. I am sure no one cares but I thought I would just put it out there one more time in hopes they change their mind about FV loot rules.
    chumpy, Risiko and Xanadas like this.
  9. Elite_raider Augur

There are allot of former hard core players that used raid allot, but that now have families and jobs so that they can not invest the time they did before to experience raid content (the Ultra Casuals). These are the people sitting on the fence with disposable incomes that are not coming back to EQ full time because they know that to experience raid content it would take more time then they can put in to a game any more.

The only way to catch this big market of Ultra Casual x-raiders is to make the raids available with what ever mechanic you deem fit (merc's could be an easy fix) for groups of 6 to 24 players. If you don't, that group of former EQ players will probably not come back to EQ. It's the 20th anniversary, EQ is back in peoples consciousness again, if you do not hit this huge market now, there is a good chance you will loose it for ever.
  10. snailish Augur

Didn't trivial loot code fail on FV because it broke quest doing?
  11. snailish Augur

I think we have to stop using the word casual entirely... reading a lot of these posts there are people that would identify themselves as casual with zero interest in raiding.

Selos = go fast server. [whatever that means for you.]

Mangler = ???? so it should be changed to go really slow through time, but not sadistically painful in the effort server [lose the bad XP and extra death penalty. Put in slow unlocks 6 months... or even original release schedule.]
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Xanadas Augur

The lack of a non-truebox server is ridiculous. Ragefire and Lockjaw are past their prime. You have lots of people looking to re-start on a new boxable server.

Staff needs to wake the #$%@# up.
  13. The Great Pink Ogre Elder

I don't see anyone playing on an original release schedule.. and I think most people have learned even 6mo is too long unless you're releasing multiple expansions every time.
  14. Ceffener Augur

Seems pretty obvious any changes will most likely just be in XP or unlock rates. Instead of wasting your time coming up with all these exotic ideas to argue over (which you have been doing for months and obviously were ignored). Probably better for everyone to list Era/Unlock Speed/Xp rate they want and hope devs actually adjust it.
    TimeBreak likes this.
  15. Asheya New Member

I know a million people have posted what they think the servers should have been, but the more voices heard here the better the general consensus will be for DBG.

Bearing in mind that Kunark is essentially Classic 2.0 given that some raid encounters share loot tables and PoSky is very much relevant in Kunark I would have done this:

Casual

• Faster XP/Faction
    • No Truebox
    • FV Loot Rules
    • Kunark start + all Class/Race combinations (Halfling Rangers etc)
    • 3-6 month unlocks
    • Standard 1 week AoC lockouts
    Hardcore
    • Regular XP/Faction
    • Truebox
    • Standard Loot rules
    • Classic Start
    • Content Completion +1-2 weeks unlocks / 6 week unlocks
    • Higher spawn rates on OW targets / 1 week AoC lockouts
    With these rules the casuals can make any toon they desire (minus BST + BER), level and rep grind faster, buy raid loot if they can't raid and box their own alts if they play weird hours.
    Also the hardcore players can race at their own pace EXCEPT to gear up for the next expansion for the competitive edge they will need to race against other guilds in Open World.
    Karowyn likes this.
  16. The Great Pink Ogre Elder

Any class they want... Minus BST or BER. There's still no Guktan/Drakkin either.
  17. Stagentti Augur

Lol guaranteed.

Wrong but thanks for playing.

FV loot rules with AOCs would make prices on the server SIGNIFICANTLY lower. Open world loot AND loot from instances would constantly be flooding the market.

As you have it now boxers and krono farmers can lock down the only good loot and set the prices.

Once you introduce raid gear from open world, EVERY guild's instances AND old raid gear that problem is solved.

Agents of Change make all the difference.

Plus you're worried about stuff you can't even buy right now going for insane prices? Let's say that happens- who cares. You can't buy it on any other server so don't buy it on an FV server. Go get that gear that sells for absurd prices on other TLPs but is cheap now that other no-drop raid gear which is better is on the market.
    chumpy and Risiko like this.
  18. Wolrok Elder

Thoughts: I think people like a lot of Selo’s ruleset, but expansion releases are too fast. Start it on Kunark, and do 2 month expansion launches and I think people will be happier.

Mangler misses the mark though. Why not make the exp and rares more like Selos, boost the item drop rate higher than Selos, but make it the hard mode server? All mobs have permanent haste and Spirit of Wolf and maybe other buffs that make combat more challenging, rather than take longer to level up.
  19. Thalliius Augur

I forgot to mention, kudos for not giving in and adding FV loot rules to Selos

I actually think FV rules might work better on Mangler. That server is going to desperately need some help to attract more players.

Whatever you do DBG, do not change the Luclin start on selos and do not change to FV loot rules... it’s already going to attract to many Try Hards as is, adding classic start and FV will ruin the server that has some potential

I’m excited about actually being able to experience the later expansions after OoW. Cant wait! I’ll be ditching the Ench/Cleric duo box and switching to a Shaman + SK/Monk
    Grogak and Yinla like this.
  20. Thalliius Augur

That would be the equivalent of torture. I’d rather get water boarded than do the classic trilogy again for 9 months, especially with slower XP lol

Just put me into a tiger cage out in the Vietnam jungles instead
    Haeldar and TimeBreak like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.