Constructive feedback on Mangler and Selo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sethiroth Augur

For me, Selo would be perfect, with three or four month unlocks. The one month unlocks are absolute deal breakers. You can’t do anything worth doing in four weeks, it’s gonna be a cluster f**k.

As for mangler. With super slow exp, the server will be dead from the start. No one wants slow exp, again, deal breaker.
  2. Sethiroth Augur

It’s supposed to be a casual server. How are casual players getting ANYTHING done inside four weeks?
  3. Planeofhaters New Member

Selos (HC):
    -Starts in Classic or Velious
    -Double exp rate
    -No Agent of Change, but significantly increased open world raid spawns to compete over
    -Boxing in all forms allowed
    -FV loot rules
    -Six to eight week unlocks for expansions that increase level caps

Mangler (Casual):
    -Starts in Classic
    -Agnarr exp
    -Agent of Change with decreased lockouts
    -True Box
    -Standard loot rules
    -Three month expansion unlocks
    -Increased respawn rate of epic bottlenecks
    Risiko and spud89 like this.
  4. azathoth.elder New Member

That was what was so shocking to me. A "casual" player maybe has a couple hours every couple days, perhaps 3-4 on a weekend. And then DBG says the "casual" server has monthly unlocks... talk about out of touch with an actual casual player.
  5. Silinius Augur

Thinking about this a bit more:

Hardcore:
    • Remove the double xp death penalty
    • Instant unlock on content clear
    • Free Trade Loot as the hook to keep people interested
    • If you are feeling VERY generous, keep AoCs but remove Truebox
    I can promise you that at minimum, you'll end up with 10 larger guilds rolling on this server for the long term with the above.

Casual:
    • Increase unlocks 3 months
    • Reduce xp rates to those of Lockjaw / Ragefire
    • Increase AoC Raid lockouts to 6.5 days
    • Could toss in Free Trade Loot if you want to do something unique.
    This will appeal to the casual crowd who wants to take a bit of time and doesn't feel like they are in a rush.

I think in general, the community was looking for something different that took into account the feedback you've received over the last nearly 4 weeks. I know you felt like we were on the same page when it comes to what Casual and Hardcore players want, but clearly we weren't. Communication with your player base is the key here.

Might I suggest in the future that there is a community council of sorts that can provide feedback on stuff like this. Not just made up of the "hardcore" guilds but also smaller casual guilds. I'm sure guild leaders across the board would be willing to sit in on a video conference call with established rules and provide feedback. That type of feedback doesn't cost anything and will avoid miscues.
    Magepetsrule and SearingCorpse like this.
  6. northstar Augur

while the Fungus Scale Tunic sells for 120K on FV that same tunic sells for 8-9k on Agnarr. don't sugar coat the double glazed doughnut. plane and simple all the high end raiders will be Milking Krono you cant deny that at all. I can see it now with launch at Luclin if there was FV rules... Yeah...
  7. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

i feel like its a puzzle and we need to take certain lines from each TLP set and mix em around until a door opens and we all agree
  8. Jontrann Augur

How to fix Mangler in one easy step.

Give it Agnarr exp.
    FubarEQ likes this.
  9. northstar Augur

This is what I would like, copy and paste Vox. make it a True Box server Subscription only.... All expansions Day 1.
  10. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

what if selos didn't have true box, everyone could just alt tab box content down twice as fast, and one month unlock wouldn't feel like much, i feel like these servers needed to be opposites of each other in every way
  11. ForumBoss Augur

You're making me hungry. I love sugar coated donuts, and glazed donuts are delicious, I think you're on to something there by combining the two. If these donuts are going to sell coffee (krono), daybreak is going to make money, and we will have more options for how we play the game.
    northstar likes this.
  12. northstar Augur

for myself personally I wouldn't mind just 1 new server all expansions subscription only from the start... I don't want to drudge through all the content on a time frame anymore I just want a fresh start with everyone who wants to play EQ. I would even say true box or not. just 1 all content sub based server.
  13. northstar Augur

Bahahaha!!! that is very true! Game on!!
  14. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

yeah mangler with agnarr like xp, not knowing the percentages im assuming is a bit less than what selos will be
  15. spud89 New Member

I feel like this accomodates everyone. The raids themselves aren't much of a challenge,
    the challenge lies in beating other players. With no AoC's hardcore players can compete over raid mobs and gear. Increased open world spawn rates ensure that guilds will compete and face choices about which mobs to contest all while moving to the next expansion pretty quickly.

On the casual end of the spectrum people have sufficient time to level up and experience content at their own pace. You won't have to poopsock (nearly as much) to get your epic and if you want to raid more often you can.

Casual players seem to fear the threat of large box armies so it makes sense to keep that server true box while allowing players on the competitive server to box as many characters as they'd like. And finally, there are alot of people hoping for FV rules so I think it makes sense to enable them
    on one of the servers.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

While I wont argue that a free trade server is going to promote more capitalism the comparison is not very good. 120k on FV translated to Agnarr would be like 10cp. FV has the highest plat inflation out of any server but it also has the largest variety of goods for people to buy. The one thing I have noticed when doing price checks when you get into later expansions with multiple tiers of gear is that often time the T1 gear which is usually universally tradeable for a lot of expansions is cheaper on FV. The reason I imagine is because on FV you also have competition from the other Tiers of group gear and then throw in the raid gear and it really devalues that T1 gear a lot making it cheaper and easier for poor players to gear up. This of course only works if there is an abundance of the higher tier gears available and a players has to be willing to accept that they are not getting max stats. If you want max stats without actually earning your gear you most certainly will be paying for it.
    Risiko and ForumBoss like this.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Isn't FV krono like 2.5M+
    120k plat is like 2000p on agnaar if I think a krono on agnaar is like 50k
    Risiko likes this.
  18. The_Phoenix Journeyman

Selos sounds great, but I don't understand why you would have one month unlocks and not just start in classic...

Mangler - give it Agnarr exp and if you want to give more consequence to death then return to naked upon death respawn and CR required.
    Throw in free-trade to actually make the server desirable as well.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

Its been a while since I have seen a price check on various servers krono but 2.5m is more on par with the lower populated live servers. About a year ago when I last heard mention they were closer to the 4-5m mark on FV. Plat inflation there is pretty tremendous but its not just the free trade aspect. FV has been king forever in terms of population so it just has a massive amount of plat. Sure new servers spin up and might take the crown for a short time but FV has remained at or near the top population wise forever. Its not just the free trade though they also have 1.5 xp rate if I recall which does make it more appealing to casuals, new and returning players.
  20. Magic Augur

+1
    Selo with FV rules and 2 month unlock will be great server (i also like if pop open in 3 month to give ppl time to raid old zones) and i not mind if Selo start in Classic/Kunark, not Luclin.

Current Selo rules mean i need lvl 1-60, get AA, some gear and all it in 1 month? Cool .. After 1 month - PoP unlock and i need keying / AA / lvling 60-65 for other 1 month? Its casual? No way.

Swap some of the rules between this two servers, make Selo start at Classic / good exp / FV rules / Long unlocks and Mangle opposite start at Luclin / regular exp / 1 month unlock for hardcore players :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.